A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 297,065
Currently Running With Scissors:
382 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 207 208 [209] 210 211 ... 436
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 50 Projects 2012--Join here and post your lists !  (Read 538757 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

nicoleburdsall

Happiness isn't good enough. I DEMAND EUPHORIA.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2080 on: March 22, 2012 01:43:16 PM »

Aww thanks for all the positive feedback on the drawings Cheesy

And I think *I* want a hungry caterpillar shirt! That's adorable!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Every single person has a secret that would break your heart. If we could just remember this, I think there would be a lot more compassion in the world."

50 things in 2012: List 6/50 Completed

Pintrest: http://pinterest.com/nicoleburdsall
trinalocakary
Arts and Crafts keep me sane

Crafting 'cause I can't help myself

« Reply #2081 on: March 22, 2012 01:51:07 PM »

trinalocakary: those lanterns are cool! And great blog. I only read the one page, but great tip on the glass paint! And how did you get your wall black? Is that just fabric? I wanted navy blue walls in my apartment living room, but it came in white and we're not allowed to paint.

Those are twin flat sheets (though full sheets reach the floor better) I have one wall black, one dark purple and one a lovely creamy tan ...
we put them through the wash to get rid of wrinkles (never do it right out of the bag...been there) then using a regular staple gun or clear tacks we stretch them, they go best behind furniture
Here you can see the black wall and the cream wall

and the purple wall

« Last Edit: March 22, 2012 01:52:27 PM by trinalocakary » THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Blog http://artinmybag.wordpress.com/
50 projects for 2013 ... 15/50  (Individual items finished 15) http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=418274.msg4952976#msg4952976
50 projects for 2012 ... 85/50  (Individual items finished 200+)
Kookaloo_Starr

the best things in life aren't things!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2082 on: March 22, 2012 02:02:42 PM »

I finished my cardi  Grin Thanks to Zombiecazz for the inspiration  Wink

No thanks (well not much) to hubby for grudgingly clicking the button to take the pics  Lips sealed The pics don't show off the true colours or the sparkle-ishness of it. I love it and as it is purple it will go with everything  Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: March 22, 2012 02:03:16 PM by Kookaloo_Starr » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Use what talent you possess - the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best"

50 in '14
Eclectic Dreamer

There's power in an unwritten page.

View Profile
« Reply #2083 on: March 22, 2012 03:41:27 PM »

trinalocakary: Thanks for sharing Smiley I've also heard on The Nate Show that you can starch the back & front of fabric & stick it to the wall and when it dries it will stay until you peel it off. My next apartment will be so much cooler!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.etsy.com/people/ShahanaKhan/favorites
http://pinterest.com/3pomegranates

Writing Magic - NaNoWriMo 2013 Swap: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=426706.0#axzz2cCRJhOrK

My new motto/mantra: "Eat. Rest. Be well of heart. Keep breathing."
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

« Reply #2084 on: March 22, 2012 05:06:16 PM »

Nice room, trina! Very Bohemian and artsy...such personality and style!

ED - You have to use liquid starch...and yes, it does come off but you will need to wipe down your walls to get the starch off later...I did that when we rented!  Just like wallpaper!  AND, I washed the fabric and re-used it! Cheesy

k-star--love the cardi!  I am going to have to go back and find that pattern...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 Projects in 2014 101/150 ?
PINTEREST
Will swap for art
Gspinn

Crafting a girl's best friend

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #2085 on: March 22, 2012 05:07:03 PM »

The tree quilt is awesome!

trinalocakery congrats on your weight loss, good luck with the rest!

I love the the Hungry Caterpillar shirt
THIS ROCKS   Logged

indigo_roses
« Reply #2086 on: March 22, 2012 05:30:35 PM »

Nicoleburdsall, that artwork is AMAZEBALLS! If I had to pic a favorite, it would probably be the origami butterflies - there's so much detail and depth to it.

Cute caterpillar shirt! Yay for knitted cardigan, that's on my "things to make when I get better at knitting" list.  Roll Eyes I also like the little knitted hearts and the cards. I keep meaning to make cards for myself to use (for swaps, etc) but it keeps getting pushed to the side. Thanks for the inspiration!

