A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 297,050
Currently Running With Scissors:
425 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 403 404 [405] 406 407 ... 436
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 50 Projects 2012--Join here and post your lists !  (Read 538426 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #4040 on: December 03, 2012 02:14:16 PM »

thanks...I hope I did not offend anyone...it is an inside joke but it is also some wicked embroidery stitching! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 Projects in 2014 101/150 ?
PINTEREST
Will swap for art
mama24boyz

AND1GIRL!!

« Reply #4041 on: December 03, 2012 05:39:06 PM »

Heehee, that is an AWESOME embroidery!!  I love the unicorn one too jilly!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I absolutely love love quilts, do you think an afghan is a fair trade for a quilt? I'd love to swap!
Etsy
Pinterest
Mamas Creations on Facebook
yofi
« Reply #4042 on: December 03, 2012 06:24:38 PM »

Woo-hoo!  Such a bounty of creativity!  I need to schedule a whole weekend just to catch up with this past month!

Ive been having troubles with my computer at work, and since I dont have one at home, Ive been unable to post.  Ive tried to keep a rough list of what Ive been doing, but I know there are a lot of things Im forgetting.  (It was an especially busy cooking and preserving season!)

39. Greek yogurt.  I got into making yogurt in a big way, and have settled into a routine of making it more or less every other week.  I joke that I make Danish-Greek yogurt, since I use a pint of cream in each batch.  When I drain the finished product I save the whey for sourdough bread, and set aside some of  yogurt at the watery stage, for cooking and smoothies.  I let the rest drain a bit longer for the Greek style thickness and make up several 8 oz canning jars to take to work for snacks, with a spoonful of jam in the bottom of the jar.  Then I let a little bit drain even longer, and mixed it with dill weed or other spices, for a labneh style spread.  I got started this summer with a little bit of plain Chobani as a starter, then Ive simply used some of my own to start the next batch.  I luv it.

40. Yet another Scrappy blanket.

My younger sister asked for a Scrappy in Highland colours, which I took to mean blues and greens.  It was a lot of fun, and I finally finished lining a blanket in something close to our mothers familys tartan.  She says its super warm.

41. Decorated chocolate skulls

I had images of my niece and I producing delightful Day of the Dead style decorated candies, but none of the frosting pens, paste color or icing seemed to stick to the chocolates.  We made do with what we had.  The big skulls were over half a pound of chocolate, so I made them hollow.  I think my sister had some concern when I texted her and asked if she could bring over something like marshmallow fluff to stuff inside a giant red chocolate skull.  And who knew you could buy lime green chocolate disks?

42. Bella mitts

I had a lot of fun (and learned a lot!) on the redeem yourself swap.  My partner said she wanted a pair of Bellas gloves as seen in the Twilight movie, and I was thrilled to find a free pattern posted on Ravelry. (http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/bellas-mittens)  I had some great alpaca/merino yarn, but Ill admit I groaned when I saw the pattern started out by casting on with the magic loop technique.  Ive failed to understand that for years, but with the pressure of a redemption deadline, I finally got it.  And she got the mitts!

43. Fancy apron

My partner also requested a full length apron.  I was imagining something pretty straight and boxy, but when I asked her to give me some examples, she liked the fancier specimens.  So for the first time, I got a pattern and actually followed it!  (My sewing efforts have been limited to curtains and pillows.)

44. Heart-shaped little purse.

Im sure Ive put a zipper on something, at some point.  But I was pretty vague about it.  Still, I managed a pretty credible little lined purse that looked just like the picture my partner had found on pinterest - in the same fabric as the apron.

45. Thanksgiving turkey and sweet potato pie
No pictures, but I can testify that nobody died.  Which was a great relief, since it was a 20 pound turkey, which I brined indifferently with citrus and onions then transported 90 miles away for cooking.  The sweet potato pie, which I make every year, obligingly turned out great.  I had extra filling, so I poured it in several little ramekins and baked on the side.  Giving me lots of little crust-free snacks for the following week.

46. Serenity blanket

I had printed out this pattern from Ravelry (http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/serenity-2) some time ago, and I started it almost on a whim, to use up a one pound skein of grape colored Caron yarn.  Some whim, but I really liked the final project and it fetched a good price for a friends charity fundraiser. Next time I make it (and Im sure there will be a next time!)  Ill use thinner yarn or bigger needles some of the stitch definition in the center got lost I think, and you cant block acrylic.

47. Simon Tams Pidge

Amazingly, despite being a big fan of the short-lived, long-defunct TV series Firefly  I didnt make the connection between the Serenity blanket and the show until I found a Firefly/Serenity craft-along on Ravelry.  It got me thinking what other knitwear might the cast wear?  This is the first completed; a pidge (http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/my-so-called-pidge)  for the elegant, socially awkward, fish-out-of water physician from the show.  And Ive got more ideas for the rest of the cast in the works

48. Wild Berries Beret (with apologies to Prince)

I bought a large skein of JoAnns Rainbow Classic yarn in the delightfully named Mixed Berries pathway.  Then I had to do something with it.  While Im very pleased with this slouchy hat, it barely made a dent in the yarn.  Any ideas for the remaining three miles of yarn?

