A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 304,869
Currently Running With Scissors:
453 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 230 231 [232] 233 234 ... 436
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 50 Projects 2012--Join here and post your lists !  (Read 568332 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Smeddley
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2310 on: April 07, 2012 08:43:50 AM »

I've been so horrible about commenting, but I've seen everything and one day soon I'm going back through the thread and pinning about a billion things that I love... because I need more craft stuff, right?

I've tried two things (non-pictured) from Pinterest that were interesting - one was the baking soda cleaner for your oven (works really well for non-self-cleaned bits, as long as it's still greasy, but will not work to try to get residue left from self-cleaning off) and the other was re-growing green onions in a glass jar in the kitchen (works, but your kitchen continues to smell like fresh-cut green onions for some time).

And these are some of the March projects I did:

For the Creepy Cute Swap I made:

#20 Bob the Blood Drop-

He's my own pattern, I use him as a squeezy when I go donate blood.  But he also looks cute just sitting there.

#21 - Blood Drop Necklace

(Bunnicula not included)

#22 - Skeleton Bride and Groom from the book Creepy Cute Crochet.  I'm having a hard time with that book, I've gone over and over it and the charts don't seem to match the written descriptions (though they both do work out, they just seem... opposite?).  Plus, it seems there are stitches added when you join the rounds by crocheting in the joining stitches, which I haven't seen before.  But they are cute designs, and I can make it work out!

#23 - Yaaaaaaaarn holders

Not a picture of the finished product, because once you wrap this around the container it's impossible to see the whole stencil.  I buy the fruit and nut tubs from Target, soak off the label, then drill a hole in the screw-on lid.  It works perfectly for balls of yarn!  I use an Xacto knife to widen/smooth the hole to not catch the yarn.  They are too short for skeins, so I use my 2-liter bottles with zippers for those.  Keeps your yarn from running away and, more importantly, reduces the amount of dog hair it picks up.

#24 - Zendoodled boxes

For my mom's birthday presents, I doodled, then folded boxes.  They aren't huge, the six matching ones are holding tubes of watercolor paint and the long one is paintbrushes, but they took forever to do.

I still have the second half of March to post, though I'm waiting for a swap package to arrive/be posted before I do.  I only did four more things in March, but I"m pretty happy with my progress... except I keep signing up for swaps and doing fun NEW things instead of completing the stuff I have already started!
« Last Edit: April 07, 2012 08:52:29 AM by Smeddley » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Eclectic Dreamer

There's power in an unwritten page.

View Profile
« Reply #2311 on: April 07, 2012 01:02:23 PM »

Smeddley: I completely understand the swap dilemma. I tried really really hard to not do any more swaps... so I'm only signed up for 2 at the moment Smiley I think it should count as progress. And I love that squeezie blood-drop! He's cute.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2012 01:11:43 PM by Eclectic Dreamer » THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.etsy.com/people/ShahanaKhan/favorites
http://pinterest.com/3pomegranates

Writing Magic - NaNoWriMo 2013 Swap: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=426706.0#axzz2cCRJhOrK

My new motto/mantra: "Eat. Rest. Be well of heart. Keep breathing."
whatthepuck
« Reply #2312 on: April 07, 2012 02:46:35 PM »

I love the zendoddled boxes.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Vintage Etsy ~ Blog

Swaps:
Fall/Character Ninni
Oct ATC
Secret Santa
4x6 Art

Anyone interested in a [urlhttp://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=436301.0]Secret Santa Swap[/url]
meleriffic
Global Moderator
Clothing Moderator
Toys, Dolls, & Playthings Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2313 on: April 07, 2012 06:27:27 PM »

mama24boyz- You're a crocheting machine. And the taggie blanket is very cute.

Eclectic Dreamer- Love that hat. It is so cute.

Smeddley- Bob the drop of blood is such a cool idea (and he's pretty cute too).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
J_Kieviet

« Reply #2314 on: April 07, 2012 09:42:56 PM »

I held off on claiming for a few days, but then I had to claim, even though my own to do list is a mile long.