While RL has been busy recently (you know it's bad when you dream that you're at work!), I do have a few things to show you guys.

I was in the Cushion Cover Swap, and I made two simple envelope covers with freezer paper stencils on them. One partner has received, I sent her a simple bird silhouette.

My second partner should be receiving hers in the next couple days, I'll post the pic once she does.

On St. Patty's Day I decided that I felt like baking. So, I made orange cupcakes with orange cream cheese frosting, and green velvet cupcakes. I found both recipes on Pinterest.  Smiley

The green velvet recipe made a LOT! It made 48 mini cupcakes and 9 regular.  Shocked I frosted most of them with basic white frosting out of a can due to time. But then I ran out of frosting, and I forgot to take a pic of the ones I did frost before they left the house.  Roll Eyes

I also completed my first embroidery piece! I'm not sure what I'm going to do with it, so I'm counting it as "complete" for now. I received the "Stitch-It Kit" by the founder of Sublime Stitching in a personal swap a few months ago, and this pattern is from the kit.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pinterest
50 in 2013 18/50

Taking a break from swapping to focus on crafting for myself, friends, and charity
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

« Reply #2087 on: March 22, 2012 06:19:22 PM »

Love the cushion cover!

Also, cute embroidery (ha You could use it on a car trash holder...your own hula girl...)...and of course, yummy cupcakes!

Here are two small projects...found them on my broken camera memory card!

Homemade dishwasher powder...I just decorated a simple jar with burlap and paper.

Tissue cover for Christmas using leftover cards and crochet cotton:

Wicked Vices Altered Tin for swap:
Front

Inside
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 Projects in 2014 101/150 ?
PINTEREST
Will swap for art
J_Kieviet

« Reply #2088 on: March 22, 2012 11:01:33 PM »

fabric on the wall sounds fun, of course I change my bedding and dresser toppers and vallance every 3-4 months, so I think I'll stick with the white walls:)

I finished 3 "road trip" tote bags, 1 more to go, then on to costume wear for the event:)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Looking for Sophia the first fabric and Frozen fabric (preferably flannel, but would settle for cotton) and Phoomph.  I'm in Canada and the companies are that I could order from charge $20-$30 shipping, so if anybody can find some and wants to swap/sell, I would be eternally greatfull.
mellybelly81
my handmade dream

I'll have that... I might be able to use it!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2089 on: March 23, 2012 01:42:16 AM »

ok girls... I've been google doctoring and I think I have an incurable condition. I wanted to tell you about it, as I think some of you also exhibit the symptoms... having multiple projects going, not finishing things before you start another and an unquenchable need to start MORE stuff... its called craftitis - its an inflammation of the craftiness.

I decided yesterday that I was going to make two hats for the first 1st bday in my mother's group. This little boy was premmie, so has his bday a bit before the others and he has a raised strawberry birth mark smack bang in the middle of his forehead which makes the mum quite self conscious and always has him in hats. So here are my hats, in all their unplanned, very handmade (read very imperfect!) glory. I just hope they fit as I used the 50% percentile measurement for head circumference and I cut the brown one too small so its a tight fit on my DS who is at that measurement.

don't mind the chalk marks on top!

my model was trying pull it off, so it looks an even worse fit!

I just had to include this pic. We went to visit my dad (he's a school principal) and my little man was such a big boy, sitting up at Poppy's desk!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 projects in 2013 - 6/50
13 quilts in 2013 - 0/13
Destash-along

http://pinterest.com/myhandmadedream/

Looking for teal/turquoise/aqua, grey and white (or a combo) fabric for a quilt.

My son loves Peppa Pig's brother George and Raa Raa the noisy lion.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 207 208 [209] 210 211 ... 436 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Canon A610/A620: Set Museum Function
Canon A610/A620: Set Manual Focus Function
Canon A610/A620: Set Manual Mode
Canon A610/A620: Set Landscape Function
Canon A610/A620: Set Kids/Pets Function
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Decoupaged Table Top
August 20, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...