A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,059
Currently Running With Scissors:
573 Guests and 16 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 312 313 [314] 315 316 ... 436
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 50 Projects 2012--Join here and post your lists !  (Read 485573 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

bookstorebabe
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Girl Genius! Kaja&Phil Foglio

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #3130 on: July 03, 2012 06:40:14 AM »

Okay, my partner received in the Dieselpunk swap, so here's a link.
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=410029.msg4850402#msg4850402

Necklace, jetpack planter, giant robot and space guy magnets, and a compact.  Compact, I cheated-I had a lady head pin in my stash. I just broke off the pink floppy hat and rhinestones, and added polyclay hair, hat, goggles, ect.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"If you're going to go for tech that doesn't exist,think Willy Wonka,not Hoover!" Firefairy@ craftster
http://StudioLTD@etsy.com. Coupon code craftster,10%
http://www.pinterest.com/studioltd60/
Abbeeroad
Tutorial Contributor

Liberal Tie-Dyed Tree Hugger

« Reply #3131 on: July 03, 2012 06:46:35 AM »

Ah! Too much to comment on! Love all your work, sheepBlue, awesome doilies that1girl, embroidery hoops rock, redstar13, oooo...love Daysie's rainbow birthday, mama24boyz - thanks for sharing!! Too cool sock monkey, Ffrogg, frozen pupsicles are perfect to keep your pup cool in this crazy heat, QNM. I really love that necklace, bookstorebabe!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
redstar13
"Setting a goal is not the main thing. It is deciding how you will go about achieving it and staying with that plan. " -Tom Landrey

« Reply #3132 on: July 03, 2012 11:53:44 AM »

redstar13, I just now scrolled up and saw the tee you made for my niece.  I am saving it for her Bday in July.  I know that she is going to rock it and that her mom (my sis) will think it is adorable.  It is so sweetly stitched! 

yay!! I hope it fits her and that she likes it!! Smiley I love doing clothing pieces for little kids Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

v3nu5
"Imagination is more important than knowledge." -Albert Einstein

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3133 on: July 04, 2012 12:45:05 AM »

Alrighty. So I have been pretty busy, but I have been making lots of crafty things. Just a quick run down of the last 4 months with cute little thumbnails. Grin

Did some futurama things. My fav was the pair of amigurumi, Leela & Phillip J. Fry. Shrinky charms & brain slug earrings.

A handful of stenciled Tshirts. Morbo is metallic green on black. Chewbacca & Storm Trooper.

Star Wars things: Glass etching; mugs, tile coasters. My favorite!!! -Star Wars Peg Dolls! I love these.

Hats! Yoda and Twi'Lek.

Worked really hard on this
and I did it for a swap partner/friend's husband. I really need to make another for my husband self. Tongue

Recently I have done many small things
. Also things for small people. I made a tiny Luna Love good. She sits about 3.5 inches all crochet with glass eyes and embroidery mouth. You can see all her little accessories. That was fun. My nephew is sleeping with the star afghan I crocheted for him, and wont let me get a proper picture. Cheesy

Glad I got that all out of the way... Now onto the rest of this year.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Eclectic Dreamer

There's power in an unwritten page.

View Profile
« Reply #3134 on: July 05, 2012 01:34:54 AM »

I really need to get back to my list. However... I just dyed a bunch of wool. One bit of roving in purple, red, orange, yellow and lime green, and a small bunch of loose wool (needs carded) in shades of yellow, orange, red and possibly a bit of lime green (I can't tell in this light, and I just used the remainder of the kool aid dye). With any luck, in another week or so I'll have completed projects to share again.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.etsy.com/people/ShahanaKhan/favorites
http://pinterest.com/3pomegranates

Writing Magic - NaNoWriMo 2013 Swap: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=426706.0#axzz2cCRJhOrK

My new motto/mantra: "Eat. Rest. Be well of heart. Keep breathing."
Kookaloo_Starr

the best things in life aren't things!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3135 on: July 05, 2012 02:07:30 AM »

Busy busy busy!

No, not me. I'm a total slacker at the moment just making TM patches for the swap and not an awful lot of anything else  Shocked
I think I need to go back through my list and see what is likely to not happen after all  Roll Eyes

There are some wonderful things in the gallery lately. Keep up the good work!  Grin

THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Use what talent you possess - the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best"

50 in '14
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

« Reply #3136 on: July 05, 2012 08:10:39 AM »

WOW WOW WOW--I just had a super week with some of the mods...talk about inspiring!  Seriously, who would not be inspired with : rackycoo, MissingWillow, cackle, loves2experiment, HSG, and alteredmommy!!!?  Talented, smart, kind and fun...I left feeling energized and wanting to craft more and more! Cheesy

Then, to top it off...I come to my favorite board ever and see that there are even more wonderful goodies!  My list of 50 is going to be over 200 at this rate! Cheesy

I see lots of projects for the June/July challenge...after I unpack and get back to everyday living, I will look and comment on the projects

well, one comment:  I love the quilt looking afghan, fFrogg!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

yofi
« Reply #3137 on: July 05, 2012 01:42:16 PM »

So impressive that you're all crafting thru the summer heat!  (For those of us in the northern hemisphere, at least.)

