A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 296,661
Currently Running With Scissors:
492 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Please give feedback on my website and t-shirt designs?  (Read 658 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

civilunrestclothing.com
Civil Unrest Clothing

View Profile WWW
« on: November 19, 2011 02:04:09 PM »

Hi there! Only been selling/designing my shirts for a couple months, and have gotten some very complimentary feedback, but haven't sold a lot yet. Looking into purchasing shirts in bulk, and selling them at local craft/art fairs, in addition to selling online.

Any feedback and/or comments are welcome! Thanks in advance!

www.civilunrestclot hing.com
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Represent the Detroit area, or simply wear your attitude in style with unique, custom designed t-shirts, hoodies and other apparel!

Web: http://www.facebook.com/civilunrestclothing

Follow Us on Facebook!  www.facebook.com/civilunrestclothing

Follow Us on Twitter!
www.twitter.com/civilunres
athena394
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2012 11:07:55 AM »

I think your website looks great. I was a little surprised at how many links there are on the left side but I guess it's not a bad thing. And maybe if I'm nitpicking, I would have a bit less intro text because when I loaded the site, none of the designs showed. If some of the designs showed at the very beginning it would give people what they were looking for right away. Maybe you could rename the "about me" page to "about" and put the text on the homepage there as well as the information you already have. Anyway that's pretty small. I think you're on the right track! Good luck!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ADDCrafting
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2012 10:58:30 PM »

I second Athena's note about putting some of the designs at the top of the page. Maybe you could have a space at the top with your three most popular designs. Generally I'm the type of person who wants to see pictures before I invest in the time to read your story.

Also, the links on the left are a little confusing. The "Read This" page appears to be a blog, but it's not that obvious. If I was looking for the blog, I wouldn't think to click there.

I definitely like what you've got there, though. Very cool!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I sew, crochet, bead, make natural toys for kitties, and so much more.
Homepage | Etsy | Zibbet | Ravelry
Kimbles
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2012 03:49:45 AM »

Looks great, and I concur with what the others are saying about the text. Perhaps you could try a slideshow of featured designs with one of the slides being a (much briefer than now) explanation of your design focus. See if you can turn your description into a snappy catchphrase. Eg thinkgeek: stuff for smart masses. Onehorseshy: we pander to everyone.

The product page is great. though I dithered for a bit working what I clicked to buy a shirt. Commands work better for getting people to click than passive words. Make your own shirt is good, but perhaps the other could be "Buy it ready made" or similar.

You might consider too moving the "discount on shipping" add up above the red bar and moving the social media icons across to the right, so the product could be closer to the top. I imagine as a designer you have a big screen, but you have to consider people using smaller screens and mobile devices (if you're not doing a custom mobile version).

But great work. You site design meshes really well with your product designs.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Kimbles
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2012 04:00:06 AM »

Also, I only just realised when I went back to look at the site, that those buttons actually did anything. They reloaded completely below the fold.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Beautiful Buttery Brown Noodles Recipe
Southern Cornbread with Sage Casserole Recipe
Hearty Turkey Pot Pie from Leftovers Recipe
Baked Macaroni and Cheese Recipe
Fantastic Tuna Melt Sandwich Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...