A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 302,606
Currently Running With Scissors:
524 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Steampunk Ornament Swap Round 2 Gallery  (Read 7977 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

hgddm

What a piece of work is man!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #30 on: December 12, 2011 08:32:32 PM »

I received two lovely ornaments!

This one is from Alchamy513 (and she sent a cute necklace too):

Cute little red hat! and keys! Squeeeeeeee

And this one is from Ashgrim:

Sweet airship! Love how the basket is attached with the crochet harness and the filigree bead cap on the front.

Thank you both! Awesome swap Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ashgrim
« Reply #31 on: December 13, 2011 02:06:19 PM »

Yay! I'm glad you like it.  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm definitely open to personal swaps--pm me!

My Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/ashgrim/

My blog: http://www.ashleymgrimes.com

Participating in the Wee House CAL
Witchhippie
« Reply #32 on: December 13, 2011 06:55:19 PM »

As everyone knows, I have been having a lot of trouble with my camera. However, I was able to get these pictures with my phone, the quality is horrible.
Group shot:

Individual, I am only waiting on one more. I will update when it arrives.

I love them all. Thanks everyone!! Grin
« Last Edit: December 13, 2011 06:58:30 PM by jeannettew32 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.wists.com/JW32
http://pinterest.com/witchhippie/

There are three types of people in this world: those who make things happen, those who watch things happen and those who wonder what happened. - Mary Kay Ash
mezcraft
IIIIIII made it myself!!!

I'm a maker. I make stuff.

« Reply #33 on: December 14, 2011 09:30:57 AM »

Hi I got this lovely airship with an amazing story of "the Polaris" Santa's flying ship! Elameno did a great job with quilling and I think it looks fabulous! I totally love it.

Thanks so much!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bookstorebabe

Girl Genius! Kaja&Phil Foglio

« Reply #34 on: December 14, 2011 10:25:38 AM »

Wow! All of the ornaments have been amazing, but I especially like santa's flying ship. I am so not missing this swap next year. Alchamy, this is an annual event, right? Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"If you're going to go for tech that doesn't exist,think Willy Wonka,not Hoover!" Firefairy@ craftster
http://StudioLTD@etsy.com. Coupon code summerfun  50%
http://www.pinterest.com/studioltd60/
hgddm

What a piece of work is man!

« Reply #35 on: December 14, 2011 11:10:44 AM »

WOW, love it!! Can't wait to get mine Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Alchamy513
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Watson's Warriors

« Reply #36 on: December 14, 2011 08:16:14 PM »

Wow! All of the ornaments have been amazing, but I especially like santa's flying ship. I am so not missing this swap next year. Alchamy, this is an annual event, right? Grin

Of course it is!

So I've been having major computer problems the last few days... it should be ok by tomorrow, but just a heads up, I'm not ignoring you its just hard to do much on my nook...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I believe in Sherlock Holmes! : Avengers Assemble!
My Pinterest
Elameno
« Reply #37 on: December 16, 2011 09:18:18 AM »

I'm glad you like the airship mezcraft! This was my first time quilling anything and I really enjoyed learning. Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Craftsunderground
« Reply #38 on: December 17, 2011 02:50:13 PM »

I have pleaded my case before, but have to apologize again for posting so late.
I received a lovely lace ornament from Mezcraft. She made it from found parts, and if you know me from my other posts, you know I love reused, recycled, and up-cycled craftiness. So, this was particularly "me." Also, I dress my tree primarily in white and gold and this one really filled the bill. She also included a lovely gift tag. It will be hard to part with this one. Perhaps I will put it on a gift for me. The ornament and tag are backed by a very funny holiday card. Thanks for swapping with me Mezcraft.

A few days later, I received a charming top hat ornament from Alchemy513. She crocheted the cutest miniature hat and dangled tiny gears from it. It is like a tiny windchime and is just adorable! She also included a creative pendant decorated Steampunk style with a self adjusting necklace. Thanks for swapping with me Alchemy, my tree is well-dressed--pun intended  Wink

The same day, lucky me, I received from Elameno. She crafted a lovely silhouette of a young girl on a translucent background. It's hard to see, but she is wearing goggles and bits of wings, which are both family heirlooms, as a fanciful note that accompanies the ornament explains. The ornament includes paper quilling. Wonderful crafting skills Eleamo--the silhouette cutting and the quilling, not to mention the construction. I just love it and want to think of a way to display it along with the note.

I was partnered with hgddm before on a Steampunk swap and was thrilled to find that she was one of my partners again. I opened the envelope to find an intriguing box topped with a tiny Christmas jewel. Inside was a delight. hgddm crafted a tiny magnifier mounted on a penny. It is such an innovative touch. It looks like something you would find in a miniature library or lab. I am going to keep it on my desk at work so remind me of the wonder in the world. The ornament is a decorated matchbox that opens to reveal a tiny cache of gears and bits that seem like something you would find if you opened a desk drawer in that same library or lab. Thanks so much hgddm--I love it.

I am expecting one more ornament and I can hardly wait. Everyone in this swap has been so creative. I hope you all enjoy the ones I made half as much as I am enjoying these.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2011 10:28:59 AM by Craftsunderground » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Teesha Moore inspired patches--anyone want to swap?
My_RubySlippers
Dabbler Of Everything

« Reply #39 on: December 17, 2011 04:18:47 PM »

Next year....I'm so jealous I had finals right during this swap. Everything looks so awesome!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I do personal swaps, especially ATCs! ( I'm recently addicted)
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Getting Rid Of Puffiness And Circles Under The Eyes
How To Protect And Youthen Your Skin
Three Tricks For Curling Your Lashes
Miranda Mendoza: Copy the Cover Challenge
Megan Moore: Copy the Cover Challenge
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...