A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 297,132
Currently Running With Scissors:
329 Guests and 4 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 324 325 [326] 327 328 ... 436
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 50 Projects 2012--Join here and post your lists !  (Read 540934 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

katara
« Reply #3250 on: July 22, 2012 12:36:54 AM »

Kookaloo_Starr - The corset is my most favorite TM patch!  Grin
Ffrogg526 - The kids are going to love those maracas!  Wink

I did some paper crafting this week - I made a set of 4 note cards

THIS ROCKS   Logged

underthemountain
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

my brown eyed girl

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #3251 on: July 22, 2012 10:56:04 AM »

Finished a Bday banner for my niece Victoria today!  I'm horrible with colors so I just did a single fabric for the background. Now to work on the Bday crown!

Also pics of the goodies I crafted for Mama24boyz!

Daysie

Ethan

Aidan

Liam

Quenton

Melanie

« Last Edit: July 22, 2012 11:13:01 AM by underthemountain » THIS ROCKS   Logged

smashu

punk rock meets saturday morning cartoons..

« Reply #3252 on: July 22, 2012 11:31:49 AM »

As always, you have all been doing some amazing work! And we even have a firework creator on here, WOW! I have been crazy busy for the last while and unable to post anything. San Diego Comic-Con was last week and I was rushing like crazy to finish all my costume pieces before leaving the country to attend. I nearly did so.. but there were a few things I was finishing up the night before in the hotel room.

The other thing is that my employer decided to terminate my job while they knew I was out of the country on vacation and unreachable. It was a horrible thing for them to do and Ive been in the curl up in a ball phase since I got back. I was hoping some of you might be able to suggest some names of fabric companies that design in-house lines or use freelancers because Id like to continue working in textile or graphic illustration if I can. I was told to look into Moda and Camelot Cottons, any other company names you can suggest would be great (I dont quilt so I dont have much interaction with patterned fabrics in my sewing life)!

On to the projects (the photos aren't great but I do plan on shooting the costumes later)!
C.A. Cupid cosplay:
-bow and arrow earrings
-bow and arrow ring
-arm guard
-screened gloves, made using butchers paper traced over a pattern I digitally illustrated
-screened tights, made using a silk screen of a pattern I digitally illustrated
-hair heart headband
-shoes
-bone wings

Frankie Stein Home Ick cosplay:
-bolt ring
-earrings
-shoes

Duela Dent cosplay
-overbust corset
-hat
-goggles
-collar / shoulder pads
-gloves / sleeves
-waist belt with backpack attachment
-flower broach with tube attachment
-backpack
-hip belt
-skirt / bustle
-leggings / garter straps
-leg warmers
-spats
-shoes

Thank you for letting me take over the thread momentarily with my images! Posting all the hard work I did is making me feel a bit better about life right now.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

-Smashu :[    ♥   My blog! http://smashworks.blogspot.com/    ♥   Pinterest   ♥   Projects 2012(114)

In progress:   ♥   50+ Projects 2013(Cool
underthemountain
Tutorial Contributor

my brown eyed girl

« Reply #3253 on: July 22, 2012 11:44:02 AM »

Sorry to hear that smashu.  I hope you find employment soon.  Your work is amazing!  I esp love Frankie!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

underthemountain
Tutorial Contributor

my brown eyed girl

« Reply #3254 on: July 22, 2012 04:10:28 PM »

Phew, I finished Victoria's crown.  Her latest thing is bees...well she identifies all flying things as bees: this includes flies, butterflies, moths, actual bees, and once a lady wearing a yellow and black striped shirt.  LOL. Lana helped cut the flowers and decided how to position them.  (I was just going to have them upright.)  I like the symmetry and the fact that there are 2 flowers on it since she's turning 2.
I got Lana to model it for me before I sized it.  Smiley

« Last Edit: July 22, 2012 07:00:00 PM by underthemountain » THIS ROCKS   Logged

indigo_roses
« Reply #3255 on: July 22, 2012 05:20:50 PM »

smashu, sorry to hear about your job. That really stinks! You did an EXCELLENT job on the costumes, though!!!

underthemountain, the banner and crown are really cute!

