A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
October 5th News Announcement:  New Featured Projects posted!  Congratulate these artists for being selected!
Total Members: 308,399
Currently Running With Scissors:
485 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 351 352 [353] 354 355 ... 434
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 50 Projects 2012--Join here and post your lists !  (Read 889812 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
Craftalongs Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Make All Things, especially from stash

Need Pink Floyd stamps for hubby! Will Swap!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #3520 on: August 24, 2012 06:44:11 AM »

Silvermoon--I love those pillows sewn together! I have seen projects where webbing is used to strap the cushions together to keep them from sliding when bundled up for a chair...

I have used a metallic paintstick on velvet...not sure if it would work on the velour...let me see if I can find the project...

It looks smudgy but it is not--the velvet had nap so if it was turned a certain way, the images looked blurrier...I would try to get the fabric very flat and let the paint sort of soak into the nap...

Abeeroad--it is a nice bracelet even if one does not watch the show!  I love those type of bracelets because you can personalize them to whatever is your interest!  Nice job!
« Last Edit: August 24, 2012 07:21:58 AM by alwaysinmyroom » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Eclectic Dreamer

There's power in an unwritten page.

View Profile
« Reply #3521 on: August 25, 2012 01:18:45 AM »

August isn't over yet, so I'm making my list now!!

1: Recipe book for a swap done 8/28
2: Cutlery holder for a swap done 8/28
3: Spin & ply 2 oz. of wool for a swap Done 8/26
4: Try a new recipe: Stuffed artichokes Eeeek!! Done 8/31... but just realized I forgot to take a pic! It's gone now. This was a major undertaking... my first time cooking an artichoke and my first time eating one. Thank God for Google. LOL.
5: 2 quilt blocks for a quilting guild raffle quilt

Most of these I need done within the next few days, so hopefully I can get it all done!

Edit: I'm going to update on this post until I finish all then I'll post pics and a final update as a new post.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2012 08:10:12 PM by Eclectic Dreamer » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Writing Magic - NaNoWriMo 2013 Swap: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=426706.0#axzz2cCRJhOrK

My new motto/mantra: "Eat. Rest. Be well of heart. Keep breathing."
« Reply #3522 on: August 25, 2012 09:50:02 AM »

I finished the last thing on my mini list, only to put it on and realize that the hem needs to be taken up a few inches.  Hopefully going to work on that this weekend, since classes start on Monday.

"Setting a goal is not the main thing. It is deciding how you will go about achieving it and staying with that plan. " -Tom Landrey

« Reply #3523 on: August 25, 2012 11:27:23 AM »

Has anyone used a bleach pen to "Paint" on velour?  Results?

I've never done so, but it should work, conceptually. A friend of mine used a paste, similar to a bleach on silk velvet and it looked amazing. In combo with a different chem, it makes burnouts (dharma trading co has some tutes for different techniques I believe). So Bleach on velour, as long as it is a bleach able textile material, should be effective

I have an embroidery machine! If you want to do personal swaps for machine embroidered items, (or are in my swaps!) let me know!

Im not crazy about reality, but its still the only place to get a decent meal-Groucho Marks

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #3524 on: August 25, 2012 11:55:59 AM »

Definitely try it in a small place if you are doing it on a constructed item.  I am just a tinge worried it will degrade/melt the polyester, if that is what it is made of.  I think it all depends on what the fabric is made of ....I don't know if there are cotton velours.....

"People who have uncovered lifes twisted hoax find refuge in the irreverent, twisted and weird."

