A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 300,872
Currently Running With Scissors:
630 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 19
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Christmas/Winter Ninni Swap GALLERY: send out by 12/7  (Read 20528 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Momof2!
« Reply #130 on: December 14, 2011 05:20:17 PM »

OMG I am so amazed at all of the wonderful ninnis!!! EVERY SINGLE ONE that is here is incredibly cute. If it wasn't 11 days before Christmas, and I didn't have 10000 more things to do, I would make that Jack and Sally ninni for my daughter. She would LOVE it!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Leslieshappyheart
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

A happy heart makes the face cheerful! Pr 15:13

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #131 on: December 15, 2011 06:17:18 AM »

Oh my Ninni!  I just received from fiddlegirl8, and you won't believe the great package she sent me!  I've got a lot of pictures, so sit back and enjoy the show!

First, when I opened the box, it really was Christmas!  I started singing "Deck the Halls"!

I'll spare you pictures of me ripping everything open.  But I will go overboard with pictures of my long-awaited Angel Ninni Tree Topper

Here she is, fresh out of the box...isn't she serene?

Floating high atop the Christmas tree:

She is sooo perfect, because my tree is all about stuffies (and candy canes, but that has nothing to do with the angel ninni!)

Okay, I will try to tear myself away from angel-gazing, and show you the rest of the package!  Fiddlegirl8 made me these awesome kitchen towels with Christmas-y appliques!  I LOVE the ninni cookie! (And the other cookies!  And the snowmen!)

I can't believe she also made me this wonderful scrappy pouch (just like the ones her lucky partners received in the Scrap Happy swap)!  It has tons of details--buttons, ribbon, rick-rack, and free-motion quilting.  It is really a treat for the eyes--I love it!  First the front (can you believe the lovely bird applique?):

Then with the flap open:

And finally the back:

You would think that would be enough, right?  But no, there's a boat-load of extras to show you!

The angel card is so pretty, I will save that.  I got a tin of sugar-free peppermints with my name on the tin!  She also sent Lindor truffles (yum!), a Christmas notepad with a magnet on the back (I use these constantly--good choice!), two different lengths of ribbon with hearts on them, two BEAUTIFUL pieces of Christmas fabric (I adore the robins!), and a real treasure:  several pieces of old quilts to use in crafting, and two hearts made from old quilts.  She found the quilts and hearts at garage sales!  I will have to start going to more garage sales!

Thank you so much, Diane, for this wonderful package!  It showed up on my doorstep before 8am this morning!!  Weird, but an awesome way to start my day!  I am so excited about all of it, you did a super job on all the crafted items, and your choice of extras for me is perfect.  You outdid yourself!!  (Now I have to go look at my Christmas tree some more!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My crafty blog: Leslie's Art and Sew

My dolly blog: Blythe Happy
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

« Reply #132 on: December 15, 2011 08:34:42 AM »

What a personalized and thoughtful package of goodies!  I love the angel topper ninni!  What a cute idea and a nice addition to your tree!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

fiddlegirl8
Sew, Sew Happy!!

Are you going to throw that away?! Can I have it?!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #133 on: December 15, 2011 09:02:11 AM »

Whew!  I'm so happy you received, Leslie!  I really loved creating these things for you - and I again apologize for being so late.  I'm also pleased you like the extras - you're a great partner - love love love swapping with you!  Kiss

Thank you, alwaysinmyroom, for the compliments.   Smiley
« Last Edit: December 15, 2011 09:04:56 AM by fiddlegirl8 - Reason: spelling » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Oh, give me a home where the buffalo roam...  (Kansas State Song)
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Make all things!!

« Reply #134 on: December 15, 2011 11:37:47 AM »

I was wondering what you do with quilt parts you find...do you remake them into something else?  It always pains me to find them so cheap when I know someone put a lot of love and work into them...but I don't know what to do with them if they are damaged...

I just spied the little hippo in the pouch...I love hippos..
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Leslieshappyheart
Tutorial Contributor

A happy heart makes the face cheerful! Pr 15:13

« Reply #135 on: December 15, 2011 12:27:41 PM »

I was wondering what you do with quilt parts you find...do you remake them into something else?  It always pains me to find them so cheap when I know someone put a lot of love and work into them...but I don't know what to do with them if they are damaged...

I just spied the little hippo in the pouch...I love hippos..

So far the only thing I've done with old quilt pieces is make hearts--in the Jar of Hearts swap I made hearts for 3 partners from a piece of a quilt that susanab gave me; all three partners liked that heart the best of the ones I sent.  Fiddlegirl8 used part of the purple piece in the picture above to make "hope" hearts for AmandaBL as part of our box of hearts for her (the link is HERE for those who don't know what I'm referring to)--and you know that Amanda has put them on a garland, which is such a great idea!  Another way to use them is to make a simple two-piece stuffie (like a ninni!) to be used as decoration, like a sofa pillow.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My crafty blog: Leslie's Art and Sew

My dolly blog: Blythe Happy
Bobomom
« Reply #136 on: December 15, 2011 12:48:05 PM »

OMG! What a great package from fiddlegirl8!  That Ninni angel tree topper is so cute! I love the face!

I also am in love with the Jack, Sally and Zero Ninnis! They are sooo cute! They look really soft!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Make all things!!

« Reply #137 on: December 15, 2011 12:48:17 PM »

Hearts seems so fitting for the quilts...maybe we can save some quilts to be enjoyed in their reincarnation as other projects such as the one you did for Amanda...I will keep an eye out now for these tattered gems...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

fiddlegirl8
Sew, Sew Happy!!

Are you going to throw that away?! Can I have it?!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #138 on: December 15, 2011 12:58:43 PM »

alwaysinmyroom - I recrafted a piece of tattered quilt (blue and white) into a couple of CAT stuffies for the couch.  I did this like 20 years ago.  I gave them to friends as gifts - they loved them as much as I did.  I don't use the quilt for the back of the decoration, just the front.  That way, you have more original quilt area to use.  I've seen these used in all kinds of decorating - I had a beautiful vintage red and white quilt piece made into a cat (not crafted by me), and I regrettably gave it to someone who didn't really appreciate it.  I was sad the moment it left my hands and went to hers!  I wanted to snatch it back.   Sad

I've also seen vintage quilt pieces crafted into little animals to decorate a nursery - not for playing with by baby, just for show.   Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Oh, give me a home where the buffalo roam...  (Kansas State Song)
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Make all things!!

« Reply #139 on: December 15, 2011 01:59:05 PM »

We could almost start a whole new thread about crafting with old quilts!  My dear friend just took her 39 year old quilt to the cleaners to see if it can be "saved"...if not, I am going to offer to make her something with the good parts...maybe a pillow sham or two...it would be a shame to toss it just because it has some old parts... Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 19 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Do a Waterfall Plait
How to Do a Reverse French Plait
How to Thicken Thin Hair | Thinning Hair and Baldness
How to Treat Scars from Old Hair Transplants
Hair Transplant Growth on Scarred or Burned Skin
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Super Easy Peppermint Bark
Handmade Gift Ideas: Grey & Plum Button Wreath
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hippogriff

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...