With no air conditioning and 10 days of temps in the upper 90's, I'm starting to slow down, but I did want to post what I've been doing the past month.

32. Knit snakes
I made a dozen of these creepy characters for International Yarn Bombing Day my first participation.  I made them with wire running thru the body so they are poseable, and deployed them thru out the large municipal garden near my house.  I was very self-conscious about it, and put them out at the crack of dawn, but still got some curious looks.  Most were gone the next day, but there are two that are still slithering down a banister at the park!

33. Rain barrel stand and installed
Weve had an extremely hot summer so far, and it looks like its going to get worse, so Im glad I finally built a stand and got this rain barrel deployed.  Its huge, 50-gallon, and I was pleased I could tuck it away behind this little gate, with a shut-off hose attaced that feeds thru the gate.

34. Self watering planters
I found this idea here: http://edenmakersblog.com/?p=4348 and Im pleased to report they work pretty well!  They are a little tippy, so I put a handful of stones in the base.  And they do get a little grubby looking as some of the dirt works its way to the bottom, so I think Ill try covering the bases with foil or some contact paper.  But when everybody else is watering their potted plants twice a day, its nice to only have to top it up once a week!

35. Blubarb jam
Before it got so hot, I was doing a fair bit of cooking.  Made another batch of Blueberry-Rhubarb jam, with less sugar than last years, but just as tasty.  And what is home made jam without.

36. Sourdough bread
My sister gave me a really good sourdough starter, and Ive been making some of the best bread.  Its unfortunately the last thing I need to be eating, so Ive been making a lot of my friends very happy! 
Im experimenting with freezing and reviving the starter, since I dont think I can keep baking in the 98+ heat!  And when its that hot, you need someway to cool off.

37. Sorbet
Years ago someone gave me a little ice cream maker, and to be honest, Ive barely used it.  But once I noticed a lactose-intolerant buddy of mine was going bankrupt on fruit sorbet this summer, I got it out and have been experimenting.  The basic formula has been simple syrup + fruit + any extras I want to add in.  Shown here is Granny Smith apple and honey with walnuts, and Double Mango with crystallized ginger.

38. Elenka 1and 2
Back in March I began knitting this cute little dress for the daughter of a friend.  Id been bugging her for exact measurements, and I wasnt terribly surprised to find halfway thru the dress that it was a size too small.  So I finished the knit part and knit another one in the right size.  Then I set them aside, because youre supposed to finish them with a crocheted edge, and I didnt know to crochet.  Until this week.  Procrastinated for two months on the trim and finished it in a weekend.  Theres a lesson there somewhere.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

« Reply #3138 on: July 05, 2012 02:29:07 PM »

I just love your ideas on conserving water!  Believe me, it is super hot where I am, too...I am trying not to use the air conditioning by not using the oven...

Your bread looks fantastic...I keep my sourdough starter in the fridge...it keeps forever if you feed it...(that sounds scary, doesn't it!?)

how fun to do some yarn bombing!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jillybeans
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #3139 on: July 05, 2012 03:46:25 PM »

Hey, can this count as one of my projects? hehe

Lookie what I made!  I chained together part of the finale with black match!  Woot!  My husband got to be the co-lead pyro this year for the professional firework show downtown this year.  It takes 3 days of set up to do, and its so much fun!  This year I got to chain together shells for the finale.  Normally I just wire, but this year I didn't do much of that.

Putting in the e-match, a very delicate procedure!  Put it in too fast and KABOOM!  lol!

And here I am gathering up my chain to put into the sandbox with the mortars!  Weee!

KABOOM!!!  Ooooo ahhhhh! (not a finale chain, but one of my favorite pictures I took of the shoot)

HERE's a finale chain.  ^_^
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest

I've moved in May 2013!  Contact me for my new address!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 312 313 [314] 315 316 ... 436 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Burger Bar Tips and Quick Recipes
Don’t Tell Mama: Cornbread Dressing Recipe
Family BBQ Recipes
Little Big Mac Recipe
Hot Wings and Turkey Sliders Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight On: Amigurumi
Mr X Stitch Presents: The Cutting (& Stitching) Edge - Karen Casper
Tute Tuesday: Wooden Chain

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...