RuPaul in discussion With John Waters

Crafting to keep insanity at bay.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3525 on: August 26, 2012 04:39:45 PM »

That shrug looks great Silvermoon! And the bracelet is charming (haha get it) Abbeeroad! I don't follow Avatar but it still looks really neat  Smiley

I made two holiday themed TM bags just for a change. I started the patches a few months back and dropped it to do other things but somehow ended up picking them up this weekend and finishing it all. Here's the full post: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=413380.0

Arts and Crafts keep me sane

Crafting 'cause I can't help myself

« Reply #3526 on: August 26, 2012 05:32:16 PM »

I just made homemade Gel Air Fresheners http://tipnut.com/homemade-smelly-jelly-recipes/ except I didnt have Knox so I used two 4 serving packages of Jell-o Sugar-free gelatin, Orange and Lemon, added 3 cups of water, 4 tbs salt, a few drops of red food color, and a mix of lemon, orange, citronella, clove and Jasmine oils and put them in a bunch of small jars and I am hoping they set up,
NOTE:  I made them WAY too strong, I had to put lids on them while seeing if they set up and the 2 (of 6) that dont have lids I put under the sink, we will see if they are better when solid.
In the future I am making them clear with no color and Knox Gelatin.

I also made a curtain for our kitchen Door out of this great loose wove purple mesh, I mounted it on a gold tone thin curtain rod that I got used for 2 for $.80 then after hanging it I carefully sliced the curtain into 8 strips with the top casing still intact.  This makes it easy to walk through but still has the support of one casing which keeps it from separating to one side or the other.  This should work well with my colorful Jewel-tone Bohemian Front room.
I am also doing one for our bedroom with a great black and dark blue lace panel as we are doing a Gothic bedroom with lots of black, silver and dark blue and purple (my husband works graveyard and really wants a dark room but even with Central Air it gets so stuffy so the curtain is 12 inches off the ground and heavy lace to allow some airflow)
« Last Edit: August 26, 2012 07:00:45 PM by trinalocakary » THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Blog http://trinaxxl.wordpress.com/
50 projects for 2015 ... 1/50  (Individual items finished 2)

« Reply #3527 on: August 27, 2012 05:33:10 AM »

Finally caught up on 10 pages of awesome.  Wow!

25/12,  14/13
57/50 in 2010, 53/50 in 2011, 85/50 in 2012 83/50 in 2013 link, 12/2014
Craftalongs Moderator

Make All Things, especially from stash

Need Pink Floyd stamps for hubby! Will Swap!!

« Reply #3528 on: August 27, 2012 06:24:22 AM »

sheepblue--love those bags!  The button pumpkin and the tree are tremendous!

Those smelly jelly sound like what I would like to make for my linen closet!  I wonder if I could re-use the old jars that the store bought ones come in with the lace cutout tops? hmm...please let us know how they set up and if the smell went down!

Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #3529 on: August 27, 2012 07:59:36 AM »

Awesome holiday bags, Sheep!  I love the button pumpkin!!!  Too cute!!

I finally made some progress on my list this weekend!  Woot!

August's List:
1) Can cherry syrup
2) Can cherry amaretto jam
3) Get last batch of strawberry syrup done
4) Finish mama24boyz shirts for personal swap
5) Make something for my best friend

Cherry Amaretto Preserves!  YAY!  It was pretty good hot, though I've yet to try it cool.  I think it would be amazing on mini-cheesecakes that I like to make.  Guess I'm gonna have to make some soon!  ^_^  I made two batches.  5 half pints, and 4 of the real tiny ones.

Cherry Syrup!  Mmmmmm!!!  Made 7 pints, and 3 half pints!  Yay!

Here it is held up into the sunlight.  So pretty!

And not on my list, but I made MissingWillow's pickles!

Two jars of whole pickles, and three jars of sliced pickles.  I think they are quart jars.

I don't know what it was, but this weekend I had 3 jars out of everything that didn't seal properly!  So strange!  I don't normally have issues with that.  Geez.  Two of the itty bitty cherry amarettos and one of the sliced pickles.  That's fine, they can live in my fridge.  ^_^

I don't think I have enough frozen strawberries for a whole batch of syrup, and I also have a bag of cherries left that won't be enough for another batch of something.  I think I might try to find a strawberry and cherry mixed jam to use 'em up.  I'm hopefully going to make apricot jam this week, too! 

I'm so crafty, I make babies!  Baby Bean 2.0 born 6/1/16
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 351 352 [353] 354 355 ... 434 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Mermaid Tail Blanket
October 19, 2016 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Vanilla Extract

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...

Follow Craftster...