A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 297,567
Currently Running With Scissors:
527 Guests and 22 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 280 281 [282] 283 284 ... 436
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 50 Projects 2012--Join here and post your lists !  (Read 550802 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2810 on: May 17, 2012 07:09:33 PM »

Too fun to have HP snacks!  I can't tell you how wonderful the trufflepuffs look!

mama24boyz and 1 girl (ha)...the rainbow tuu is so cute...I also like the bow carrier..a girl cannot have too many hair accessories!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 Projects in 2014
123/150
PINTEREST
Will swap for art
trinalocakary
Arts and Crafts keep me sane

Crafting 'cause I can't help myself

« Reply #2811 on: May 17, 2012 09:23:09 PM »

I need to make a sock (monkey) monster...HUMMMMM dollar store socks it is
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Blog http://artinmybag.wordpress.com/
50 projects for 2013 ... 15/50  (Individual items finished 15) http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=418274.msg4952976#msg4952976
50 projects for 2012 ... 85/50  (Individual items finished 200+)
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Make all things!!

« Reply #2812 on: May 18, 2012 06:11:13 AM »

I have not been able to find long socks!  I think I will go to the soccer store and see what I can find!  I know it is getting to be summer, but don't stores know we crafting folks need long socks for our projects? Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 Projects in 2014
123/150
PINTEREST
Will swap for art
mellybelly81
my handmade dream

I'll have that... I might be able to use it!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2813 on: May 18, 2012 06:16:38 AM »

I've just done a count and I think I'm up to 18 (a few more if I count each bday card separately, which since I'm a newbie when it comes to papercraft and take for-ever to make one, perhaps I should!).

I have a bunch of photos to upload for you to see, when I have a chance to get on the computer I will be able to show you Brady's bday cake, the cover I made for alwaysinmyroom for the cushion cover swap (she loved it! Phew!) and the scarf I just finished. It only took me 6 days, working a couple of hours at night after Brady went to bed and maybe an hour or so when he was napping during the days) which I think as someone who hasn't really knitted since I was really young with my gran. I just have one question for you yarnies, is it really necessary to block a scarf? Its already longer than the pattern said but I don't know anything about blocking. Fingers crossed photos over the weekend.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 projects in 2013 - 6/50
13 quilts in 2013 - 0/13
Destash-along

http://pinterest.com/myhandmadedream/

Looking for teal/turquoise/aqua, grey and white (or a combo) fabric for a quilt.

My son loves Peppa Pig's brother George and Raa Raa the noisy lion.
cursive_queen
« Reply #2814 on: May 18, 2012 06:25:39 AM »

Always - have you tried Target for long socks?  Mine always has a bunch of knee length socks in like argyle and polkadot and holiday prints.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Make all things!!

« Reply #2815 on: May 18, 2012 06:33:28 AM »

I don't block acrylic...and I rarely block scarves...I do block shawls and anything I sort of mess up on! Cheesy

Thanks cursive_queen!  You can see that I rarely get out and shop anywhere except crafting or art stores! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 Projects in 2014
123/150
PINTEREST
Will swap for art
jillybeans
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #2816 on: May 18, 2012 07:24:41 AM »

I agree, Target is where I get all my long socks.  They usually have a great selection, and they aren't expensive, either.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest

I've moved in May 2013!  Contact me for my new address!
Smeddley

« Reply #2817 on: May 18, 2012 09:30:16 AM »

I want to apologize, this is going to be a LONG post.  I've been lax about updating... I've been watching all the amazing projects posted and am trying so hard not to add a million things to my "to craft" list!

#29 - a re-make of the teapot cross stitch (it was going to say "Earl Grey, Hot" but...  this ties in with the 100 things blogging challenge I'm doing, times and places you just need a good cup of tea (um, darnnit!)

to change your image viewing settings please click here

#30 - Bookmarks I did as an angel for the Three Tiny Movie Things Swap (the movie was Northanger Abbey, the shrinky-dinks have the names of the seven "horrid" novels they talk about on them).

# 31 - Then I finished up a blue three-tone hip scarf (I actually bought this yarn over a year ago with the intent to make this scarf, but got wrapped up in doing a million boucle ones - I like the boucle yarn a lot more, to be honest... this will probably not be worn as much).

#32 - I attempted to replicate something I got in a swap for a friend's kid (or risk losing the one I had!) - a piranha pouch!  The one I made is on the right, and it's not nearly as awesome as the one stove037 made for me, but the 8-year-old was happy enough with my attempt.  

#33 - Back to finishing up angel swap bits, a hoop from The Birds.  One of the few things I really, really, really didn't want to give up!  But hey, that's the sign of something good, right?  And I can always make another.  Cheesy

#34 - And also from The Birds, a wee bird needlebook (felt with a crocheted bird emblem)

#35 - And lastly, for the angel package, a tea wallet for The Sound of Music.

#36 - Poodle skirt for the 50s Sock Hop (sewing on the swirling sparkly ribbon "leash" was a right pain).

#37 - Purple beaded crown (practice crown!  I managed NOT to lose an eye working with the wire, yay!)

#38 - Blue beaded "birthday" crown for my friend to wear at her party tonight (she hasn't seem it, but I managed to make her promise to wear WHATEVER I made for her...)

...which brings us to

#39 - Chicken Hat!  It's a long story, but there's a significance to the chicken.  I am going to pull out the chicken hat first and say that's what she has to wear, obviously!  Then... I think I'm going to keep the chicken hat when I give her the crown, because... even though it was a joke, I ... really like it!

Whew!  I need to download my camera/update more often.  Sorry for the picture dump!

« Last Edit: May 18, 2012 09:38:48 AM by Smeddley » THIS ROCKS   Logged
jillybeans
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #2818 on: May 18, 2012 09:37:22 AM »

Yay pictures!!  I love the bookmarks, that hip scarf is so pretty, and the crowns are so beautiful!  You definitely have been busy!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest

I've moved in May 2013!  Contact me for my new address!
yofi
« Reply #2819 on: May 18, 2012 10:14:08 AM »

I like the tiaras, but I absolutely love the chicken hat!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 280 281 [282] 283 284 ... 436 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
The Best & Worst Celebrity Beauty Looks Of The Week
How to Make Nails Grow Longer and Stronger
Expert Shares Best Beauty Products That Are Good For You & The Environment
How to Transition Your Makeup For Warmer Weather
How to Apply Glitter Eyeshadow
Latest Blog Articles
Are You Ready For Some Football?
Meatless Monday: Banana Pudding
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...