A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 296,738
Currently Running With Scissors:
573 Guests and 30 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 399 400 [401] 402 403 ... 436
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 50 Projects 2012--Join here and post your lists !  (Read 529723 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

cinnamon teal
« Reply #4000 on: November 28, 2012 02:25:28 PM »

Oh wow, cinnamon!  I'm loving the mugs!  I so want to try your paper snowflakes as stencil technique!  Did you glaze the white first and then the blue?

Go for it! All the color was with underglaze on leather hard clay. (I used a white clay this time.) I misted the mug with a spray bottle to get it damp and then stuck the snowflake on. Then I added the underglaze. Then you want to let if dry for a bit before peeling off the stencil. After bisque firing, I glazed them with a plain old clear glaze.

Have you been making any pottery lately? I'd love to see it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

indigo_roses
« Reply #4001 on: November 28, 2012 02:26:15 PM »

wow cinnamon, those mugs are great! You're really making me want to start saving to take another class. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pinterest
50 in 2013 18/50

Taking a break from swapping to focus on crafting for myself, friends, and charity
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #4002 on: November 28, 2012 02:42:02 PM »

oh k-star--the afghan is beautiful...what a lovely thing your friends did for you...a nice reminder of friendship...

Your first dream catcher is also lovely!

And, what a cute dotee!  I love that it is a kitty!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ffrogg526

Stitches in the Musical Weave

I can do that... I think.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #4003 on: November 28, 2012 03:22:03 PM »

Cinnamon teal....  I seriously want to be adopted into your family just so I can get a handthrown mug!  Cheesy  Those a GREAT!  I have an ever-growing collection of handmade coffee mugs.  Roll Eyes

I've finished 1 stocking, the outside of the second, a crocheted shrug and started a shrug for myself.  Need to work on the sweater some more too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jillybeans
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #4004 on: November 28, 2012 03:25:13 PM »

Oh wow, cinnamon!  I'm loving the mugs!  I so want to try your paper snowflakes as stencil technique!  Did you glaze the white first and then the blue?

Go for it! All the color was with underglaze on leather hard clay. (I used a white clay this time.) I misted the mug with a spray bottle to get it damp and then stuck the snowflake on. Then I added the underglaze. Then you want to let if dry for a bit before peeling off the stencil. After bisque firing, I glazed them with a plain old clear glaze.

Have you been making any pottery lately? I'd love to see it!

My class has been over but I've been slowly finishing up the stuff that I had done during the class.  I have a bowl, mug, and a bunch of buttons left to glaze and then I'm done until I can afford to take another class, hopefully next year.  But, I do have one bowl and some buttons that are done that I can post.  I don't have pictures of the bowl yet, but here are the buttons so far all in the same glaze, creeping blue.  I have some green ones that I glazed and need to pick up, hopefully tomorrow.

Underglazes kinda scare me, but only because I haven't played with them at all yet.  There are some studio ones that I can use, but haven't felt brave enough or confident enough to try 'em out.  Perhaps next round!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest

I've moved in May 2013!  Contact me for my new address!
jillybeans
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #4005 on: November 28, 2012 03:36:46 PM »

I just realized a had a few more things I can share!  Bookmarks!  I made these for the STS, and I haven't posted 'em here yet!  Silly me!  I have a bunch more to share once I get 'em uploaded.  ^_^

Yay bookmarks!  I lamenated each with contact paper, so they would be water resistant and last longer.  Didn't want those watercolors to bleed!  They are much bigger size than the ATCs I'm use to doing.  But I'm rather proud of them!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest

I've moved in May 2013!  Contact me for my new address!
cinnamon teal
« Reply #4006 on: November 28, 2012 07:11:13 PM »

Jilly, you've got skillz! The bookmarks are great but I really love the buttons. What a great idea!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

« Reply #4007 on: November 29, 2012 06:46:51 AM »

love the buttons...they would look terrific on a handknit sweater...or a purse...or...lots of things!  Beautiful work, jillybeans!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ehinders
Crafting to avoid real work.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #4008 on: November 29, 2012 07:41:41 AM »

love those buttons! I'm super impressed by ceramic work. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
AlishaMisha
Hi-ho, hi-ho, it's off to Epcot I go!

Tomorrowland Transit Authority Active Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4009 on: November 29, 2012 08:36:48 AM »

How would you guys count carved stamps? I have done about 36 in the past couple of months and I just have no idea how to go about it. Some take a while, some are on the quicker side. Sometimes I just blitz through them while watching tv/movies and other times I do just a few.

AlishaMisha: The sushi is adorable! And I'm fascinated by the concept of Travel Bugs. Must go research.
Thanks  Smiley If for what ever reason you get into geocaching and use Travel Bugs, they are really fun. I have a B-1 Battle Droid from Star Wars in Connecticut right now, the fortune cookie is in Maine still but traveled New England. I have a BIG Jabba the Hutt whom I dropped off on an access-by-boat-only island. He is hard to find a cache to drop in so it is interesting where people find a place for him. He started in NH and ended up in vermont after a brief visit in Quebec, Canada. I have various other trackables like geocoins and such, but one of my favorites is my car. I have a Travel Bug on it so people can "discover" it out in the real world or at events.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 399 400 [401] 402 403 ... 436 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Homemade Halloween Costumes
Basic Tips for Operating a Monster Puppet
How to Make Plant Markers Out of Spoons
Capri Style Table Decoration
How to Dress Your Table with Bread and Nuts
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...