A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 302,586
Currently Running With Scissors:
491 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 425 426 [427] 428 429 ... 436
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 50 Projects 2012--Join here and post your lists !  (Read 522941 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Smeddley
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #4260 on: December 27, 2012 01:59:22 PM »

Man. I've been gone a long time.  I feel bad posting because I haven't kept up, but I want a complete record of my year.  Next year I'll do better, and be more organized, and and and and...  o.O

So to close out my list (since I doubt I'll get anything else done before the end of the year, I have too many things scheduled and too much cleaning to do, which is to say I'll be playing computer games when I am home...)

72. Pink Crown I made as a raffle item for Shimmy for the Cure

73/74 - More of those bracelets, red for a friend and an iridescent blue with an armadillo charm for me...

75-79 - Shimmy for the Cure costume.  I don't have any really good shots of this, sorry, but the I made several pieces - vest, skirt, bloomers, necklace, hip scarf, and hair clip.  

80 and 81 - Oh, hey, more bracelets.  Two multi-colored ones, gifts...

82, 83, 84, 85 - Harry Potter swap items.  Runes and bag, Cupcake Needlebook, Stitch Markers, and a Mandrake Painting.

86 - Yellow and grey dice bag (if you're thinking this looks a lot like the one I gave the stitch markers in, you're right.  I liked it so much I made another one for me!

87-89 Oh, hey, look, even MORE bracelets... two for me, the green one for a friend.

90-91 Another bellydance outfit, I made the lace top and altered the pants to have lace leg inserts and an attached lace hip scarf.

92 - Mini pirate hat

93 - Silver and purple Zill bag (gift)

94-95 - White and silver sparkle snowflakes - I don't have pictures of these, but they're the usual crocheted snowflakes.

96 - Black and White bracelet (two stranded, double wrap)

97 - Two polka dot shopping bags, gifts

98 - Red and Black Crown

99 - Blue Crown (someone actually requested one!)

100 - Cupcake Needlebook 2 - a friend saw the one I gave away in the swap, and really admired it, so I made another and gave it to her.  They really are two different ones!  Cheesy

I think that'll do me for the year.  I may want to re-think my counting for next year (seriously, I counted some bracelets separately, some in groups, and considered TWO rainbow skirts as one project...  there was no consistency to it!  I want to do this again next year, maybe by then I'll get my phone pictures to work so I can upload one or two here and there instead of all at once).

Well done, everyone, there are SO many projects I see that I want to do!  My list just keeps getting longer and longer...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
indigo_roses
« Reply #4261 on: December 27, 2012 02:18:16 PM »

I knit my first sock...it is being blocked...I hope to get the second sock done by January first to make it my final project for 2012! Cheesy

No future socks are in my list... Cheesy

Sad that your first sock didn't make you want to make more! What method did you use? If you used DPNs, I would definitely recommend trying magic loop, I think it's much less fiddly. Plus, there's also a method with that where you can knit 2 at once so you don't have to worry about not finishing the second one!

A slight bit of a story for these pictures... my daddy built me a spinning wheel for Christmas!!! He built one for my mom, too. Here he is playing with my mom's...

So of course, I had to play with my new toy on Christmas. This is .9 oz, 150 yards of natural alpaca. Most of it varies between lace and fingering, but there are a few chunkier spots. I stopped when I did because I still have some knitting presents to finish up, so I'm not allowed to play with my wheel anymore until they are done.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pinterest
50 in 2013 18/50

Taking a break from swapping to focus on crafting for myself, friends, and charity
ehinders
Crafting to avoid real work.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #4262 on: December 27, 2012 02:32:39 PM »

I've had the bulk of this done for awhile, but wanted to do more. I got a few more things done on it, but thought I would post it anyway.  I made a play kitchen for Maddy out of an old entertainment center.

Here's a close up of the "stove" and "sink"

I still need to put a faucet in there and make curtains for the window, but all in all, it turned out really cute I think.

I also made but have no pictures of:
a record bowl for my brother
a casserole cover for my MIL
and a vinyl wall cutout for my niece

That brings my posted total up to 40 posted projects! I have more that I need to post yet, so I'm hoping I can make it to the 50 before the end of the year. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
indigo_roses
« Reply #4263 on: December 27, 2012 06:32:56 PM »

That's awesome, ehinders! I'm sure Maddy will love it.

