A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 296,374
Currently Running With Scissors:
698 Guests and 31 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 249 250 [251] 252 253 ... 436
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 50 Projects 2012--Join here and post your lists !  (Read 520936 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

dewshinesdopp
« Reply #2500 on: April 22, 2012 01:38:15 PM »

I should start looking in this thread more often. I can totaly relate to the mix of lazyness and apathy  Roll Eyes and really many have rough times and the spoon theory really made me thinking. I'm struggling with my health for years too and reading it made me really feel less alone. I really need to make myself a nice spoon, too! Smiley

I've been dealing with not being able to get a job after graduate school. Like not even starbucks will give me a call back. It's created this miserable web of depression and apathy. Crafting is sometimes a great outlet, but then there are the "I'll just eff it up. It isn't worth trying or starting" days. It has been nearly two  years and I've lost so much confidence in myself because of my failed job search. I am trying to keep positive - I used to be that person who was forever trying to find an upside!- but it's gotten really difficult.

Debbie Downer rant complete....sorry

Nice job on the skirt, and I love the peacock feather stuff! Did you stencil the Dread pirate Roberts shirt? That is so cool.
And, forgot to mention it earlier, but the spiral stitched quilt is awesome.

I did a freezer paper stencil. I really enjoy doing freezer paper stencils, the more complicated the more intriguing Smiley

Thanks for being so brave to post that all redstar13.  I understand.  I can't seem to even look for work anymore due to depression issues and all.  It's been about 5 years for me since I have worked.  I'm not uber trained like you are, so I do have my fingers crossed for you Grin

It's been since 1996 that I was diagnosed with depression.  It's been 6  years since my back injury.  6 years with no job, and "limitations" of lifting nothing over 10 pounds- oh yeah, but I am eligble to work, and not disabled.  I know exactly how much it stinks to wake up and have those "nothing matters, why bother" days.  I empathize and sympathize with each one of you.  There are days when I am inspired to do things, start them and then just...don't.  I posted my 50 projects and have touched none in at least a month. 
On the upside, the fairy costume that is on my list is going to become my gibbous project...if I ever put forth the effort to clean off my sewing table, that is...

Geez...what a bunch of gloomy Guses we are, eh? Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

redstar13
"Setting a goal is not the main thing. It is deciding how you will go about achieving it and staying with that plan. " -Tom Landrey

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2501 on: April 22, 2012 01:45:59 PM »

I should start looking in this thread more often. I can totaly relate to the mix of lazyness and apathy  Roll Eyes and really many have rough times and the spoon theory really made me thinking. I'm struggling with my health for years too and reading it made me really feel less alone. I really need to make myself a nice spoon, too! Smiley

I've been dealing with not being able to get a job after graduate school. Like not even starbucks will give me a call back. It's created this miserable web of depression and apathy. Crafting is sometimes a great outlet, but then there are the "I'll just eff it up. It isn't worth trying or starting" days. It has been nearly two  years and I've lost so much confidence in myself because of my failed job search. I am trying to keep positive - I used to be that person who was forever trying to find an upside!- but it's gotten really difficult.

Debbie Downer rant complete....sorry

Nice job on the skirt, and I love the peacock feather stuff! Did you stencil the Dread pirate Roberts shirt? That is so cool.
And, forgot to mention it earlier, but the spiral stitched quilt is awesome.

I did a freezer paper stencil. I really enjoy doing freezer paper stencils, the more complicated the more intriguing Smiley

Thanks for being so brave to post that all redstar13.  I understand.  I can't seem to even look for work anymore due to depression issues and all.  It's been about 5 years for me since I have worked.  I'm not uber trained like you are, so I do have my fingers crossed for you Grin

It's been since 1996 that I was diagnosed with depression.  It's been 6  years since my back injury.  6 years with no job, and "limitations" of lifting nothing over 10 pounds- oh yeah, but I am eligble to work, and not disabled.  I know exactly how much it stinks to wake up and have those "nothing matters, why bother" days.  I empathize and sympathize with each one of you.  There are days when I am inspired to do things, start them and then just...don't.  I posted my 50 projects and have touched none in at least a month. 
On the upside, the fairy costume that is on my list is going to become my gibbous project...if I ever put forth the effort to clean off my sewing table, that is...

Geez...what a bunch of gloomy Guses we are, eh? Tongue

I hadn't touched a thing on my list either, then I did some swaps. Swaps are like my own personal prozac Smiley And, in truth, just hearing (reading?) other people's accounts, makes me feel less "alone", I guess.... Things get messy. That's life. But I am a control freak and have always been able to fix life. I have never had issue finding a job, my entire life! I am 32 years old and living with my parents because of this stupid lack of a job. grrrrr.

