A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 297,051
Currently Running With Scissors:
597 Guests and 24 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 170 171 [172] 173 174 ... 436
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 50 Projects 2012--Join here and post your lists !  (Read 538511 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

bookstorebabe

Girl Genius! Kaja&Phil Foglio

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1710 on: February 26, 2012 03:38:29 PM »

The clank was a present from the amazing Alchamy513, thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"If you're going to go for tech that doesn't exist,think Willy Wonka,not Hoover!" Firefairy@ craftster
http://StudioLTD@etsy.com. Coupon code summerfun  50% both shops
https://www.etsy.com/shop/HipsterHive?ref=shop_sugg
http://www.pinterest.com/studioltd60/
rottenlittleboys

Inspiration without application is moot.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1711 on: February 27, 2012 04:18:16 AM »

thanks for the compliments on my socks  Cheesy I never thought I would be able to knit "proper" socks but the book I'm using is great and talks you through each line of the pattern with photos of the tricky bits. Easy Knitted Socks by Jeanette Trotman in case anyone is interested in having a go  Wink

Oh dear, you will find yourself with a pair of socks on the needles in a little bag hanging on your wrist every where you go. They will become your closest companion in waiting rooms, movies and boring meetings.

Welcome to the knit side. We have cookies.  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LadybugsAndBumblebees
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #1712 on: February 27, 2012 04:35:56 AM »

I have a question.  I put myself on a swap hiatus b/c I have things I need to do for other people and need to focus on that.  But, I don't think the list nears 50 items.  Can I post what I want to do even if it doesn't add up to fifty and join in the discussion?

(I'm having swap withdrawal and need to be involved SOMEWHERE on Craftster!) Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://Pinterest.com/LdybgGrl

You can call me Queen Bee!
Or, Ladybug Girl, if you'd prefer.
Kookaloo_Starr

the best things in life aren't things!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1713 on: February 27, 2012 04:56:51 AM »

Oh dear, you will find yourself with a pair of socks on the needles in a little bag hanging on your wrist every where you go. They will become your closest companion in waiting rooms, movies and boring meetings.

Welcome to the knit side. We have cookies.  Grin

Grin
I doubt I'll ever take them to the movies as I have to watch my fingers to knit  Embarrassed I always have something crafty for waiting rooms though as appointments never run to time and I can't bear just sitting!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Use what talent you possess - the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best"

50 in '14
bookstorebabe

Girl Genius! Kaja&Phil Foglio

« Reply #1714 on: February 27, 2012 05:27:56 AM »

I have a question.  I put myself on a swap hiatus b/c I have things I need to do for other people and need to focus on that.  But, I don't think the list nears 50 items.  Can I post what I want to do even if it doesn't add up to fifty and join in the discussion?

(I'm having swap withdrawal and need to be involved SOMEWHERE on Craftster!) Roll Eyes
Miss Barbara, I don't know if I'll make it to fifty myself. I have a list of goals (that I keep changing), but making it through them? Weelllll....Maybe not, but I'll be pleased about what I do manage to accomplish. But this is a great place for challenging myself. And I'll be cheering on every else as we craft through the year! I hope you DO join us!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"If you're going to go for tech that doesn't exist,think Willy Wonka,not Hoover!" Firefairy@ craftster
http://StudioLTD@etsy.com. Coupon code summerfun  50% both shops
https://www.etsy.com/shop/HipsterHive?ref=shop_sugg
http://www.pinterest.com/studioltd60/
meleriffic
Global Moderator
Clothing Moderator
Toys, Dolls, & Playthings Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1715 on: February 27, 2012 06:39:28 AM »

50 is really just the goal we're all trying to hit (or pretending to anyway). It doesn't really matter if you make it or not. You don't even need to start with a list of 50. So please join in.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Kookaloo_Starr

the best things in life aren't things!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1716 on: February 27, 2012 11:26:53 AM »

Grin I think this puts me at 15/50 and as they are predominantly purple I guess I'm still in Febs theme too - my lovely and warm chunky wool mix mock cable socks. My feet are very happy tonight  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Use what talent you possess - the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best"

50 in '14
LadybugsAndBumblebees

View Profile
« Reply #1717 on: February 27, 2012 02:15:35 PM »

Thanks ladies for making me feel so welcome!  Tonight is DH's late night at work, and I am on kid duty and have to make dinner.  I'll post my list (and I have a question) after they are in bed!

