A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 299,125
Currently Running With Scissors:
578 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 178 179 [180] 181 182 ... 436
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 50 Projects 2012--Join here and post your lists !  (Read 591006 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Kookaloo_Starr

the best things in life aren't things!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1790 on: March 01, 2012 09:52:10 AM »

mama24boyz - lovely shawl. I made my niece a croc stitch hood, it sure eats up the yarn!

Thanks for the link Gspinn, I added it to my queue  Smiley

I just finished crocheting bunting. I think it looks lovely but I'm not sure what hubby is going to think when he gets home Huh No pics yet as I use my phone and I can't find it  Roll Eyes
not the best of pics  Sad the colours are waaay brighter irl  Grin I might add some tassels or bells to the points, not sure so for now it is DONE.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2012 11:04:05 AM by Kookaloo_Starr » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Use what talent you possess - the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best"

50 in '14
yofi
« Reply #1791 on: March 01, 2012 12:24:56 PM »

Hope Im in time to squeak these in for February!  No new crafts, but lots of red things to qualify for the February challenge!

Im not sure if I posted this particular hat before; Ill count it with the other  two, just in case.

Its the first time I did this kind of picot edge, where you do a row of eyelets, and then fold the brim over and pick up the stitches.  Fun!

6. More baby hats!
The custodian at work wanted a hat for her grand daughter, but kept forgetting to measure her head we tried a few sizes.  Using up some unknown sport weight yarn in my stash.

7.Suede Scarflette
Speaking of using up stash  I bought this red Lion Brande suede yarn at Odd Lots for $1.50 years ago --- finally knit it up!  I love how simple this patterns is, and how cozy the cowl is.

My friend Heather, modeling the cowl.  One of our custodians liked it so much I gave it to her.  Double score using up something from my stash, and passing it along to someone who will love it!

8. Button-down cowl
Another yarn and some buttons from stash.  I dont know what kind of yarn it is, but its super soft.  And I love the stitch.

9.  Heart pins and doo-rag
I dont often trot out my crafty skills at work, but we held a I Love Columbus, Ohio open house at work the day before Valentines Day.  I made felt Ohio-shaped pins for the staff, and a Valentines Day doo-rag for my buddy who usually wears a bandana over his dreads.

10. Decorations
And sometimes, you craft on the fly.  I showed up at a friends Valentines Day party to find the only decoration was a red table cloth.  A few sheets of construction paper and a stapler later.  Heres some of the table top decorations.  (We used to make these woven Danish heart baskets when we were kids nice to able to pull that out of my memory banks!)

11. Twining Trees panel
This panel is about 20x24.  It will eventually go into some larger project, but I really wanted to knit this.

12. Draft drapery
I live in a 112 year old brick house which is pretty drafty.  When we had an extremely cold snap this month, I noticed there is an arctic blast that comes right down the stairs, and hits me where I usually sit to watch TV.  This drape, made from panels from a drop cloth (and dressed up with a little trim),  made a huge difference.  Plus, the cats like bursting thru the curtain like theyre coming on stage.

13. 'Prayer flags'
I'll try to et a picture of these, because they were a lot of fun.  My niece usually oes some sort of craft for her birthday, so this year, we thought of making our own strings of flags, like the Tibetan prayer flags that are intended to flutter and eventually disintigrate in the wind.  As the biggest little kid on the planet, I got to sit in and demonstrate the possibilities.  I'm really pleased with the ones I made -- and even more awed by the ones all the girls produced.  (They had so much fun, they planned to come back to my sister's house the following weekend and make some more!)

Several more projects in the works.  Not the least of which is getting caught up on what everyone else is doing!

« Last Edit: March 01, 2012 02:53:01 PM by yofi » THIS ROCKS   Logged
luckdragon
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1792 on: March 01, 2012 01:33:47 PM »

Everyone has great projects!

Here are the last of my february projects (I have a couple more but they are for a swap and are still in transit):

Puffy heart pendant for me! (also made a red one for a teacher present, but didn't get a picture)

Glitter stars for a theater fundraiser:

Hair clips for a theater fundraiser:

Hoopla for camelama for Hoopla round 7:

Reversable obi belt for OWS 78:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 in 2012 (24/50)
Looking for a vintage magazine (1974 - 1978) that has a fabric nativity set w/ people and animals. An example: http://www.craftster.org/pictures/showphoto.php?photo=440861&ppuser=143144.
meleriffic
Global Moderator
Clothing Moderator
Toys, Dolls, & Playthings Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1793 on: March 01, 2012 02:16:14 PM »

So many things getting posted. It all looks great!

vampedangel14- is it needle tatting or shuttle tatting?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
rottenlittleboys

