A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 296,698
Currently Running With Scissors:
515 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 423 424 [425] 426 427 ... 436
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 50 Projects 2012--Join here and post your lists !  (Read 528644 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

indigo_roses
« Reply #4240 on: December 24, 2012 07:00:20 AM »

Wow, good luck finishing everything!

I'm done with everything I need for the 25th, but I still have a list for some post-holiday get togethers.
- socks
- scarf
- mittens
- ornament
- fingerless gloves
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pinterest
50 in 2013 18/50

Taking a break from swapping to focus on crafting for myself, friends, and charity
Ffrogg526
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Stitches in the Musical Weave

I can do that... I think.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #4241 on: December 24, 2012 09:40:20 PM »

So - upon looking at my list of finished projects and started projects, etc...  I have come to the conclusion that if I hadn't had to take 3 months off with wrist surgery, I would have completed 50 projects.  So...  maybe next year.  Smiley  I thought about starting my list tonight but I'm tired and the world is trying to beat me up right now.  Maybe tomorrow in between paper macheing MORE mushroom stems.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rottenlittleboys

Inspiration without application is moot.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4242 on: December 25, 2012 02:35:10 PM »

I've wracked my brain and I figure I am forgetting a few things that I've managed to get made this year. But as for right now at this moment, I stand at 26 finished projects.

Wish I had a working camera still, but that is just not a top level concern at this moment.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SilverMoon

Rainbow IS a colour!

Probably erring on the wrong side of crazy

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #4243 on: December 25, 2012 03:25:55 PM »

Finished it at 11pm (with 15 hours to spare! lol) but it took me until 12:40am to mount the jolly thing. Not having time (or the iron) to iron out the creases makes me sad though.
Can't wait to give it to her this afternoon! The church and the sky swirl are done with metallic embroidery floss, though it may be hard to see. All done with 6 strands held together. 6 strands of metallic was a nightmare, especially since I've never really done any embroidery other than TM patches. The image size is 16" by 12" - though it's not all embroidered! Just the moon, TARDIS, and detail on the trees, church, the silver star near the trees at the bottom (also metallic) and the sky swirl. Since I only started it a few days ago, I'm happy with my efforts.

Oh yeah. and I only had a 3" hoop to hold it while I stitched. Lips sealed
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sheepBlue

Crafting to keep insanity at bay.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4244 on: December 25, 2012 03:31:50 PM »

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

Silvermoon, I am shocked and amazed at what you can do with a small amount of time, and you're new at embroidery?Huh Again shocked! It's brillant!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SilverMoon

Rainbow IS a colour!

« Reply #4245 on: December 25, 2012 04:08:13 PM »

Silvermoon, I am shocked and amazed at what you can do with a small amount of time, and you're new at embroidery?Huh Again shocked! It's brillant!!

Embarrassed Naw shucks. Coming from you, that means a lot.

It's not really a short amount of time - I was up until 1am three nights, and took it with me on the hour drive each way to Christmas lunch with the in-laws.
Also, since I was using the Spoonflower print, I just followed the brush strokes on the print, so it was easier than having to decide where each stitch went.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

fantasticmio
Tutorial Contributor

Yarn Hacker

Smells like chicken!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4246 on: December 25, 2012 04:16:01 PM »

I finished my last Christmas gift last night.  Hooray!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

SilverMoon

Rainbow IS a colour!

« Reply #4247 on: December 25, 2012 04:40:53 PM »

I finished my last Christmas gift last night.  Hooray!

That is one lucky friend/relative!  Shocked
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mellybelly81
my handmade dream

I'll have that... I might be able to use it!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4248 on: December 25, 2012 07:10:14 PM »

love the embroidery silvermoon! I have cross stitched for years but am scared to dive into embroidery... You are so inspiring to just dive in!

So Christmas is over in Australia and here are (most of) the gifts I made in the sewing and baking marathon of december 24! In no particular order...

Set of customised tea towels for my sister and BIL to go with a curry cookbook.

our Christmas tree on Christmas morning with DS's Santa sack on the right. It's a little bigger than I planned because I forgot to allow for the red trim, so the green part is the size I was going to make. I thought of shortening it but it worked out well because little kids toys seem to come in stupidly big packages.

mug rugs for my teenage cousins. The mushrooms are for a girl and the green one is for a boy. I don't have too many masculine fabrics thus the piecing.

two of the eight boxes of choc chip cookies. I didn't get a pic of all the cookies before packaging because it was a rush to get it all done before DS got home from day care! But I got 30-odd gluten free cookies (out of a recipe that said it made 18) and because I didn't think I'd have enough in that batch to fill all boxes I made a non-gluten free batch. So I now have a LOT of cookie dough in the fridge that I need to freeze because there's no way I'm even thinking about turning on the oven in the next week - they are forecasting a week of about 38-39C (about 100F I think)..

this set is for my great aunty and uncle. It's hard to see the pattern (I'll try and get a close up of the fabric) but its a tiny pink and green floral. Their living area is pink, green and blue floral so I thought it would go well. I backed one with a pink and the other a green.

for another aunty and uncle

for another aunty and uncle. I bought a scrap bag from one of the online fabric shops I use and these two pieces were just a little too narrow, so I had to add a piece.

I have been making a quilt for my cousin's son for ages (it WILL be finished in Jan!) and since they like dr seuss then I used scraps to make their mug rugs. They were a huge pain though, so I will utilise triangle scraps some other way!

I also made bunting for my nephew and cousin's son using scraps from their respective quilts (the animals and dr seuss) as well as some suitcase handle covers for my parents. I will try and get some pics of those to post.

I wasn't sure how to count all of these mug rugs, so I think I will count each set as one item. Some were a lot more work than others, some being pieced and others not, but I couldn't count them all as one!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 projects in 2013 - 6/50
13 quilts in 2013 - 0/13
Destash-along

http://pinterest.com/myhandmadedream/

Looking for teal/turquoise/aqua, grey and white (or a combo) fabric for a quilt.

My son loves Peppa Pig's brother George and Raa Raa the noisy lion.
cursive_queen
« Reply #4249 on: December 25, 2012 07:22:31 PM »

AWesome stuff guys!

I am in love with that Starty night/Doctor Who embroidery!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 423 424 [425] 426 427 ... 436 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Classic Gin Martini Recipe
The Perfect Recipe For Stuffing, From Trisha Yearwood
My Favorite Christmas Dinner, Trisha Yearwood
How to Make Orange Cranberry Muffins
Eggnog Monte Cristos: Outside the Box
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...