A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 299,182
Currently Running With Scissors:
739 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Welcome to my home, come on in!  (Read 4659 times)
Tags for this thread: home_decor  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

K3lly

i heart jellyfish

View Profile WWW
« on: November 18, 2011 08:13:55 AM »

Welcome to my home.  I am proud of everything so far.  Though I am not done of course.  I am planning some
art for the walls in the living room, and painting a few more things, then I will be a bit more happy with it as a
whole.  But so far so good.  Ohh, and this is the first time I have really hung up anything on the walls for display!

This is right inside the front door.  The name on the board says Fraley but the L is yellow as well as the back
ground and does not show up well in this picture.  The shelf is also in the entry way.  I wish I could get him to
always put his boots under it! lol

Straight ahead from the front door is the girls room.  I found that orange curtain digging through my fabric and
decided it would be perfect in their door way.  And by girls, I mean dogs.  It was meant to be for storage, but
it is the perfect size for my girlies to have a safe place to stay when we are out of the house.

And yes, they have custom art work! <3  They love it!

Overall view of the living room, and in the right corner that is obstructed by the door that is always left open to
the girls room.  That is Jettas favorite chair I think.

Gracies favorite spot when the sun is not beating down in the living room window, and my awesome $5 GW chair!

Computer area (where T is figuring out our Xmas road trip so he can turn in his forms for leave.  They want to
know exactly where we will be stopping along the way, and everything.  it took him a while) And the big chair
and girls bed where they sun.

My free rocking chair and start of my tray collection.  I love that chair but I hardly ever use it.

Over all view of the kitchen.  And all the chairs I have redone up to date.  I have 1 more that will be at the table.
It is partially sanded and waiting patiently for me to finish and paint.  It will be bright yellow.  I am thinking about
getting/making black seat cushions for all of them.  The green chair is usable but obviously not finished.

It's washed out a bit, but it is bright bright red

Wooden butterfly I painted that hangs from the chandelier and more of my tray collection.  Also the shelf that displays
some of my cool stuff.

My free (saved from the trash) microwave table that I was so happy my hubby picked up for me.  And on our anniversary no less! <3
And my vintage TV trays I got at GW for less than $10!!  I was so excited!

This stuff is pretty explanatory, I will save you from the view of dirty dishes, lol.  

This guy I got at the GW for $2 lives near the window in front of the sink.

Fridge... excuse the black dot in the center.  I didn't realize till I was re-sizing the photos that the name and address of my SS recipient
on another board was out in the open for everyone to see!

The hallway with the awesomeness of glow in the dark stars. DH actually used these exact stars to propose!

Bathroom with my wonderful shower curtain and custom art work.  I also LOVE my rugs!

Craft room.  My table hardly eve stays so clean! lol

Scrapbook paper and more trays I need to attach hooks to so I can hang.  And I bought 5 more (xmas ones) yesterday for a total of $2!!

And my bed room.  Not a lot going on in there, we just recently decided on a color scheme.  I'm hoping to get something up on the
wall in the next week or so.  And I can't wait to sand/paint our side tables.  Mine esp needs it.  It is another GW find.  Poor thing was
sitting in the corner covered in cup rings and dust.  It is loved now though.

That's it for now!  I'll make sure to post pics of the 4th kitchen chair once I have finished it.  I also want to do something with the small
table next to the computer desk.  I have had it for over 2yrs now I think and that thing needs a good coating of paint or something!
« Last Edit: November 18, 2011 08:19:44 AM by K3lly » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am interested in personal swaps!
Proud Air Force Wife, and owned by 2 IGs.  <3
Antidigger
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2011 08:32:04 AM »

Lovely work, very nice to see those chairs in context. You have a very welcoming and eclectic home?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Look twice, buy once. Nooooo
Look twice, decide I can make one instead.
K3lly

i heart jellyfish

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2011 08:38:13 AM »

Thank you.  I know all the color and mis-matched stuff is not for everyone.  But I really like it, obviously.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2011 10:49:10 AM »

I love peeking into other people's homes!  Thanks for sharing...it truly shows off your artistic and crafty side...love that you have such personal touches in your home, with lots of color!