I feel all warm and fuzzy inside!  Grin Kiss
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://Pinterest.com/LdybgGrl

You can call me Queen Bee!
Or, Ladybug Girl, if you'd prefer.
KLKing
Sewing Mentor

"Craftophrenia"~ Dabbling in Everything!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1718 on: February 27, 2012 03:49:58 PM »

Great Socks, Kookie! I just made a flower last night from my head, not the book. Crocheted, plus a knitted stem & leaf. My Uncle's sweater is nearly finished. In the armhole area of the last panel! Yay! It looks like I'll be able to return 2 full skeins of wool I am sick of looking at! Thanks to my Postal Scale, I weighed the section that matches the one I'm working on, and calculated my yarn needs. I'm  Good! Plus a couple hundred grams extra.
  Do you know how many grams your purple socks took, Kookie?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jillybeans
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #1719 on: February 27, 2012 04:03:18 PM »

lovely socks, Kookaloo!  I'm so envious of those people who can make socks!  It seems so complex to me in my head!  

Thanks ladies for making me feel so welcome!  Tonight is DH's late night at work, and I am on kid duty and have to make dinner.  I'll post my list (and I have a question) after they are in bed!

I feel all warm and fuzzy inside!  Grin Kiss

Ooo yes, come and join us, Miss Barbara!  This is a really fast paced and super fun group of people!  Everyone is so awesome and supportive!  Its a great place to see what everyone is up to and share your own progress!  Plus, the wonderful alwaysinmyroom does prizes each month to keep you motivated to try new things!  Can you believe that?!  She is so freakin' awesome!

I got a bunch done for one of my IYP20 Swap partners, and also stenciled my husband and his twin brother each a shirt.  My hubby has been bugging me and teasing me that I'm always making other people shirts and not him.  This is complete untruth, because half of the shirts he owns are ones that I've stenciled.  Anyhow, the one he currently wanted was such a super easy one, that I just broke down and made it for him.  I took a picture of it on my phone and sent it to him (he was at a church rehearsal) and showed his twin brother and then he wanted one, too.  I just happened to have a brand new light grey shirt in his size laying around so I whipped one up for him right then, too.  Here is a crappy phone picture of it (currently all that I have so far).  I didn't have a chance to take a picture of the other one because he already took it, before the paint was even dry.  I will have to get a picture of two of them wearing them together.  I believe they will both be wearing them next Sunday at church.  Silly boys.

I used a random font that I had downloaded a while back.  I don't remember the name of it right now, but if anyone is interested, I will look it up.

Oh, and I tried a new technique for my ATCs, shaving cream marbling!  Its where you take shaving cream and spray it unevenly into a flat dish, put some drops of food coloring onto the shaving cream, use a knife or whatever to swirl it around.  Dip/lay cards in shaving cream and pull out and let sit for like 5 minutes.  Wipe off the shaving cream and BAM, lovely ATC bases!  They were super fun to make.  Here's another crappy phone picture.

« Last Edit: February 27, 2012 04:26:40 PM by jillybeans » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest

I've moved in May 2013!  Contact me for my new address!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 170 171 [172] 173 174 ... 436 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
What Make Up to Wear with a Tan
Will This Glossy Topcoat Transform Your Lipstick Wardrobe?
How to Make a Macha Tea Mask and Coffee Sugar Body Scrub
How to Wear White Eye Makeup - Not Just for Twiggy Wannabes
How to Use a Curling Iron for Perfect Beachy Waves
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Decoupaged Table Top
August 20, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...