A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Breaking News: What's with all of the SPAM on Craftster?  Click here to find out what happened!
Total Members: 307,167
Currently Running With Scissors:
335 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 19
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Christmas/Winter Ninni Swap GALLERY: send out by 12/7  (Read 28987 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

jexxican
« Reply #80 on: December 09, 2011 07:15:30 AM »

Thanks for the compliments, everyone! I loved making all of this. Once I actually read Frank's Q I was inspired and couldn't stop making until I was done. She was easy to craft for. The ornaments were inspired by an Etsy link in her Q.

Frank, they look great on your tree! I am so happy you like it all. Not that I was worried...  8)ddddddddd

ddddgd
And that was what our 'sponsor'preg_replace('/(.{49})/', '$1 ', 'dddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd') d had to say. For some reason she loves the letter d. I think I had more to say but she won't let me!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"The perplexity of life arises from there being too many interesting things in it for us to be interested properly in any of them."
- G. K. Chesterton

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life.

It's much more fun, this growing down. -RIP Uncle Shelby-
Momof2!
« Reply #81 on: December 09, 2011 08:30:03 AM »

So many cute things!! We make dough ornaments every year and have been meaning to make some cinnamon ones but haven't gotten around to it..maybe next year.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Lady Orizas

knitter & gunslinger

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #82 on: December 09, 2011 09:39:23 AM »

Jexxican the fabric you used for your ninni  is so cute!  The ornaments are so awesome, I love the felt ones, great job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Lady Orizas

knitter & gunslinger

« Reply #83 on: December 09, 2011 11:02:17 AM »

I got my sweet little hooded winter ninni,  too cute!  She has little snowflake eyes and is truly adorable.  My daughter has already told me that she's not going to put her down ever!  With my Ninni, I got some delicious chocolate treats and an AMAZINGLY beautiful and well constructed winter bag.  I LOVE LOVE LOVE it!  This will now be my full time winter tote.  My ninni also came wearing a cute fabric bracelet, which unsuperb warned might function better as a ninni scarf, but it makes a super cute cuff too!

Here is the package (all pictures are clickable thumbnails)

Here is all of the loot!  The picture is blurry, but you can see my precious Ninni wearing the bracelet/scarf. Then I put it on and it's Adorable!

Here are a bunch of picture of the Ninni, my camera is crap, but I tried to get some that didn't white out all of the color

Here is my amazing winter tote that I love to pieces!  Perfect for toting crafts around!  

Thank you so much Unsuperb, you made my first swap on Craftster a great one.  I love how creative and adorable the Ninni is, and the bag is a fast favorite already.  *muah*  Thanks!
« Last Edit: December 09, 2011 11:04:08 AM by Lady Orizas » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Leslieshappyheart
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

A happy heart makes the face cheerful! Pr 15:13

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #84 on: December 09, 2011 12:07:03 PM »

I LOVE that ninni, unsuperb!  The hood is just too cute!  The bag is really awesome too, I love the wintery tree scene. The cuff is a great extra.

Lady Orizas, your daughter is a beauty--what eyes!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My crafty blog: Leslie's Art and Sew

My dolly blog: Blythe Happy
Lady Orizas

knitter & gunslinger

« Reply #85 on: December 09, 2011 12:30:32 PM »

I LOVE that ninni, unsuperb!  The hood is just too cute!  The bag is really awesome too, I love the wintery tree scene. The cuff is a great extra.

Lady Orizas, your daughter is a beauty--what eyes!

Thank you!  I usually add her in pictures of craft objects I create, because her cuteness distracts people from noticing any imperfections  Wink Grin  Unsuperb's crafts were flawless (no need for any distractions there!)  but Eryss was so excited about the package that she had to be in almost every single shot!   You can even see a little hand and some blonde hair in the picture of the stuff before I even took it out of the bag LOL, she couldn't wait to see everything!  The hood & the little pink side-swept bangs were such adorable additions to the ninni.  They gave her such personality.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
unsuperb
« Reply #86 on: December 09, 2011 12:41:12 PM »

I'm so glad you liked everything! 

Here's a close-up of the ninni Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
fiddlegirl8

Sew, Sew Happy!!

Are you going to throw that away?! Can I have it?!