Inspiration without application is moot.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1794 on: March 01, 2012 03:07:44 PM »

Yofi, great knitted items and I really love the story of the cats bursting through the curtains. I can just seem them using your work as a toy! Cheesy

luckdragon, best of luck on your fundraiser. I'd buy one (or two) hair clips if I were near enough.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sheepBlue

Crafting to keep insanity at bay.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1795 on: March 01, 2012 03:46:23 PM »

Ugh I love a good stir fry...but apparently I suck at cooking it. At least the meal is edible.  Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bookstorebabe

Girl Genius! Kaja&Phil Foglio

« Reply #1796 on: March 01, 2012 07:40:28 PM »

Yofi and luckdragon, so much stuff! Wow. I especially like the tree panel and the hoopla, but it's all cool.
The rest of my february projects were for a swap-all boxed up and being shipped in the morning, so no pics for a while.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"If you're going to go for tech that doesn't exist,think Willy Wonka,not Hoover!" Firefairy@craftster
<a href="http://StudioLTD@etsy.com.>StudioLTD"</a>| Couponcode CRAFTSTER 10%
<a href=https://www.etsy.com/shop/HipsterHive?ref=shop_sugg>HipsterHive</a>|
http://www.pinterest.com/studioltd6
vampedangel14

Easily craftstracted!

« Reply #1797 on: March 01, 2012 07:57:54 PM »

So many things getting posted. It all looks great!

vampedangel14- is it needle tatting or shuttle tatting?

Shuttle tatting. It is actually pretty easy once you figure out how to get the 'flip' to work right. It can go quickly too so hoping to have something finished. well, that's the idea but I'm easily distracted so I'm going a bit slow. I did start on the second round of what I'm hoping will be a doily. I'm sure there is an easier way to do it than what I'm doing but I was too lazy to look for a vid on it XD
THIS ROCKS   Logged

smashu

punk rock meets saturday morning cartoons..

« Reply #1798 on: March 01, 2012 08:57:52 PM »

Kookaloo_Starr: Those spiral socks are so pretty! I love learning about all the cool knitting techniques that can be done through you guys, I really have no clue!

Ffrogg526: I hope you are feeling better or at least closer to having a solution to feeling better now. Have you considered trying massage therapy or physiotherapy? They have made my life immensely better, especially when I was dealing with tendinitis in my wrist and arm because of a pinched nerve in my neck (of course my doctor had no clue what was causing the pain either Tongue).

MissingWillow: What a cool tassel belt!

suereal: SQUEEEE! wolverine stuffie cover?? so awesome!

jillybeans: love the free hugs tee! The stencil looks really crisp

Smeddley: the hip scarves are beautiful, the colors look so pretty and complimentary. The shaving cream cards are also really colorful and interesting looking!

SilverMoon: the flower rainbow scarf is sooo cute!

fantasticmio: WOW! The knitted blanket is absolutely stunning! I called my OH over to look at it and he was all, I WANT ONE TOO!! hahaha

QueenNinjaMonkey: Adorable house! Did you make it from scratch?

meleriffic: The blanket is sooo cute. The fabric patterns and how you combined them is amazing!

rlynn: The TM wall hanging is so pretty!

MeganCrafts: The bag looks great, very structured too. I *squeed* so hard when I saw the felt kitten heads. SO CUTE!!!!!

Mrs Shak: woah, I've been doing that kind of art since I was younger but never knew it was called zentangles!! Your illustrations look really great Smiley

mellybelly81: The taggy blanket is cute!

skittlebub: woah so much awesome and so many things lol I especially love the nappy wallet, it is so chic! You could take it out for a night on the town and no one would be the wiser Wink

yofi: All those hats are so beautiful!

I've gotten a buttload of stuff done.. but it's all swap stuff and currently in the mail or ready to be sent! Smiley I can't wait to post the pictures.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

-Smashu :[    ♥   My blog! http://smashworks.blogspot.com/    ♥   Pinterest   ♥   Projects 2012(114)

In progress:   ♥   50+ Projects 2013(Cool
kwiltykate
« Reply #1799 on: March 02, 2012 03:34:52 AM »

I made some wristwarmers! One pair of Dalek ones for Aussie Swap, and a pair of Owly ones for the daughter Wink

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 178 179 [180] 181 182 ... 436 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Turkey Club Sandwiches With Herb Mayonnaise
How to Make an Egg Salad BLT
How to Make Tuna Melts with Avocado
How to Make a Reuben Sandwich
How to Make a Lobster Roll
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Mini Book Jewelry
Handmade Gift Ideas: Bunny Travel Pillow
Tute Tuesday: Cross Stitched Sewing Box

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...