A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 302,549
Currently Running With Scissors:
767 Guests and 34 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 307 308 [309] 310 311 ... 436
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 50 Projects 2012--Join here and post your lists !  (Read 521840 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

katara
« Reply #3080 on: June 26, 2012 12:40:48 AM »

I Love your monkey, katara! That reminds me-
I made a digital Christmas card from a photo of the original sock monkey pattern! My Publisher file was laid out like this, and fits perfectly to cut apart. I may go back and insert a light background behind the text to get the text to pop up.

Thank you for this idea KLKingGrin

Another entry: Wearable items

I knitted myself a Twirl Scarf  Cheesy

Silvermoon - The ami and beanies are very nice! I especially like the Master Four Solstice beanie!
« Last Edit: June 26, 2012 12:47:02 AM by katara » THIS ROCKS   Logged

meleriffic
Global Moderator
Clothing Moderator
Toys, Dolls, & Playthings Moderator

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3081 on: June 26, 2012 05:32:48 AM »

Wow, look at all the beanie's. They all look great.

And Katara I really love your scarf.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
cursive_queen
« Reply #3082 on: June 26, 2012 06:48:51 AM »

I finished a quilt this weekend and I made a wipes case yesterday.  Hopefully I can get pics up this evening - I'm so bad about remembering to do that

Silvermoon - great beanies - my kids would love the toothless one!

Katara - that's a cool scarf, I like the minty color of it
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jillybeans
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #3083 on: June 26, 2012 07:18:04 AM »

Cute beanies, SilverMoon!  And I love that scarf, cursive!

Yesterday we had my niece's birthday party.  I put together a dress up box for it.  I made some of it, and bought the rest after halloween on clearance and from the thrift store.  The box with a hit and I'm excited to make more to add to it for christmas.  Her older cousin was having fun playing with all the stuff, too and his mom told me he would enjoy somthing like that too.  So, I guess I better get started on a new boy style dress up box for him for christmas!  hehe!  Well, here are the items that I made:

Adjustable yarn wig braids. 

Tutu!

Felt crown and wand

Super Hero costume, including cape, felt cuffs, and felt mask.

Felt mustache

And a wizard cape.

Also, one of my partner's (Kimbles) received in the felt badge swap.  She said I could use the pictures she took, since I only got crappy phone pictures of them as they were heading out the door.

A horde symbol badge from World of Warcraft

A NES controller
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest

I've moved in May 2013!  Contact me for my new address!
Abbeeroad
Tutorial Contributor

Liberal Tie-Dyed Tree Hugger

« Reply #3084 on: June 26, 2012 09:17:19 AM »

I want a dress up box like that, jillybeans!! Awesome work as always!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
gozer

If only Mogwai were real... at least we have Bigfoot

« Reply #3085 on: June 26, 2012 10:05:03 AM »

would have never thought of those braids. Really cool! I think my favorite is the superhero set up. Looks like so much fun I want to dress up!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MissingWillow
Global Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #3086 on: June 26, 2012 10:25:44 AM »

What a great dress up wardrobe, jillybeans!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Farm Life Blog  
I'm a shepherd and have raw fleece.  PM me if you want to swap for some.

Craftster has gone mobile!  Read all about it here
bookstorebabe

Girl Genius! Kaja&Phil Foglio

« Reply #3087 on: June 26, 2012 11:47:17 AM »

Dress up boxes are awesome! Great idea! And, I like the beanies.

Well, the urge hit to do something the other day, so I painted some shoes. The first pair were cheap canvas black flats, they already had a little paint spilled on them. I mixed some pearlized bright purple airbrush paint with some liquitex gel, and poured in a little acrylic green, too, got a shade I like, painted. Went over the rubber with a little of the unadulterated purple on top of that. Took the green and did vines on the side, outlined in permanent marker. Decied to leave the front of the shoes plain.

Then, I took my pair of awful wear around the house or out in the garden sneakers. They were an off white/light brown with dark brown faux leather bits. Used two colors of acrylic paint-a metallic brown and a brassy color. Outlined ridges with black screen printing ink, painted the rubber and part of the shoes with copper screenprinting ink.Left the original brown faux leather stripes as they were. And I  ifound some navy shoelaces in the box with the shoe polish! I'll put some sealer on the rubber, but that's it. Both shoes-the canvas soaked up the paint very well, they're old cheap shoes so I could just have fun with it, and if a bit of paint flakes, I'll touch it up. I have some spray acrylic sealer, but it won't be flexible like the paint, and maybe it'd make it flake more? I'll see how they do. Maybe use some outdoor mod podge later.