My IYP swap package was received last week, so here's what I sent to WhimsicallyObsessed

A stencilled Lalaloopsy shirt for her daughter

A fox and turtle amigurumi

And a pillow cover
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pinterest
50 in 2013 18/50

Taking a break from swapping to focus on crafting for myself, friends, and charity
rottenlittleboys

Inspiration without application is moot.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3256 on: July 23, 2012 04:21:45 AM »

Wow, some great items here as usual.

Love the banner and all of the birthday stuff underthemountain. Banners are so cool to me. Smiley And add in a headband? That will be one styling girl.

SmashU,  your costumes are incredible once more. Sorry about the suckage once you got home though.  Sad

Knowing very little about your field, would it be possible to work for a company that is not craft related? Don't most large companies, ie: IBM, Apple, have inhouse art departments?  Sorry, I really don't know much about it.

indgo_roses, aw, much love for the stenciled tshirt and the turtle.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

trinalocakary
Arts and Crafts keep me sane

Crafting 'cause I can't help myself

« Reply #3257 on: July 23, 2012 04:26:59 AM »

I am going to use my 70″ dark wood bookcases as a pantry in the new kitchen.  We have a very ugly but very effective sort of white upright freezer that is 65″ tall and I will be placing a bookcase on each side with its back to the side of the freezer so that they take up less wall space but are still usable.
The side that faces the door from the front room will be used for canisters and bottles and the other side will be for cans.  I want to be able to use my cupboards to spread out my dishes and cooking gear better.
Because of my weightloss surgery I use quite a bit of protein which I buy in large white plastic canisters.  It is hard to get the labors completely off of the bottles and my theme for the pantry is apothecary style.

So I found this very old fashion white and black self stick shelf liner at the dollar store which I cut to size and wrapped around the canister

then I printed off some apothecary labels then taped them on.

Now if I wish to change the contents I can put a new label over that one.  

I am also painting about 25 bottles of all sizes using this method which works
http://www.curbly.com/users/diy-maven/posts/13597-how-to-dye-clear-glass-any-color-a-new-technique
the first batch I did I used non acetone and it ended up ok but spotty, the second batch I got the right polish and made the paints thicker and even though I have streaks and patterns (which I find cool) they are a lot darker and richer color

Pictures coming soon
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Blog http://artinmybag.wordpress.com/
50 projects for 2013 ... 15/50  (Individual items finished 15) http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=418274.msg4952976#msg4952976
50 projects for 2012 ... 85/50  (Individual items finished 200+)
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

« Reply #3258 on: July 23, 2012 06:13:02 AM »

I think the stuff made for the IYP is fantastic!  Everyone did such a bang up job...and why is it that in that swap, we make so much stuff!? Cheesy  It always tires me out!

Underthemountain and indigo_roses--loved the goodies you made!  I really love the bee crown, the fun masks...and Indigo_roses--the cushion cover was my favorite...well, maybe the fox...

Smashu--sucky news!  It must be difficult to work in the arts...your design work and costumes are so terrific...

trina--what a clever idea for containers that will be seen...I also have huge containers of protein powders...I never thought about covering them...they sit out on a shelf because they are too huge for my cupboards--I like your idea!

katara--love the bird notecards...I always need notecards!

kookla--what are you making with all of your cool TM patches?  I love the corset one!
« Last Edit: July 23, 2012 06:14:27 AM by alwaysinmyroom » THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 Projects in 2014 101/150 ?
PINTEREST
Will swap for art
Kookaloo_Starr

the best things in life aren't things!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3259 on: July 23, 2012 08:39:55 AM »

lovely projects as usual ladies  Grin well done everybody for crafting through the summer heat (or torrential rain or winter heat depending where you live  Wink )

My TM patches will be turning up on all sorts of things but the ones I posted were swaps. I love the corset one and the beaded tree best of all  Smiley

Finished my second doll today.

This is Sleepy Jean as the day I made her head I woke up with The Monkees Daydream Believer in my head  Grin
 Her torso & arms are made from a skirt.Her skirt and waistcoat are leftover saree pieces with some ribbon sewn on and her lovely orange legs are made from one of my dresses that I cut up for fabric  Cheesy shoes are just two different ribbons tacked in place.They're very bright irl  Grin

THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Use what talent you possess - the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best"

50 in '14
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 324 325 [326] 327 328 ... 436 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!
Spotlight on: Woodburning

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...