A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 297,507
Currently Running With Scissors:
365 Guests and 4 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: TORONTO EAST END -- Interest In Local Crafty Meetup  (Read 1057 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

joaniegrace
« on: November 19, 2011 08:54:09 PM »

I am a Torontonian living in the east end (Danforth specifically) and I was considering organizing a regular crafting meet up as there doesn't seem to be anything like that going on in the area.  Before I get too involved in rental spaces and all that stuff I just wanted to gauge whether there is any interest out there.  I would kind of like it to be a general craft meet up...whatever your thing (knit, sew, etc.) bring your supplies, sewing machine etc. and hang out for a day/evening and chat, learn from others and have fun.  I thought it would be cool to make it a non-profit thing...everyone pays a nominal fee to cover the rental, maybe brings something to share food wise and thats it.

Thoughts?  Is there already something like this out there I don't know about?  Is there enough interest in the area?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
CraftyLadyLiz
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2011 01:01:16 PM »

This is a good idea.  I was recently working on something that stalled and I didn't know where to go.  Fortunately, I went to the Creative Festival the next day and found my solutions.  However, something like this would be helpful.  I would be interested.  I see no one else has responded.  Do you have any suggestions as to how we can get more interest.  Posting on other sites, Facebook, local publications?  How much would you expect it to cost to rent space?  I am in Richmond Hill but not against coming into the City, so maybe widen your catch area.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

elizanne handcrafted treasures
www.elizanne.ca
stellaheartocean

inappropriate in every way imaginable

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2012 08:52:22 AM »

This is a great idea! I definitely want to meet crafty people in my city Cheesy I live in Forest Hill. As far as spaces, maybe we can find somewhere free to hang out? This would take some research but I love your idea and hope it can go somewhere.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

gunstreetgirl on Ravelry
www.varnishedvalkyrie.blogspot.com
Lera-star
what you really wanna know about Lera yupyup

if all craft is art, dose that make all art craft?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2012 08:06:33 PM »

i live in thornhill but would totally be up for a meet up in taking my knitting with me. that sounds awsome
THIS ROCKS   Logged

cammipham
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2013 01:09:45 PM »

If you ladies are still interested, I might be able to arrange free venue for the meetup Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
1Maribelle
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2013 04:13:10 PM »

This appears to be a reply to an old post, but what the heck...?

I know if you're willing to go south of the Danforth - to Queen Street East at Broadview - there the Ralph Thornton Community Centre.
They don't charge rental if the space isn't being used for profit.
I've been thinking about organizing something there in the Fall - everyone is always wanting to be outside in the summer and who can blame them?

How about a weekly meetup on the east side hill of Riverdale Park?
I'm moving to South Riverdale at the end of this month and already have this planned with another friend.
Why not join us?
Let me know if there's interest?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ratzrule
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2013 10:50:47 AM »

I live in North TO, so it wouldn't be too much of a jaunt to get to this. I'd be interested.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Tips For Tweaking Your Wardrobe For A Quick Fall Fashion Update
Back to School Lookbook
Outfit Ideas and Beauty Looks to Try This Fall
Nikki Pennie Reveals Her Must-Have Jeans
Top 5 Fall Denim Trends
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...