A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 298,051
Currently Running With Scissors:
533 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 407 408 [409] 410 411 ... 436
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 50 Projects 2012--Join here and post your lists !  (Read 565838 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #4080 on: December 07, 2012 09:20:05 AM »

thanks!  I had no idea that I picked the exact shade of green as her area rug in her new home! Cheesy

It is a wall quilt, about 2x3 feet...I am making a few that I hope to have done before Christmas! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

meleriffic
Global Moderator
Clothing Moderator
Toys, Dolls, & Playthings Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4081 on: December 07, 2012 10:48:39 AM »

I've never blocked anything that I've crocheted. But I don't think I've ever crocheted anything that needed to be blocked. I'm sure it's the same as when you block for knitting though. Google it and I'm sure you could find a tutorial.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Make all things!!

« Reply #4082 on: December 07, 2012 11:06:02 AM »

Blocking helps lock in the shape of wools, which when stretched, often do not spring back into shape...you usually block to keep a design, like for lace knits, or patterns...or to adjust the fit...

I block anything made from wool or wool blends.  There are some great tutorials showing you how to do this even if you have a small space.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jillybeans
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #4083 on: December 07, 2012 11:20:54 AM »

Allright, people!  Incoming cuff bracelets!  Right after my hubby made my bead loom for my birthday in September, I went a little bit cuff bracelet crazy!  It was a great way to destash my huge bead collection, and an excuse to buy new beads, which I LOVE.  So for the most part, these were made in September.  I started off with a different way of doing the enclosures, with consisted of a loop with a knot.  You will see that in most of them.  Then I figured out a new way to make them, and they look much prettier.  They have a beaded loop now, and it makes the bracelet much easier to get on and off.  I only make them like that now.  I didn't like the bulkiness of the knot, though my sister didn't mind it so much.  Anyway, enough rambling, here they are!

And then yesterday was shirt-a-paloosa!  I got 5 stenciled shirts done for Christmas, 4 of which were for my hubby.  But the wasn't home, so it was the perfect time to get 'em done. 

This one my hubby has been asking for for like forever.  He will finally be getting it for X-mas!

Didn't come out as crisp as I wanted, but its still ok.

This one I was super excited to do, because both hubby and I love Trigun.  For the most part, I like it, but when I was pulling up the stencil it smeared a little bit here and there.  To try to cover it up, I added some random dots, as if to say, no I meant to do that, for realzies! 

My hubby's brother didn't get the reference for this, but hubby will get it.  We both haven't played Skyrim, but we are up on the "arrow to the knee" reference.  In the game the guards claim that they use to be a hero like you, but took an arrow to the knee.  Apparently, arrows to the knees is quite the epidemic in that game.  Consequently, there are many meme's about it.  Hubby loves him some memes.  So, I saw this star wars one yesterday and knew he needed it!  I find it quite funny, and if you couldn't tell, we are huge nerds.  ^_^

My dad is a huge Big Bang fan, so I made him a Bazinga shirt.

There will be more shirts to come.  I'm gonna make Ethan another Trigun shirt, and I have a couple more shirts for dad that I want to make.  So, expect more from me soon!  ^_^
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest

I've moved in May 2013!  Contact me for my new address!
indigo_roses
« Reply #4084 on: December 07, 2012 11:36:32 AM »

always, I love the shades of red and green you used! I have to ask though, where's the awesome wreath I saw in the other thread?

for the little sweater, I used a size 1 circular needle. I love me some magic loop! dpns are pointy and annoying, too many things to keep track of!

I'm hoping to be productive this weekend and whip out two sets of cards, two batches of biscotti, and at least 4 inches on my sister's fingerless glove. We'll see how it goes!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pinterest
50 in 2013 18/50

Taking a break from swapping to focus on crafting for myself, friends, and charity
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Make all things!!

« Reply #4085 on: December 07, 2012 11:53:58 AM »

Love the shower of beaded bracelets!  I made a bunch for friends but ended up with none for myself!!  Maybe after the holidays I will bug you about your closure...I did not like the knot either!

Indigo--this is going to be a big baking weekend for me since hubs is visiting his male cousins in New Jersey!  I want to try your biscotti---hmmmm....I am making pineapple-banana bread, Christmas crack, peppermint bark, and sand tarts--holy cow--walnuts were $7.99 for a bag of shelled!!!

ha--thanks-I forgot to upload the pics of the wreath...and the other things I made for that swap...this weekend!

also, I am starting an interesting knitting/crochet along in January that you might be interested in...

Craft the Weather:
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=417653.msg4941567#msg4941567
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Eclectic Dreamer

There's power in an unwritten page.

View Profile
« Reply #4086 on: December 07, 2012 03:22:07 PM »

alwaysinmyroom: if you can view my pics from my profile: I have photo's there. Or I can share when my partner gets her package. I don't sell (yet) but do spin for craft swaps. I think... I'm going to be a spinner. Don't seem too interested in doing anything WITH it... but it's super fun to dye and spin the wool. I tend to do super fine. So far I don't do any large amounts... I have a drop spindle so do as much as my spindle will hold.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.etsy.com/people/ShahanaKhan/favorites
http://pinterest.com/3pomegranates

Writing Magic - NaNoWriMo 2013 Swap: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=426706.0#axzz2cCRJhOrK

My new motto/mantra: "Eat. Rest. Be well of heart. Keep breathing."
meleriffic
Global Moderator
Clothing Moderator
Toys, Dolls, & Playthings Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4087 on: December 07, 2012 05:10:37 PM »

jillybeans- I love the Trigun shirt
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
mellybelly81
my handmade dream

I'll have that... I might be able to use it!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4088 on: December 07, 2012 11:31:13 PM »

thanks for the blocking tips.

Love those tees, i was quite happy with my first stencil so i may have to try some multicoloured ones, you've inspired me. And all those bracelets looks awesome.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 projects in 2013 - 6/50
13 quilts in 2013 - 0/13
Destash-along

http://pinterest.com/myhandmadedream/

Looking for teal/turquoise/aqua, grey and white (or a combo) fabric for a quilt.

My son loves Peppa Pig's brother George and Raa Raa the noisy lion.
vampedangel14

Easily craftstracted!

« Reply #4089 on: December 08, 2012 01:17:28 PM »

The other week I finally finished the baby blanket I have been working off and on since this summer. It's not too big, measures about 18.5in across. My first time crocheting a flat circle. A bit wavy but I'm happy with how it turned out.

100_0385 by Lucky XIII, on Flickr

This is a knit headband/earwarmer done in the Organ Pipes pattern.

100_0383 by Lucky XIII, on Flickr

Just updated my list and I have a sad 14 projects. I am currently working on knitting my first pair of socks. Hopefully will have those added to my list soon.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2012 01:26:14 PM by vampedangel14 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 407 408 [409] 410 411 ... 436 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to make Roast Pork 1-2-3
How to make Cod With Oranges 1-2-3
How to Make Sautéed Peaches with Chardonnay Vanilla Syrup
How to Make Lemon Pancakes
How to Make a Pot Luck Cheese Platter
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Pea, Potato, Leek, Mint Soup
@Home This Weekend: Create a Spooky Yard
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: Featured Artist Katrina Polacek

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...