49. Bead and hex nut bracelets
My niece and I sat down to make some bracelets the day after Thanksgiving.  (What else are you going to do in-between eating plates of leftover?)  I brought beads, cord, hemp string, leather laces, and several boxes of hex nuts, but I think she lost interest after the first one.  I, on the other hand, had a ball.  I wish Id thought to take a picture of all of them together because the bulk of them went to my friends charity auction and were snapped up.  I was thinking of calling it Hardware for Haitian Relief..

and one for me, with a very satisfying heft to it!

« Last Edit: December 03, 2012 06:28:30 PM by yofi » THIS ROCKS   Logged
SilverMoon

Rainbow IS a colour!

Probably erring on the wrong side of crazy

« Reply #4043 on: December 03, 2012 09:39:50 PM »

Hee hee, love that embroidery Always!

And love that chandelier from hula hoop and fairy lights too! I have had that pinned for ages, but I have to wait till our deck's roof is fixed and doesn't leak, before I can make one - yours looks great though!

In the interests of bandwidth, I'm not going to post pictures of projects 84-102, but here is number 100 - my pocket sized Jareth Smiley

And I promise to try and keep up with posting pictures again. It was just two markets back to back and the order of 30 Happy Pills that threw me off balance.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Make all things!!

« Reply #4044 on: December 04, 2012 06:16:03 AM »

Silvermoon--I guess I will just have to go to your page to see your projects!!  WOW! 84-102...congrats!

Yofi--I am so glad to see you back and with all of your knitting!  You made some really nice things for your partner in the FOC swap!  I love using the magic loop--I use it now for socks, gloves and anything round! 

Your scrappy knit blanket is wonderful!  I hope to restart that craftalong next year...learning new knit stitches is a goal of mine.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

PINTEREST
Will swap for art
cinnamon teal
« Reply #4045 on: December 04, 2012 09:23:15 AM »

Update on my Christmas to do list:

1. make CHRISTMAS POSTCARDS done!

2. make CARAMELS for friends, neighbors, and coworkers - this weekend
3. THROW 13 MUGS For family done
4. DECORATE 13 MUGS - 8 down. decorating last 5 today.
5. make chocolate dipped shortbread COOKIES to fill 8 of the mugs
6. figure out something for 2 nieces and 1 nephew buying gifts instead
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Make all things!!

« Reply #4046 on: December 04, 2012 11:26:39 AM »

Good idea...

December

1. Hats for niece #1-done, hubby, and new baby
2. Scarf for office gift exchange--Dec, 14 deadline
3. Cookies for Cookie Party--Dec. 22--need 10 dozen!
4. Fingerless mitts (red) for gift-WIP
5. barstool covers
6. curtains for basement family room
THIS ROCKS   Logged

PINTEREST
Will swap for art
waggonswest

« Reply #4047 on: December 04, 2012 11:37:00 AM »

OK,  I'll try.  But putting things on the list seems to doom them forever for me.

2 cardinal pillows
3 snowman pillows
finish Bama binding
quilt and finish ribbon quilt
bind stacked coins quilt
FMQ practice piece
wine badges
beer badges
tourist badges
finish wreaths
DECORATE
Start baking!

Oh, this is depressing.  --c
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://waggonswest.etsy.com
25/12,  14/13
57/50 in 2010, 53/50 in 2011, 85/50 in 2012 83/50 in 2013 link, 12/2014
4/14
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Make all things!!

« Reply #4048 on: December 04, 2012 12:00:38 PM »

no no--a list keeps your focused!  I get more anxiety not knowing where to start or what to do! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

PINTEREST
Will swap for art
yofi
« Reply #4049 on: December 04, 2012 12:10:02 PM »

Lists *are* good -- unfortunately I keep adding things to the list, nd I'm running out of month.  Here's what I *know* I need to do:

Finish SIL's sock yarn blanket and line it
Finish Tsarina hat
Sew posse of stuffed animals from felted sweaters
3 short scarves
3 bead bracelets
2 shrugs -- this may be overly ambitious
cat toys for 6 cats (you can always count on felt and catnip!)
cat bed
cookie plates (9 houses and counting.....)

.....  Can I get an extension on Christmas?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 403 404 [405] 406 407 ... 436 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Derek Haas on What Makes Hollywood Nervous
The Importance of Creative Collaboration
How to Write Scripts in Hollywood
The State of American Screenwriting
How Film Contributed to the American Identity
Latest Blog Articles
August 20, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt
More Great Crafts Using Cardboard Tubes

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...