A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 308,220
Currently Running With Scissors:
320 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 381 382 [383] 384 385 ... 434
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 50 Projects 2012--Join here and post your lists !  (Read 878598 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Make All Things, especially from stash

Need Pink Floyd stamps for hubby! Will Swap!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #3820 on: October 08, 2012 12:26:25 PM »

Anybody wanting to get back into the swapping scene--we believe in redemption for talented whackos that might have lost it in a swap or two! Cheesy

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=415230.msg4909452#msg4909452
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SilverMoon
Rainbow IS a colour!

Probably erring on the wrong side of crazy

« Reply #3821 on: October 08, 2012 02:40:47 PM »

Anybody wanting to get back into the swapping scene--we believe in redemption for talented whackos that might have lost it in a swap or two! Cheesy

I was just looking at that, but I feel weird putting my hand up for "free stuff" when I don't craft in turn for my partner. Undecided Especially hand crafted goodies. Promotional things from big business I have no problems mooching  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

♥ Susan

Pinterest
jillybeans
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #3822 on: October 08, 2012 02:46:49 PM »

I was just looking at that, but I feel weird putting my hand up for "free stuff" when I don't craft in turn for my partner. Undecided Especially hand crafted goodies. Promotional things from big business I have no problems mooching  Cheesy

Your partner really isn't getting something for nothing.  You are getting something (maybe) and they are getting positive feedback so that they can swap again and get partners again!  You are giving them a willing partner and the ability to swap again!  I would most certainly say that is something!  Though you could always ask for their address and send them a small thank you present, too!

I totally threw in my list!  ^_^  I mean, why not!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest

I'm so crafty, I make babies!  Baby Bean 2.0 born 6/1/16
suereal

Im not crazy about reality, but its still the only place to get a decent meal-Groucho Marks

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #3823 on: October 08, 2012 03:06:56 PM »

I'm with jilly on this.  It's a chance for folks who, for what ever reason (and some times they are very serious reasons), messed up on a swap.  A recent swap I ran we had 1 flaker and I got 3 personal PMs to angel before I had even posted that I needed one, so I know there are lots of folks desperate for an angel opportunity.  I think it's cool the Mods That Be are running this so we can help some of these folks get back on the crafty wagon.  I'm thinking of it as crafty karma.  Besides, I consider myself an over crafting spoiler, so it all evens out in the end.  If it feels odd, then one could always make some art and abounded it in a public place (some times called craft bombing) to pass it on, or pay it forward if you like that term better Grin

List posted and completely guilt free about it Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"People who have uncovered lifes twisted hoax find refuge in the irreverent, twisted and weird."

RuPaul in discussion With John Waters
SilverMoon
Rainbow IS a colour!

Probably erring on the wrong side of crazy

« Reply #3824 on: October 08, 2012 04:55:12 PM »

You've twisted my arms!  Cheesy

I'll have to come up with a list and post it when I get home from the post office.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

♥ Susan

Pinterest
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Make All Things, especially from stash

Need Pink Floyd stamps for hubby! Will Swap!!

« Reply #3825 on: October 09, 2012 07:32:20 AM »

Glad you guys joined--the more choices the better!  You might not get picked, but at least you are offering a chance...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

underthemountain
Tutorial Contributor

live aloha

« Reply #3826 on: October 09, 2012 03:08:13 PM »

Thanks Always!  I posted my list and got picked for some fab felt piggy banks for Lana and her classmates.  YAY!! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

DawnsTrees
« Reply #3827 on: October 09, 2012 05:59:35 PM »

Thanks Always and underthemountain! I realized that I am officially over 50 projects for the year, but most of the items did not start out on my list! I need to re-visit my list soon to see what I actually still want to do this year...

The Second Chance swap is such a great idea! Glad that you are running it again!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wists: http://www.wists.com/TinasDawn
Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/dawnstrees

50 in 2011:My List. 50/50
50 in 2012:My List. 65/50
50 in 2013:My List. 21/50
J_Kieviet
« Reply #3828 on: October 09, 2012 10:51:36 PM »

Yep, I'm going to get the felt tomorrow for those piggy banks, and we'll see if I can't think of something  for that charity:) Going to send the original packages too my original partners too, life is calming down and I have some time and money:)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Looking for the free row by row patterns.  If you are able to get me one from your town I will paypal you $2 for postage.
underthemountain
Tutorial Contributor

live aloha

« Reply #3829 on: October 10, 2012 05:07:42 AM »

Yep, I'm going to get the felt tomorrow for those piggy banks, and we'll see if I can't think of something  for that charity:) Going to send the original packages too my original partners too, life is calming down and I have some time and money:)
J_Kieviet, thanks for thinking of our charity (Thoughtful Treasures at the NIH Children's Inn).  Many children from around the world come to the NIH for treatment each year.   TT puts a little gift into each child's mailbox for every day of their stay so that they have something to look forward to. It's a really nice way to give the family some support. They ask for donations of 75 like items so that they can give them to the patients and their siblings.  Thank you for helping with this JK!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 381 382 [383] 384 385 ... 434 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Lemon Cornmeal Waffles
Whooops!
@Home This Weekend: Curtains!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...