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 09, 2011 02:34:48 PM »

Awesome Ninni package!!  I love the Eskimo-like Ninni, and what a great bag (I love trees! on everything).   Smiley Smiley  Beautiful daughter, Lady O!   Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Oh, give me a home where the buffalo roam...  (Kansas State Song)
susanab
« Reply #88 on: December 09, 2011 04:10:20 PM »

Unsuperb-- I'm trying to pinpoint what about that Ninni is so over the top but I'm sure it's everything about it. This would be the Ninni we'd encounter like 5th avenue in the 50s/60s blocks. Rockefeller Center looking at a wonderful piece of jewelry. At a small classy cafe preciously eating something with powdered sugar--haha! Giving a great big tip after taking a pedicab just because the cyclist looked like s/he needed the work. This is the Audrey Hepburn of Ninnis, I think.

Lady Orizas--your daughter is gorgeous! Like LHH says, what eyes! Just as beautiful as can be.

I love that winter tote and, hey, I was just at Trader Joe's this morning--first thing before it gets wacky in there. Anyone who has a TJ's nearby-- if you have not tried the Honey Sesame Cashews (not almonds, I cannot vouch for those...yet), you will FLIP! Back to the tote--wow! it's frosty and wintery and great.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

my photo blog:
nysnaps.blogspot.com
fiddlegirl8

Sew, Sew Happy!!

Are you going to throw that away?! Can I have it?!

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: December 09, 2011 05:47:16 PM »

Get yourselves comfy for some overload on this gallery - I received my package from my partner, THE WONDERFUL LESLIESHAPPYHEART - she makes my heart happy, for sure.

Big box - here it is, right out of the box - overload of packages - Santa doesn't even have to bother stopping by my house now!

Here are the cute Ninnis in my Christmas colors - red, lime green and turquoise - THEY'RE ANGELS with little banner flag hearts in their hands - HOPE FAITH LOVE!  Their little halos are made of sparkly gold with stars! How could anyone resist their cute little smiles and those eyes - each one unique!  Leslie, you ROCK!

( I had to post both pictures - I love these guys!)

Then, on my questionnaire, for the extra, I said I would love to have the beginnings of a little woodland scene - you know, some "little" woodland creatures or trees - remember, I said little.  Here's what she made me:
Mama and baby raccoons!

and,
BUTTON TREES! These are really a nice size, small pillows, but not "little" by any means - they're beautiful!

And more extras - yummy RITZ (LHH's new favorite!) and FABRIC!  Fabric that I love and had posted that I wished for more of this - my wish was Leslie's command - she sent a yard of it!

And here is everything in a chair in my living room - it's a big overstuffed chair - the kind that two grown adults can sit in!  Doesn't it all look ever so wonderful!

Now, I need to up the ante (don't you think!!) because I have not sent Leslieshappyheart her package yet, and I'm somewhat glad that I'm late because it gives me a chance to add a few more things.  Although, I am not sure, outside of just raiding a fabric store and sending, that I can even measure up to this loveliness - talk about spoiled - ME!  Leslie, you are the best - Your sewing skills are just breathtaking - the trees, raccoons and Ninnis are all perfect.  And, perfect for me.  Wow, you are my hero!

The colors of everything Leslie sent are just the colors I use to decorate - the red, turquoise and lime green.  IF I had my tree up yet (I don't), I would show you how perfectly she designed these for me - I'm having my quilt buddies over Monday evening to my house for a Christmas party, and was going to get my decorations out this weekend - and I will - and now I think these wonderful things will be under the tree - the heck with wrapped packages!  The Ninnis are actually ornaments for the tree.  I hope to post another picture, if you all are not sick of my going on and on already, of the tree with this wonderfulness on it and beneath it!

Thanks are not enough Leslie.  I just love everything.  So. Much.    Kiss Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Oh, give me a home where the buffalo roam...  (Kansas State Song)
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 19 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

How-To Videos
Carrie Underwood Reveals Her Least Favorite Body Part
How To Create A Modern Victorian Look With Strong Brows and Velvet Lips
We Love This Hydrating, Anti-Aging Mask
Beauty Breakthrough: Drink Your Skincare
Get a Dose of Vitamin D Without Sunshine
Latest Blog Articles
May 4, 2016 Featured Projects
I propose a toast!
Tute Tuesday: Plastic Mesh Rug

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...