So yeah, my old shoes are somewhat spiffier, and that's something on my list, altering shoes. I still plan on making a pair of sweater boots, and I'm keeping a pair of shoes back for that.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"If you're going to go for tech that doesn't exist,think Willy Wonka,not Hoover!" Firefairy@ craftster
http://StudioLTD@etsy.com. Coupon code summerfun  50%
http://www.pinterest.com/studioltd60/
dreadfullydivine

Raising the next generation of evil warlords

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3088 on: June 26, 2012 02:17:09 PM »

After a long unwanted craft/Craftster hiatus due to the hell that is called "house hunting". I think in my next life I want to come back as a turtle or snail since they all ready have their homes with them and they don't need to search for a new one. ::)I decided for my sanity and the well being of my family to finally give into my crafting addiction and get rid of the strange craft related tick I have developed.  There have been so many amazing projects since I have been gone and I will have to go back and mark all the ones I want to do as well. But for now I figured going back ten pages would be good enough to start.  Wink

sheepBlue: I really love the faux taxidermy plaques especially the dressed up cow.

Abbeeroad: The Big Bro cape is adorable. My kids would flip for it and the jellyfish earrings are gorgeous.

jillybeans: I, for one, can never have too many totes especially to carry books around. The "Big books" tote is fantastic! While I have some weird aversion to sock monkeys I adore the zombie one you created. The Star Wars patches are amazing as well.

that1girl: Every home needs a Dalek or two. I know mine does and I love the hitchhiker the colors are amazing.

meleriffic: The covered wipes container is a great idea!

Kookaloo_Starr-I adore the hair accessories and I love love love the brass octopus pin.

suereal-The Wicked Matchbox is AMAZING!

SilverMoon-I love the Iron man gloves. I would totally wear those as well.

Smeddley-The skirts are stunning.

ids13-The jewelry is lovely. I especially like the first earring.

smashu-Honestly, I can't pick an awesome corset as my favorite. I am back to resume my rightful place as your official Craftster stalker.

yofi: I love the terrariums and fresh jam is the best. I have to know how did you make Bacon Jam? My husband would die right now if he could get his hands on some. Beware if some strange guy is stalking you and worshiping you like a goddess it might be my husband since you are the creator of bacon jam.  Wink And I need some lavender satchels! Those are fantastic.

mellybelly81: The robot pillow is just too cute!

katara: Lovely hand warmers. Perhaps you post will get me out of my crafting funk and make some for myself.

indigo_roses:Gorgeous wedding afghan.

waggonswest-What a beautiful art quilt!

Ffrogg526_- I am glad that they finally figured out what the issue was and now you can concentrate on getting better! Good luck on your surgery!

trinalocakary-I am sorry to hear about your loss. You were able to craft some beautiful things during this difficult time and congrats on your new place.

bookstorebabe- love the painted shoes.

Well now I need to get off my butt and get back to crafting!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Will do personal swaps.. ^_^
Whedonverse Swap Round 8: Questionaire sent!

50 Crafts in 2012~ 9/50+
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=395702.msg4714204#msg4714204
Ffrogg526

Stitches in the Musical Weave

I can do that... I think.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #3089 on: June 26, 2012 02:21:00 PM »

bookstorebabe - you didn't get this urge aftering seeing the front of ClothPaperScissors did you?  Wink  I saw that and thought...  "how cool would that be? NO!  You have enough projects to do!"

jillybeans - great dress up box!  That would have been so awesome as a kid!

Here are two things I've finished recently.

Hot colored entry for June/July challenge I was thinking this was hot colored with the lime and bright blue and hot pink/magenta....  but as I look at it...  its very cool color-oriented.  oh well. Smiley

Glass jar covered with polymer clay to act as candle holder.  Definetly for a tea light.  I left space in between some of the swirls for the light to shine through.

Wearable entry for June/July challenge

I got some Bazinga yarn at a store in ATL and couldn't really afford enough of it to make a big project so....  a hat.  Smiley  This is the newsboy hat from lionbrand.com.  I had to tweak it a bit by adding a few more rows but I was able to do the whole hat out of 3 balls of yarn.  Huzzah!  I think it looks a lot cuter in action but I have no one around to help with an action shot right now.

I think this brings me up to 21 projects!  woot!  I have several jars waiting on me to do something with them so there may be more polymer clay in the future!
« Last Edit: June 26, 2012 02:22:24 PM by Ffrogg526 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 307 308 [309] 310 311 ... 436 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Anne Hathaway Glitters in Gold Just Days Before the Oscars
Wear the Checker-Print Trend With a Pair of Easy DIY Flats
How to Edit Your Wardrobe
Three Big Style Mistakes Women Make
Get Your Fashion Week Trends For Less
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...