A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 300,854
Currently Running With Scissors:
718 Guests and 36 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 225 226 [227] 228 229 ... 436
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 50 Projects 2012--Join here and post your lists !  (Read 488254 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

trinalocakary
Arts and Crafts keep me sane

Crafting 'cause I can't help myself

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2260 on: April 03, 2012 06:01:40 AM »

I have been on an Art Journal kick lately
Here are some of the pages I have done
http://artinmybag.wordpress.com/2012/04/03/some-art-journal-pages-i-did-this-week/
The top one was part of a challenge but I am going to mat it and hang it on the wall
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Blog http://artinmybag.wordpress.com/
50 projects for 2013 ... 15/50  (Individual items finished 15) http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=418274.msg4952976#msg4952976
50 projects for 2012 ... 85/50  (Individual items finished 200+)
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

« Reply #2261 on: April 03, 2012 06:25:42 AM »

Your journal is a wonderful way to express your personal journey!  I was amazed at your "before" picture...you are doing great...wow...funny how artists think alike!  I did a journal two years ago and one of your pages has a lot of the same images I had (the one with the scale and feet!)...wonderful for you to share...

mel--thanks for the burp cloth links!  I am definitely going to make those...I would never have thought to use diapers!

k-star--it was so easy to find sock yarn for you!  I love sock yarn but I use it to make other things...the colors are also some of my favorites...have fun!

I will be doing the second half of March random post prize drawing as well in a day or two...

I was just hired to do some last minute tax stuff, due April 12th, so I will be a bit busy...

You guys keep those projects coming!  I still love looking at your lists and am amazed at the progress...and what great projects...some are just too funny!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

MissingWillow
Global Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #2262 on: April 03, 2012 07:59:05 AM »

That sock yarn is gorgeous!  Lucky you, Kookaloo!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Farm Life Blog

I'm a shepherd and have raw fleece.  PM me if you want to swap for some.
Koreena

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #2263 on: April 03, 2012 08:48:04 AM »

It's incredible how much a wrist injury slows a crafty lady down!!!  I zoomed through so many projects in January & February, and then March was soooo slooowwww.  I'm still making stuff, just at a much slower pace.  Knitting, embroidery & crochet are next to impossible but luckily, I've been able to continue hand building in pottery and have some new stuff to show off:

Here is a gigantic bowl that I made for my stepdad for his birthday~ I started/formed it at the beginning of the month and finished it March 28th.  What a process!  He absolutely loved it and I'm glad that it survived Cheesy

I actually used a glaze called "Sapphire Blue" on it, and was pretty surprised to find a green/brown bowl ~ some mistakes work out well Smiley

Here is a candy dish & a box that I LOVE Smiley

The box is extra cool because I actually used a crocheted doily to make the texture in the clay... was neat to combine mediums.  The bright blue in the base of the dish was created by putting clear glass marbles in the bottom of the bowl before the final firing...  Apparently the melted glass draws the colour from the glaze - Another unexpected success!

And with my beginner's luck, I've also created some horribly (horribly) ugly disasters  Angry
A bread plate & butter dish that look like a monster puked on them and then dipped them in some toxic swamp water

And some dip dishes gone wrong.  (This was the depressing class when I first learned that I don't have the patience required for glazing)

The white-ish side is white/goldy and the purple-ish side is purple/bright blue.  NOT good colour combos.  At all.  These pieces are all currently in the kiln being refired with different glazes and will hopefully have different results!

I have a few other finished projects, but can't find the pictures.  That's enough for now, anyway!  Pottery has been dominating my list and so I've changed my #12 from 'clay ornaments' to now read 12/ Miscellaneous pottery projects.  Should have thought of that sooner!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Make all things!!

« Reply #2264 on: April 03, 2012 08:50:58 AM »

ha ha ha monster puke dishes...at least you can laugh about it and learn

but...the texture on the green bowl and the blue doily bowl are fabulous!

I love textured pottery...it is fun to guess what the artist used to make the pattern!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

zombiecazz

« Reply #2265 on: April 03, 2012 11:33:57 AM »

Koreena - I love your step dads bowl. Glazing is a completely different art form from throwing and hand building. You almost need a separate class. There's nothing like taking your time to make a fabulous shaped piece and then ruining it with glazing. I should know  Roll Eyes glaze too thick that my sgraffito couldn't even be seen. Gorgeous coiled baking dish that ended up beige (I hate beige) and little jug that should have had black flowers with pink background, just a load of awful pink and black splodges! I have some stuff awaiting re-glazing too, never done this before, but can't look worse than it already did.  Grin

Gorgeous sock wool kookie.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2012 01:40:09 PM by zombiecazz » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ffrogg526
Stitches in the Musical Weave

I can do that... I think.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #2266 on: April 03, 2012 03:29:55 PM »

These are a couple of pictures of the scoodie I recently finished for one of my Pay it Forward projects!

Here it is folded up.

With the hood more visible. 

It's really purple but in this picture it looks a bit more blue-grey.  I'm hoping she likes it.  Cheesy

And as soon as my partners in the IYP swap receive I'll be posting pictures of those projects as well!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

indigo_roses
« Reply #2267 on: April 03, 2012 07:05:49 PM »

Kookaloo, you got some awesome yarn! I was just at the yarn shop this evening for a class and was eyeing up that same yarn (just different colorway!).

Koreena, I love your pottery! It's really making me want to look in to taking another pottery class.

I have multiple projects in the works. Tonight I took part 1/3 for learning how to knit magic loop socks. I'm super stoked about it, because socks are the main reason I wanted to learn to knit in the first place!

I've also started to unravel a sweater that I got at the thrift store today. I got 3 sweaters in light colors to unravel. Then, I plan on dyeing them something fun!

I'm hoping to use Friday (daycare's closed!) to finish up a few projects. *crosses fingers*

I have finished some items, but I can't show you them until my partners receive.  I'm up to 44 projects complete for the year! If I would actually finish all of my WIPs, I'd be over 50.  Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pinterest
50 in 2013 18/50

Taking a break from swapping to focus on crafting for myself, friends, and charity
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Make all things!!

« Reply #2268 on: April 04, 2012 06:21:47 AM »

Indigo_roses...I have purchased a lot of that yarn but not for socks! Cheesy  The colors are just so vivid and beautiful...I could live in that yarn shop...sounds like you are enjoying your knitting classes!

Wow--you are a crafting machine!  I think there are a few others like you that are near 50 or even beyond!  That is incredible!

Ffrogg526--love the scoodie...I have made fabric ones and always thought a crochet or knit one would be pretty neat...and it is!  I have a pattern from 1974 that I have been meaning to try...just haven't found the right yarn for it...I like your two colors a lot...

« Last Edit: April 04, 2012 06:23:42 AM by alwaysinmyroom » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kookaloo_Starr

the best things in life aren't things!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2269 on: April 04, 2012 06:48:07 AM »

Koreena I love your pottery, especially the blue candy dish and the bowl for your Stepdad.

Ffrogg526 nice scoodie  Smiley

I can't seem to settle to anything at the moment, I have things half sewn, half crocheted and half knitted  Roll Eyes
I might give painting a try just to have something else I won't finish  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Use what talent you possess - the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best"

50 in '14
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 225 226 [227] 228 229 ... 436 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
The Amazing Cash Cube
Sports Betting Advice
The 3 in a Row Color Roulette Bet
The Jaws Slot Machine
The Sopranos Progressive Slot Machine
Latest Blog Articles
Mr X Stitch Presents: The Cutting (& Stitching) Edge - Jose Romussi
Tute Tuesday: Imprinting on Concrete
Mmm, Bacon!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...