A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 307,603
Currently Running With Scissors:
433 Guests and 4 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 405 406 [407] 408 409 ... 434
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 50 Projects 2012--Join here and post your lists !  (Read 912833 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Eclectic Dreamer

There's power in an unwritten page.

View Profile
« Reply #4060 on: December 06, 2012 06:36:39 PM »

OMG!! "Embrace the Bush".... "Pocket Jareth"..."Porthole Shadowbox"... these are my favorites. I want all of them lol.

I need to figure out what all I've done. My original list of 50 hasn't gotten very far... but I've done TONS of stuff for craft swaps. Heck... I just mailed off... I can think of 10 distinct items (hand spun/dyed wool I'm counting as one, though I had probably 12 different mixes). There's probably more, I'd have to go through and count what's in the photos.

10 stand alone items: 12 spun fibers in various fibers, dyes, etc. so 22 total.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2012 06:40:39 PM by Eclectic Dreamer » THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.etsy.com/people/ShahanaKhan/favorites
http://pinterest.com/3pomegranates

Writing Magic - NaNoWriMo 2013 Swap: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=426706.0#axzz2cCRJhOrK

My new motto/mantra: "Eat. Rest. Be well of heart. Keep breathing."
mellybelly81
my handmade dream

I'll have that... I might be able to use it!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4061 on: December 06, 2012 08:34:06 PM »

I have been going through my list and working out how many things I have actually acheived this year and I am up to 28 I believe! Makes me feel muvh more productive having actually kept count. I still have to dig up a few pics which I think DH took on his phone, but here's a quilt that I posted on the quiltalong thread but don't think I put up here. (Sorry if I did, but I couldn't see it in my post listing).

I had this in my mind to make before my nephew was born and have had the fabric since not long after he was... he's two in January!  Embarrassed
Here's one side

and the other

It was never intended to be double sided, but when I chose the fabric I already had the pattern in mind and I had to get the panel, so it became what it is! Took me forever to do, as I procrastinated, had no sewing space for a time and at one point I admit I did just "forget" it because it was annoying me! I think it's about 48" square.

I also have some things for a personal swap that I will post once I have sent and they have been received.

And finally, a question for crocheters (if that's the correct term?), when blocking something using just water, how long do you leave it pinned out and does it matter if the water is cold/warm?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 projects in 2013 - 6/50
13 quilts in 2013 - 0/13
Destash-along

http://pinterest.com/myhandmadedream/

Looking for teal/turquoise/aqua, grey and white (or a combo) fabric for a quilt.

My son loves Peppa Pig's brother George and Raa Raa the noisy lion.
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Make All Things, especially from stash

Need Pink Floyd stamps for hubby! Will Swap!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #4062 on: December 06, 2012 09:04:57 PM »

I know for knitting, you can only block non-acrylic...and it is done when the wool is dry. Cheesy

Love your quilt!

indigo--cute little ornaments!  Love the teeny knitted sweater!!  What size needles did you use?  The smallest I have is 0 dpns.

eclecticdreamer...would love to see some of your spun stuff...do you sell it or do personal swaps? Cheesy

QNM--that is a gorgeous hoop...I would also love to learn needlepunch...I have the supplies...just need to jump in, I guess.

I made a few cupcake liner trees...easy and fast...and so many liners now on sale!

Tree quilt made for Limeriot:

Notecards made for Limeriot:
« Last Edit: December 07, 2012 07:25:17 AM by alwaysinmyroom » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Abbeeroad
Tutorial Contributor

All you need is love.

« Reply #4063 on: December 07, 2012 07:29:42 AM »

mellybelly81 - what an adorable quilt!!!

always - I absolutely love that tree quilt and the cards. Great color combo and wonderfully executed. I love them!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jillybeans
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #4064 on: December 07, 2012 08:51:42 AM »

Omg, that tree wall hanging is so beautiful, always!  Definitely suits Lime, for sure!

Beautiful quilt, mellybelly!