April 8th-15th
-Finish Easter dresses {and hats?}
-Finish Easter pinata

-Sew blue hoody
-Finish red blouse
-Finish black dress
-Make Nascar shorts
-Make Black Skirt
-Make White blouse

-Sew brown felt on to castle walls

Green  = Need for Monday
Pink = Need to finish by April 20th
Blace = Need for May 5th
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Looking for Sophia the first fabric and Frozen fabric (preferably flannel, but would settle for cotton) and Phoomph.  I'm in Canada and the companies are that I could order from charge $20-$30 shipping, so if anybody can find some and wants to swap/sell, I would be eternally greatfull.
Kookaloo_Starr

the best things in life aren't things!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2315 on: April 08, 2012 09:25:33 AM »

I'm really happy with these  Grin My first time doing two at once on one needle, first time with Judys magic cast on and first sewn bind off. Now that's progress  Wink

Check out my state of the art sock blocking system too  Roll Eyes another project - diy blockers these are "his", "hers" are drawn out but not yet cut. Made from an old camping mat and hung on a knitting needle and trouser hanger  Grin

THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Use what talent you possess - the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best"

50 in '14
rockon
« Reply #2316 on: April 08, 2012 09:29:26 AM »

I have been checking this thread a few times a week and marvel at the amazing things people have been making.  I'd love to hear how people make crafting a priority -- what techniques do you use to make the time and space for crafting?  Time is a funny thing for me, the way it slips away without proper crafting periods inserted!  Finally, though, I have something to post!  These have been on my mental list for weeks.  (Later I plan to revise my list to better reflect my mental list). 

My roommate (a man with a developmental disability I am a live-in caretaker for) and I made some seed starters.  I got the idea from a tute on Dana Made It via Crafting a Green World.  Here are the pics:

C. mixing the newspaper and tissue paper for the starters:

The bowls of pulpy paper soaking:

Our drying seed starters!

We went overboard with the seeds, but it was fun!  We plan to give them away as happy spring gifts.

You all are inspirations!

Rock on!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mama24boyz

AND1GIRL!!

« Reply #2317 on: April 08, 2012 09:40:41 AM »

I think to make the time for crafting, well for me anyways, I'm a craft addict!!!  So I NEED to craft!!! It keeps me sane.  I also have a strict bedtime for the kids and the rest of the night is for me!!!  Grin

Edited to add - housework comes in second heehee
« Last Edit: April 08, 2012 09:41:24 AM by mama24boyz » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I absolutely love love quilts, do you think an afghan is a fair trade for a quilt? I'd love to swap!
Etsy
Pinterest
Mamas Creations on Facebook
indigo_roses
« Reply #2318 on: April 08, 2012 01:23:03 PM »

I think to make the time for crafting, well for me anyways, I'm a craft addict!!!  So I NEED to craft!!! It keeps me sane.  I also have a strict bedtime for the kids and the rest of the night is for me!!!  Grin

Edited to add - housework comes in second heehee

Agreed (minus the kid part)! I'll usually come home from work, have dinner, come on Craftster, then be crafty, usually while watching something on Netflix (if it's a yarn craft). Housework comes on days that I don't work, and is done during the day. I have absolutely no motivation to do housework at the end of the day after I've been cleaning up kids all day!  Wink

My main projects have been put on hold for a couple days. My guinea pig bit my thumb yesterday while I was cutting her nails, and it hurts to put pressure on it. Of course, it's right in a spot where I need to put pressure in order to hold my hooks/needles correctly. So I'm thinking that tonight when I get home from Easter dinner with my parents I'll work on either some papercrafts or some sewing. We'll see which one doesn't hurt. Yesterday after it happened I didn't craft anything for the rest of the evening, and it was hard to fight the urge to pick up the partially completed sock!

Speaking of socks, those look great Kookaloo! Is it hard doing 2 on one loop? I'd like to start making socks like that (once I finish learning how to make them in the first place) so that I don't end up with a bunch of single socks. I can totally see that happening to me. Oooh, new yarn? Sure, I'll start a new project!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pinterest
50 in 2013 18/50

Taking a break from swapping to focus on crafting for myself, friends, and charity
SilverMoon
Rainbow IS a colour!

Probably erring on the wrong side of crazy

« Reply #2319 on: April 08, 2012 06:02:04 PM »

I've been slow/quiet on the crafting front, but I have something epic to share.

I made my Skyrim playing friend a Dragon born Helm for his 30th birthday. He seemed pretty impressed with it, and kept putting it on all night to show people, but it is a lovely close fabric, so it was too hot to wear all night inside. It'll be a great warm beanie for walking to work this Winter though.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 230 231 [232] 233 234 ... 436 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Straighten Hair without a Straightener
How to Braid Your Hair
How to Backcomb Hair
How to Do a Beehive Hairstyle
How to French Braid Pigtails
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Easy Tile Coasters
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...