I have baby clothes projects for my nephews and niece to start. Maybe today will be that day.....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

skittlebub
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

« Reply #2502 on: April 22, 2012 08:49:29 PM »

**WARNING lots of pics  Grin

30. Jar of hearts - Kate - completed 1/3/12

31. Jar of Hearts - Bec

32. Jar of Hearts - Bianca

33. Set of Dancing shoe bags - completed 9/3/12

34. Make my collectible #2 for Lauren - completed 11/3/12

35. Set of dance shoe bags - Kodi - completed 14/3/12

36. Set of dance shoe bags - Maddison - completed 14/3/12

37. Embroidered towel - London - completed 15/3/12

38. Crochet beanie - completed 15/3/12

39. Blanket - Jessica - completed 17/3/12

40.Make My Collectible 2 swap package - Bunnie Boo - completed 18/3/12

41. Make My Collectible 2 swap package - Helena Puck - completed 20/3/12

42. Make My Collectible 2 swap package - HowdySailor

43. Make My Collectible swap package - kwiltykate

44. Tablecloth - March 2012

45. Notebook - 2/4/12

46. Embroidered towel - Isabella - 3/4/12

47. Dressing Gown - Maddison - 6/4/12

48. Dressing gown - Jye - 6/4/12

49.Binky Boo Bear - 13/4/12

50. Mum towel white - 16/4/12

51. Mum towel black - 16/4/12

52. Bib for Susan
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 things 2013

I have a new postal address. PM me if you need it - 3/16/12
ZombieLili
« Reply #2503 on: April 23, 2012 01:26:37 AM »

Not being able to find a job really gets to you...I finished university and could not find a job, but was also too burned out to add a masters degree, so I've been loving with my parents and doing, well, nothing for over a year now. Through lots of luck I got a training-on-job totaly unrelated to my university degree. I should be so happy about it, but at the same time I worry so much because of my health issues and stuff :/

Really, if it hadn't been for crafting (even though I'm very slow) I would have gone insane!
Yesterday I finally started a new little project. Sometimes it's better not to think and just get some paper and glue  Grin

It's also strange that often the nicest and most awesome and talented people have to suffer from depression  Undecided
You are all awesome. Don't forget that! *gives-out-big-hugs-to-everyone*  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kookaloo_Starr

the best things in life aren't things!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2504 on: April 23, 2012 03:15:49 AM »

Is anyone here a spinner who could give me some advice please?

Where I live used to have a thriving textiles industry but over the years our factories have close and our charity shops often turn up huge cones of single ply "industrial" yarn. In the past I've wound a ton of strands together to mix different colours and textures but its obvious that they're multiple strands. Is it possible to use my drop spindle to spin them into new yarn? I know next to nothing about spinning and only have the spindle because it was something hubby could make for me that was yarn related  Grin I did manage to spin some roving into a lumpy bundle of yarn but that's about it as far as my experience goes.

so, am I a total idiot or is this a do-able thang?  Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Use what talent you possess - the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best"

50 in '14
rottenlittleboys

Inspiration without application is moot.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2505 on: April 23, 2012 05:11:21 AM »

Oh skittlebug, I adore the little owl! He looks so beautiful.  Cheesy

To all others. This economy stinks so very much and you are not to blame. I am very glad you have crafting to turn to and us to talk with. Because frankly, I've been there.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

« Reply #2506 on: April 23, 2012 07:19:42 AM »

Crafting certainly has played a part in a lot of people's lives...it sure beats doing destructive things...it is no one's fault...it is our entire world's fault and it is catching up with us now...hang in there all!  My sister just got a job after two years!  She is 57 years old, underpaid, overeducated, but at least she is working!  It was hard to keep her spirits up but she did it by volunteering and then got a job through all her connections!

skittlebub--wowie!  I love the super hero "cape/bib"!  Cheesy

and that is the tiniest little crochet dog ever...the hook size must be a 12 or something...I would never be able to see what I was doing! Cheesy

You have made so many cute things there...so many...

redstar--I loved the peacock earrings...jillybea ns is such a gracious swapper...we have all made oopsies so no worries! Cheesy

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Abbeeroad
Tutorial Contributor

Liberal Tie-Dyed Tree Hugger

« Reply #2507 on: April 23, 2012 02:18:54 PM »

Wow, skittlebub, awesome embroidery!!  Love the personalized robes the best I think!

I had another craft day with friends and made a t-shirt necklace:

It was super easy and fun!  I love crafty get togethers!

AND -- I received the most excellent prize from alwaysinmyroom today!!!

A wonderful note, some embroidery floss (can never have enough!), one of those awesome pin cushions she posted (I own zero pin cushions - this is MUCH needed!!), and four amazingly perfect fabrics!!!

Close up of fabrics, because they are just too cool:

These are screaming quilt for my son!  jennieingram sent me some excellent quilting instructions a while ago...now I have the perfect fabrics to use!

This was such a wonderfully personal prize, I could not have chosen better myself!  Thanks AIMR for being such a thoughtful prize giver!  You rock!  Grin Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

« Reply #2508 on: April 23, 2012 04:33:43 PM »

Yay!  You received already!

Your little guy is just so lucky to have such a crafty mom!

Glad you like the fabrics...they are fun and a quilt would be perfect! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bookstorebabe

Girl Genius! Kaja&Phil Foglio

« Reply #2509 on: April 23, 2012 04:59:37 PM »

Eeee! I LOVE that fabric! Robots and circuit board and gears? That will make an awesome quilt! Even the scraps left from using that would be cool for covering buttons or making bookmarks. What a neat prize package! And the pincushion is so pretty. Alwaysinmyroom rocks!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

"If you're going to go for tech that doesn't exist,think Willy Wonka,not Hoover!" Firefairy@ craftster
http://StudioLTD@etsy.com. Coupon code craftster,10%
http://www.pinterest.com/studioltd60/
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 249 250 [251] 252 253 ... 436 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Photograph Water Movement Part 1/2
How to Photograph Water Movement Part 2/2
How to Keep Your Images Simple
How to Use a Lensbaby
How to Create a Thread Through your Images
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Melted Crayon Painting
More Art, Less Craft
Meatless Monday: No Bake Lime Cheesecake

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...