I'm currently uploading pictures, so be prepared for a bombardment of pictures soon!  ^_^  I was very productive yesterday!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest

I'm so crafty, I make babies!  Baby Bean 2.0 born 6/1/16
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

« Reply #4065 on: December 07, 2012 09:20:05 AM »

thanks!  I had no idea that I picked the exact shade of green as her area rug in her new home! Cheesy

It is a wall quilt, about 2x3 feet...I am making a few that I hope to have done before Christmas! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

meleriffic
Global Moderator
Clothing Moderator
Toys, Dolls, & Playthings Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4066 on: December 07, 2012 10:48:39 AM »

I've never blocked anything that I've crocheted. But I don't think I've ever crocheted anything that needed to be blocked. I'm sure it's the same as when you block for knitting though. Google it and I'm sure you could find a tutorial.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

« Reply #4067 on: December 07, 2012 11:06:02 AM »

Blocking helps lock in the shape of wools, which when stretched, often do not spring back into shape...you usually block to keep a design, like for lace knits, or patterns...or to adjust the fit...

I block anything made from wool or wool blends.  There are some great tutorials showing you how to do this even if you have a small space.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jillybeans
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #4068 on: December 07, 2012 11:20:54 AM »

Allright, people!  Incoming cuff bracelets!  Right after my hubby made my bead loom for my birthday in September, I went a little bit cuff bracelet crazy!  It was a great way to destash my huge bead collection, and an excuse to buy new beads, which I LOVE.  So for the most part, these were made in September.  I started off with a different way of doing the enclosures, with consisted of a loop with a knot.  You will see that in most of them.  Then I figured out a new way to make them, and they look much prettier.  They have a beaded loop now, and it makes the bracelet much easier to get on and off.  I only make them like that now.  I didn't like the bulkiness of the knot, though my sister didn't mind it so much.  Anyway, enough rambling, here they are!

And then yesterday was shirt-a-paloosa!  I got 5 stenciled shirts done for Christmas, 4 of which were for my hubby.  But the wasn't home, so it was the perfect time to get 'em done. 

This one my hubby has been asking for for like forever.  He will finally be getting it for X-mas!

Didn't come out as crisp as I wanted, but its still ok.

This one I was super excited to do, because both hubby and I love Trigun.  For the most part, I like it, but when I was pulling up the stencil it smeared a little bit here and there.  To try to cover it up, I added some random dots, as if to say, no I meant to do that, for realzies! 

My hubby's brother didn't get the reference for this, but hubby will get it.  We both haven't played Skyrim, but we are up on the "arrow to the knee" reference.  In the game the guards claim that they use to be a hero like you, but took an arrow to the knee.  Apparently, arrows to the knees is quite the epidemic in that game.  Consequently, there are many meme's about it.  Hubby loves him some memes.  So, I saw this star wars one yesterday and knew he needed it!  I find it quite funny, and if you couldn't tell, we are huge nerds.  ^_^

My dad is a huge Big Bang fan, so I made him a Bazinga shirt.

There will be more shirts to come.  I'm gonna make Ethan another Trigun shirt, and I have a couple more shirts for dad that I want to make.  So, expect more from me soon!  ^_^
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest

I'm so crafty, I make babies!  Baby Bean 2.0 born 6/1/16
indigo_roses
« Reply #4069 on: December 07, 2012 11:36:32 AM »

always, I love the shades of red and green you used! I have to ask though, where's the awesome wreath I saw in the other thread?

for the little sweater, I used a size 1 circular needle. I love me some magic loop! dpns are pointy and annoying, too many things to keep track of!

I'm hoping to be productive this weekend and whip out two sets of cards, two batches of biscotti, and at least 4 inches on my sister's fingerless glove. We'll see how it goes!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pinterest
50 in 2013 18/50

Taking a break from swapping to focus on crafting for myself, friends, and charity
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 405 406 [407] 408 409 ... 434 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide 2016: The Roaming Gnome
@Home This Weekend: Welcoming Door Decor
Trim the Tree: Crafty Ornaments for the Holiday Season

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...