A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 297,507
Currently Running With Scissors:
349 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 180 181 [182] 183 184 ... 436
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 50 Projects 2012--Join here and post your lists !  (Read 549434 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

cinnamon teal
« Reply #1810 on: March 02, 2012 12:38:31 PM »

March Progress Report!

- There's a tornado watch here today and it turned into a tornado warning for a little while. Boo. But, it was a great excuse to head to the basement and get some sanding done on my dresser. So far, I have most of the big parts all sanded and it's just the curves and details that need more attention.
- Finished a couple more pairs of socks. Pics will be up once I wrangle my hubby into taking photos.
- Sprouting some seeds for my garden! The lettuce and spring kale are both up. So exciting!
- Working away on my first embroidery! I wanted to have it finished for February, but it's slower going than I thought it would be.
- Still knitting away on my sky scarf. The scrap of orange yarn marks the end of January.

:::: Catching up on all your awesomeness! ::::

fantasticmio: Your crazy ruffly scarf is so much fun!
Kookaloo_Starr: Great swap goodies! I love the bohemian wrap. So pretty! Also, your crocheted bunting is really cute!
cursive_queen: Great job on the scarf! I love the color and it looks so warm and cozy!
MissingWillow: Holy crap! Your zombie advent calendar is amazing!
kwiltykate: Love the wrist warmers! The owls are adorable!
luckdragon: So much great stuff! I love the theater goodies and the obi but my favorite is the hoopla!
yofi: Lots of great stuff! I love the hats, the cowl with the buttons and the valentines decorations.
mama24boyz: I love that crocodile stitch shawl! So pretty!
katara: Wee house is amazing!
Gspinn: Your hat looks great! The stitches look so perfect!
ZombieLili: Love your spiderman! He looks great!
skittlebub: So much great stuff! I love all the bags and the tardis and mario hooplas.
mellybelly81: The taggie is adorable! I love that pirate fabric.
meleriffic: Pink blanket is really cute. I love the giraffes.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

v3nu5
"Imagination is more important than knowledge." -Albert Einstein

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1811 on: March 02, 2012 02:32:25 PM »

Amigurumis are always on my list. Grin Here's what February brought. Futurama's Fry & Leela.

Picture of WIP

Link to Coolness!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ChrisSews
« Reply #1812 on: March 02, 2012 06:39:30 PM »

Feb was a low volume crafting month for me.  I have been doing tons of cooking.  I got a new book all about traditional ways to preserve meat, Charcuterie: The Craft of Salting, Smoking, and Curing.  The hubby and I have been trying out the recipes.  We made a pork comfit (the most tender pork I've ever had).  We have bacon soaking in a cure...it'll be ready to smoke tomorrow.  So far I've done a sage breakfast sausage, a sweet Italian, and a Polish sausage.  The polish sausage is going to be smoked along with the bacon tomorrow.  I'm having lots of fun playing around with making the sausages and it is a new skill to learn but I'm not really counting cooking toward by 50 projects list.     

I did get a couple of swap items done....

Kitty for the Stuffed Animal Swap

A pencil skirt and wood carved ukelele neck for the OWS....forgot to take a pic of the skirt and the neck is in transit so I'll add pics later.

Here are a couple of swap items I actually made in Jan but never posted pics of.

A WA themed embroidery done by machine in a thread painting/free motion embroidery style.

And some flower headbands.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my projects, ideas, and swap wish list at...
http://pinterest.com/cmsargent/
mama24boyz
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

AND1GIRL!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1813 on: March 02, 2012 06:50:44 PM »

And your headbands were for a swap with someone in this craftalong!!  Grin  We love them!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I absolutely love love quilts, do you think an afghan is a fair trade for a quilt? I'd love to swap!
Etsy
Pinterest
Mamas Creations on Facebook
suereal

Im not crazy about reality, but its still the only place to get a decent meal-Groucho Marks

Only the curious have something to find.

« Reply #1814 on: March 02, 2012 07:24:51 PM »

Just popping in for a few minutes to let you guys know I am still catching up--wow 20 some pages...!!!

I will get the March challenge up and work fast to get a February winner!  I have everyone on a spreadsheet now, which makes thing a bit simpler...but I want to be sure I get all of the projects so I have to review all of the pages again! 

I think in March, I am going to make you guys go on the honor system and just let me know what your qualified projects are!!!  It is hard keeping up with you--but I love that...so many pictures and projects!!!  ok--I am on page 177, so see you soon!

