A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 296,743
Currently Running With Scissors:
485 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Steampunk Ornament Swap Round 2 Gallery  (Read 8071 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

jennden
« Reply #40 on: December 18, 2011 01:01:15 PM »

I received from EmilyXOrange and lelila, Sorry it took so long to post pictures my computer has been acting up.
First up EmilyXOrange's ornament.

Then lelila's ornament

Thank you both for the awesome ornaments!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
hgddm

What a piece of work is man!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #41 on: December 18, 2011 03:36:34 PM »

Cool idea to steampunkify a bell!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mezcraft
IIIIIII made it myself!!!

I'm a maker. I make stuff.

« Reply #42 on: December 18, 2011 06:20:27 PM »

Hi, I got some lovely steampunk niceties from Alchamy513, She also picked the most perfect colour cause purple is awesome!

Thank you so much, it is totally adorable and is going to look fabulous all year long!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ashgrim
« Reply #43 on: December 18, 2011 06:42:44 PM »

Ok, finally getting a chance to post my lovelies!

First off, I received this fun tin from hgddm

Open it up and what do you find? An octopus wearing goggles, of course!

I love all the little details and things he is holding. hgddm also included a "good luck charm" penny and a little Christmas charm.  Smiley

Next I got this lovely little top hat ornament from Alchamy along with a little steampunked necklace:

Sorry about the poorly lit photo, but it's a very cute crocheted hat with a couple of gears and a key dangling from it. Love it!

Finally I got this amazing quilled octopus from Elameno:

She included a lovely little story about its origin:

I have enclosed a curious accoutrement of Christmas in the northern industrial towns of the United Kingdom. While you or I would recognize the octopus from many different manufacturer's logos, it has for much longer been a symbol of special importance to factory workers. Its eight arms, reminiscent of the great machines the factory employees work with and maintain, make the octopus a symbol of wealth and prosperity. An ornament depicting an octopus is commonly hung in the window of a working family to help ensure their financial security in the coming new year. And so here is an ornament for your window or Christmas tree, and the best wishes for a prosperous and happy New Year.

I love that he has a history, and the quilling work is fantastic! Some of it started to come apart after my son pulled the Christmas tree over >.< but I'm sure I can fix it. Smiley

Thank you all so much!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm definitely open to personal swaps--pm me!

My Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/ashgrim/

My blog: http://www.ashleymgrimes.com

Participating in the Wee House CAL
Elameno
« Reply #44 on: December 19, 2011 09:06:32 AM »

I received a whole slew of stuff today! It's exciting to get to much mail at once! Cheesy

First up, Alchamy513! I received a beautiful crocheted top hat with gears and a key hanging from it. Someone else said that it reminded them of a wind chime, and I agree. I also received a lovely necklace with a clock face and some tiny gear shaped beads.

Next, I received from hgddm. It's a beautiful little ornament with a clockface in the center and a key dangling for the middle--but I like the wings the best! I think they're cut out of some kind of aluminum.

And finally, an ornament from Ashgrim! I absolutely love this airship--it's adorable! The detail at the front of the balloon is my favourite. I should've taken a picture to better show it off!

Thank you everyone! Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged
mezcraft

« Reply #45 on: December 20, 2011 06:24:47 AM »

I too got my air ship from Ashgrim! I totally love it, it is absolutely gorgeous great job. My husband thinks it's "totally cool" as he put it.

I apologize for the dark photo

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Witchhippie
« Reply #46 on: December 20, 2011 06:37:04 PM »

OK, so I figured out how to take pictures and download them from my phone. It is not the best, but here is my last ornament.

I really like it. Thanks to everyone for my goodies!!
« Last Edit: December 22, 2011 07:35:07 AM by jeannettew32 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.wists.com/JW32
http://pinterest.com/witchhippie/

There are three types of people in this world: those who make things happen, those who watch things happen and those who wonder what happened. - Mary Kay Ash
mezcraft

« Reply #47 on: December 24, 2011 09:16:27 AM »

I have to make a severe apology, I received two wonderful ornaments on the same day, I opened the packages put these wonderful ornaments on my tree, and then my hubby and I proceeded to clean a bit for christmas! I have lost the packaging and do not know who made me what.. I am sooooo soo sorry! I absolutely love both of the ornaments, so please Craftsunderground, hgddm please claim your goodies.. I feel horrible... Let me tell you how fantastic they are -
This one is really neat and oh so many tiny details that my photograph didn't capture, there are tiny little gears decorating the christmas tree inside of the test tube and neat looking stamps as the background. I just think this is so cool. My husband was like " The detail is amazing.."

Secondly, I won the prize! First Prize for the Transcontinental airship race! That is actually what it says on this amazing ribbon! I was so impressed by even the idea of this. Hanging on our tree it makes it look like we have won for best tree. I absolutely adore it and I think the idea is just so very creative. The craftsmanship is also topnotch. Thank you so much!

sorry for the dark photo

Thank you to both of you, I am sorry for the mix up, but I would rather claim a mixup than attribute one's work to the other...

THIS ROCKS   Logged

hgddm

What a piece of work is man!

« Reply #48 on: December 24, 2011 01:45:55 PM »

Mine is the test tube. Glad you like!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Witchhippie
« Reply #49 on: December 24, 2011 02:57:41 PM »

The test tube is great.

SOoo, how did you make it? I want one!!!  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.wists.com/JW32
http://pinterest.com/witchhippie/

There are three types of people in this world: those who make things happen, those who watch things happen and those who wonder what happened. - Mary Kay Ash
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
13 Celebrities Who Transformed Their Faces By Changing Their Hair
How To Create A Fake Short Bob
Reverse Hair Damage with Your Diet
How To Manage "2nd Day" Hair
How to Style Half Up Prom Hair
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...