I could spend hours looking at all your stuff and hearing the stories...your tray collection is a favorite, and your picture frames!!

Did you decorate those yourself? 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

K3lly

i heart jellyfish

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2011 11:07:39 AM »

I love peeking into other people's homes!  Thanks for sharing...it truly shows off your artistic and crafty side...love that you have such personal touches in your home, with lots of color!

I could spend hours looking at all your stuff and hearing the stories...your tray collection is a favorite, and your picture frames!!

Did you decorate those yourself?  

Thank you so much!

I like peeking too!  And since their are lots of people who like to do that too, I don't mind sharing!
I love having an actual color pallet to work with.  This is actually the first time I have decorated
and had some sort of scheme going.  Themes aren't really my thing because my favorites change
so much.  The way I see it now.  When (and I'm sure it will happen) I get tired of these colors, I
can easily paint everything I have.  Of course except the soft furniture.  But even then I could do
a slip cover if I really wanted to.

I just recently started indulging my tray fetish.  I come across them all the time at our 2 GWs. <3
I have a double of the one that says 'Friends Are The Flowers In The Garden Of Life' I plan on painting
something on that one.

Some of the frames I painted with acrylics, others I just spray painted to go with the colors I wanted
in my decor.

These you can tell which ones I sprayed.  The 3 in the center shelf I cut scrapbook paper and glued down.
I actually have a whole drawer full of these frames I did with the intention to sell that I haven't pushed yet.

Here I'm sure you can tell which ones I painted.  The others I have not touched... yet.

Oh!  And I forgot to add this picture to the OP.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2011 11:10:18 AM by K3lly » THIS ROCKS   Logged

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Make all things!!

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2011 11:13:01 AM »

Growing up in the military, I had my share of white walls!  Yeah--I like to paint in bright colors as well! Cheesy

I have some cheap frames that you gave me a great idea to re-do to use for displaying some of the awesome ATC's and inchies I have received in swaps...

also, loved your separate post on your chairs!  I am not brave enough to paint my oak chairs yet...but seeing your red one is giving me courage!!  I need red chairs in my life... Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

K3lly

i heart jellyfish

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2011 11:39:18 AM »

Growing up in the military, I had my share of white walls!  Yeah--I like to paint in bright colors as well! Cheesy

I have some cheap frames that you gave me a great idea to re-do to use for displaying some of the awesome ATC's and inchies I have received in swaps...

also, loved your separate post on your chairs!  I am not brave enough to paint my oak chairs yet...but seeing your red one is giving me courage!!  I need red chairs in my life... Cheesy

Everyone needs red chairs in their lives!  I hope to see yours soon!
People always say things to me like you just did.  "I'm afraid to paint with that color.'
Well, the way I see it is like this.  If you paint and it is just too bold or not right, you
can always paint it again.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mslabelle
Corgis are the sweetest!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2011 12:04:09 PM »

I love all the bright happy colors. I have a few trays that are silver and just love them. I'll have to go check out our new GW.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I reject your reality and substitute my own.  --Adam Savage
K3lly

i heart jellyfish

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2011 12:21:37 PM »

I love all the bright happy colors. I have a few trays that are silver and just love them. I'll have to go check out our new GW.  Smiley

I have a bunch of silver ones too, but not one has a hook on them to be hung up.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Make all things!!

« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2011 12:58:01 PM »

I use those 3m hook things you can attach to the back--they look like a can tab sort of and you can easily take it off if you need to without hurting the trays...

like these:
http://www.command.com/wps/portal/3M/en_US/NACommand/Command/Products/Product-Catalog/?PC_7_RJH9U523080QE0IIHEICN90GC1000000_nid=SJPXL5S5P2gsF0GFSQ26BSglX4FR7LGBW3bl
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Crochet a Blanket Part 2/3
How to Crochet a Wavy Blanket Part 1/3
Homemade and DIY Gift Ideas: PopSugar’s Holiday Gift Guide
How to Control Tension in Crochet
How to Crochet Lesson 1
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hippogriff
Handmade Gift Ideas: Exploding Needle Box
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...