I just finished knitting some socks! These are for my cousin, who I picked in my extended family's secret santa gift exchange.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pinterest
50 in 2013 18/50

Taking a break from swapping to focus on crafting for myself, friends, and charity
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

« Reply #4264 on: December 27, 2012 06:40:11 PM »

oh smeddley--you are so lovely!  What a lot of beautiful and fun projects!  I love those bracelets...I had to stop making them...aren't they addicting? Cheesy

I would love to see your hip belt--it is the crochet with the tassels?  I want to make one but don't have a pattern... Sad

indigo_roses--your dad is awesome!!!  What a great gift for you!  I expect we will be seeing loads of spun yarn in 2013!

I actually love dpns and I also love circulars...I have the book on knitting two socks at a time...I am sure I will finish the other sock, but it is not my favorite thing to knit...we'll see! Wink

OK--gotta take some pics and get ready for final postings this weekend...

THIS ROCKS   Logged

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

« Reply #4265 on: December 27, 2012 06:51:12 PM »

Oh ehinders--I bet your child was thrilled!  I know I would be! Cheesy

You must repost when you get more done...I think it is fine because children have great imagination!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

waggonswest

« Reply #4266 on: December 27, 2012 07:51:03 PM »

Still working frantically.  Got one more quilty project on the finish pile. 

two more to finish binding and I will be done for the year. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://waggonswest.etsy.com
25/12,  14/13
57/50 in 2010, 53/50 in 2011, 85/50 in 2012 83/50 in 2013 link, 12/2014
4/14
Smeddley

« Reply #4267 on: December 27, 2012 08:53:47 PM »

oh smeddley--you are so lovely!  What a lot of beautiful and fun projects!  I love those bracelets...I had to stop making them...aren't they addicting? Cheesy

I would love to see your hip belt--it is the crochet with the tassels?  I want to make one but don't have a pattern... Sad

Awe, thanks!  And yes, those bracelets are SO addicting.  I have a few more to make (for people who have requested them) and then I'm telling myself I'm going cold turkey.

The pattern I used is a modification of a pattern I got for free on the internet.  I changed up the rows, and made a two-piece variant, as well.  The weird thing is she charges for the pattern now, so I don't know if I can share my version or not.  It's a weird situation.  But it started as the Josephine Hip Scarf.  It works up fairly quickly, unless you follow the actual directions and end up with something enormous - on the first one, I did it exactly as it said and ended up with a giant scarf (But I use it as a shawl, too, so it works out).
THIS ROCKS   Logged
underthemountain
Tutorial Contributor

This Shall Be For Music

« Reply #4268 on: December 28, 2012 06:22:27 AM »

Wow!  I am loving everything!!  pac man blanket, spinning wheel, beautiful cards, socks, crowns....just WOW!!

I wanted to share a pic of Lana decorating her sugar cookies this year (I helped make the cookies and if I count each one I'll have made it to 5o!!  LOL!).  The set of piping tools really made it fun and easy!  This time we only made enough to share with Santa and my brother, but next year we'll make a really huge batch and invite her friends to come to decorate them!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Hi! I'm looking for a spinner to transform my awesome fiber into yarn for me....have some fantastic jewelry and commercially purchased fiber for trade. my etsy
Live aloha
mama24boyz

AND1GIRL!!

« Reply #4269 on: December 28, 2012 06:24:15 AM »

She made some beautifully colourful cookies there!!  I love the look of concentration on her face  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I absolutely love love quilts, do you think an afghan is a fair trade for a quilt? I'd love to swap!
Etsy
Pinterest
Mamas Creations on Facebook
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 425 426 [427] 428 429 ... 436 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Use the Lasso Tool in Adobe Photoshop CS3
How to Use the Double Life of Selections in Adobe Photoshop CS3
How to Utilize the Selection Tool in Adobe Photoshop CS3
How to Make Selections Quickly and Accurately in Adobe Photoshop CS3
How to Modify a Mask in Adobe Photoshop CS3
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...