I am bowing down to you and your amazing orging skills.  I would never undertake a forum of this scope (Dislexics Untie!) and my jaw drops at the input here.  To the point of feeling guilty when I do post, as there is just so much input LOL.  And THEN you have contests and all to acctually encourage MORE input LOL.  Harty round of applause to you my dear Grin
Give OctoRabbit a hug for me Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

To all past swap partners....If something I made you fell apart in some way, it would be helpful to me if you PMed me and told me about it.  Sometimes, I try new things, and if they fail, it helps me to know
suereal

Im not crazy about reality, but its still the only place to get a decent meal-Groucho Marks

Only the curious have something to find.

« Reply #1815 on: March 02, 2012 07:36:02 PM »

Feb was a low volume crafting month for me.  I have been doing tons of cooking.  I got a new book all about traditional ways to preserve meat, Charcuterie: The Craft of Salting, Smoking, and Curing.  The hubby and I have been trying out the recipes.  We made a pork comfit (the most tender pork I've ever had).  We have bacon soaking in a cure...it'll be ready to smoke tomorrow.  So far I've done a sage breakfast sausage, a sweet Italian, and a Polish sausage.  The polish sausage is going to be smoked along with the bacon tomorrow.  I'm having lots of fun playing around with making the sausages and it is a new skill to learn but I'm not really counting cooking toward by 50 projects list. 

My Hub and I tried smoking some bacon last fall.  We did 2 batches before we suddenly bought a house (long story).  We just used salt and herbs and such.  The first batch was all most inedible salty.  We soaked it in water and changed it every few hours for a day and it got a bit better.

And personally I think you SHOULD count learning Charcuterie (hope I used that right..)as a least one of your 50!  There are food forums here, so as long as it is covered in craftsters, I think at least, it counts.  After all it sounds like your putting a great deal of effort into it, and that is part of what craftsters helps me with ...effort is a good thing Grin *whispers loudly* I personally think you should count each new section you get comfortable with....but that is just my opinion Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

To all past swap partners....If something I made you fell apart in some way, it would be helpful to me if you PMed me and told me about it.  Sometimes, I try new things, and if they fail, it helps me to know
J_Kieviet

« Reply #1816 on: March 02, 2012 09:44:15 PM »

gaah, I can't find pictures of any February  crafting, so unfortunately no pics, here's what I did in February.

2 baby quilts
baby outfit
pyjama pants
housecoat
fleece pyjamas
embroidery case {for swap - going to quilted}
swim bag

maybe I will retake some photo's,but I work the next 3,so it'll be after that.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Looking for Sophia the first fabric and Frozen fabric (preferably flannel, but would settle for cotton) and Phoomph.  I'm in Canada and the companies are that I could order from charge $20-$30 shipping, so if anybody can find some and wants to swap/sell, I would be eternally greatfull.
smashu

punk rock meets saturday morning cartoons..

« Reply #1817 on: March 03, 2012 01:18:37 AM »

ChrisSews: Cute cat! I also agree, I COMPLETELY feel you should add Charcuterie on your list. I am super impressed/jealous that you have been teaching yourself techniques Smiley I pinned the book you used! My OH and I have to do everything from scratch because of my allergies and we love Charcuterie so I would love to add it to my to do list as well!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

-Smashu :[    ♥   My blog! http://smashworks.blogspot.com/    ♥   Pinterest   ♥   Projects 2012(114)

In progress:   ♥   50+ Projects 2013(Cool
Kookaloo_Starr

the best things in life aren't things!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1818 on: March 03, 2012 05:37:58 AM »

When I taught myself to crochet I was adamant that I would never make doilies  Roll Eyes it just goes to show that you should never say never as doilies are one of my favourite things to crochet  Grin
I don't use them myself although I have two or three that were gifts from fellow "threadies" but I just LOVE to make them.  Here's my first one of the year  Grin

THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Use what talent you possess - the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best"

50 in '14
rottenlittleboys

Inspiration without application is moot.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1819 on: March 03, 2012 05:58:24 AM »

cinnamon teal Pretty colorwork. And may I say I am jealous that you have two pair of socks finished? I am still on my first.

v3nu5, I love Lela and Fry. 

ChrisSews I love, love the cat. Very retro looking. Are you saying the embroidery is machine done? Cool looking.

KStarr, I could easily see all of those different doiles being joined together for a blanket. Love the color of the thread. Who manufactured it and do you know a place I could find it?

In my own crafting news.I tried to quit my job yesterday, wrote out a nice note and everything.

My boss refused to accept it and walked away. I will never finish anything this year at this rate. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 180 181 [182] 183 184 ... 436 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Coca-Cola Granita
How to Make Healthy Banana Oat Cookies
Easy Cotton Candy Fudge Recipe
How to Make Sweet Football Hand Pies
Chocolate-Chunk Cherry Blondie Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...