A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 302,565
Currently Running With Scissors:
548 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 163 164 [165] 166 167 ... 436
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 50 Projects 2012--Join here and post your lists !  (Read 522198 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

MeganCrafts

I can't stop swapping! I think I have a problem.

View Profile
« Reply #1640 on: February 22, 2012 08:18:05 AM »

I have also not joined the Dr. Who crew...but its not necessarily that I don't think I'd be into Dr. Who but I am hesitant to watch new shows.  I have issues getting attached.  I'm weird.  I cannot stand getting attached to characters and then stuff happening to them.  I've been known to stop watching shows because of that very reason. 

Dr. Who would probably not be a good idea for you, then.  The cast changes a lot, and most of the characters are so wonderful that they are easy to get attached to.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/megancrafts

Swaps:
Taking a break. Would consider small personal swaps.
DawnsTrees
« Reply #1641 on: February 22, 2012 08:33:54 AM »

Geez, why does my life keep getting in the way of me keeping up with this craftalong?

I just finished reading all of the posts that I missed - too many awesome creations to comment on, but know that I looked at, drooled over, and generally coveted everything everyone has been making! Smiley

My two swap claims for Feb have been received so I can post pictures here!

First - a new medium for me... altered spoons! The funny thing is that one of the things that I was most tickled about doing on these was using soda pop tops on the back so that they could be hung!

Second - these were for the wedding of a craftster's sister. She wants to have a lot of book paper flowers to put on tables and stars for the aisle. I was pretty pleased with how these turned out.

Traditional flowers:

Free form flowers of a variety of sorts:

An assortment of stars:

I have a feeling that this next month or so is not going to be overly crafty for me (why am I in school again?), but I will really attempt to keep caught up in this thread!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wists: http://www.wists.com/TinasDawn
Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/dawnstrees

50 in 2011:My List. 50/50
50 in 2012:My List. 65/50
50 in 2013:My List. 21/50
hgddm

What a piece of work is man!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1642 on: February 22, 2012 09:44:06 AM »

I have also not joined the Dr. Who crew...but its not necessarily that I don't think I'd be into Dr. Who but I am hesitant to watch new shows.  I have issues getting attached.  I'm weird.  I cannot stand getting attached to characters and then stuff happening to them.  I've been known to stop watching shows because of that very reason. 

Haha!! I feel the exact same way, even with watching new movies! It makes me very anxious and I'd rather just watch ones where I already know what happens...although I always stop Titanic after Rose and Jack get freaky in the cargo hold and I pretend they lived happily ever after...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

that1girl
i want to learn every craft there is

crafting for the fun of it

« Reply #1643 on: February 22, 2012 09:46:28 AM »

i have finished four projects but they are for a swap that i haven't shipped yet. do i still get points for them?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

suereal
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Im not crazy about reality, but its still the only place to get a decent meal-Groucho Marks

Only the curious have something to find.

« Reply #1644 on: February 22, 2012 10:10:28 AM »

Haha!! I feel the exact same way, even with watching new movies! It makes me very anxious and I'd rather just watch ones where I already know what happens...although I always stop Titanic after Rose and Jack get freaky in the cargo hold and I pretend they lived happily ever after...

I'm with you guys.  We just got Netflix and so far I'm mostly watching shows I have watched before Grin  It was easier for me to watch Dr. Who then I expected.  I think because I watched them all on line, so if something was wrong, I didn't have to stress out about it for a week.  I could watch the next one and find out right away
THIS ROCKS   Logged

To all past swap partners....If something I made you fell apart in some way, it would be helpful to me if you PMed me and told me about it.  Sometimes, I try new things, and if they fail, it helps me to know
smashu

punk rock meets saturday morning cartoons..

« Reply #1645 on: February 22, 2012 10:14:53 AM »

I started watching Doctor Who before the 2005 series began so it took hold of me much earlier. I'm not really feeling Matt Smith (current doctor) but I still love the series Smiley But Harkness? Totally other story Wink <3<3 lol

For spin-offs there's also The Sarah Jane Adventures which are kind of cute!

Thank you everyone for your comments on the bra! I've never made anything remotely like it before hehe
« Last Edit: February 22, 2012 10:15:40 AM by smashu » THIS ROCKS   Logged

-Smashu :[    ♥   My blog! http://smashworks.blogspot.com/    ♥   Pinterest   ♥   Projects 2012(114)

In progress:   ♥   50+ Projects 2013(Cool
cursive_queen
« Reply #1646 on: February 22, 2012 10:58:49 AM »

Commenting on Dr Who. I really like it (2005 and on)... but Torchwood and John Barrowman (Captain Jack)*Swoon* I was so sad I missed seeing him at comic con.

Dawntrees - those spoons are really neat!  I've seen ones where people use resin and ad things to the bowl of the spoon, but I haven't seen ones like yours!

Craft related.  I worked on a WIP while I spent way too much time in the car this weekend.  I'm almost done with another panel for a knit blanket I started a year ago when I learned to knit :/.  I have two panels left.  I some how messed up on one  panel and the cable is going the wrong way, but I didn't realize the mistake til like 2 repeats from the end and couldn't stomach the thought of ripping it all out.

I'm hoping to get started on some stuff for a swap this evening and have a dedicated crafting day on sunday to work on the swap and a quilt that has a deadline

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Kookaloo_Starr

the best things in life aren't things!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1647 on: February 22, 2012 11:22:04 AM »

DawnsTrees  those spoons are really lovely.

I've almost finished my second pair of socks  Grin Had a real lazy day today, I'm in a lot of pain with my neck & shoulders so sat watching movies and knitting all day long, it's a tough job but somebody has to do it  Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Use what talent you possess - the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best"

50 in '14
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

« Reply #1648 on: February 22, 2012 11:45:23 AM »

The jewelry box is lovely!  I know she loves it!

Those spoons are fantastic...I have never seen anything like them...also, the paper flowers are lovely--it give me an idea for a random act of kindness next month!

Love the stretchy bra...I think it is wonderful to wear pretty things even when most people never seen them...it is a secret joy!  Great job!

I should have my computer at home today to be able to post long awaited flowers...we have ONE more week to get projects done for February!!!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

skittlebub

« Reply #1649 on: February 22, 2012 01:43:33 PM »

Am I the only one on this list who's not into the Doctor? I know of it and am a fan of Torchwood, but never really been into Dr Who. Plus I think the new Doctor looks a little creepy.

You are not alone. I know nothing about it.  Undecided  I just know I see a lot of it on Craftster. 

Me too.  Huh

Me three. But I so enjoy Torchwood. Love me some Captain Jack!

I actually tried to get into the Doctor.  I love Firefly, Once Upon a Time, Buffy, Angel, Charmed, and Sci-fi/Fantasy novels are my lifeline but...  I just couldn't get into Dr. Who.  I may try again sometime.  I do have to admit though, that some of our Dr. Who fans here in craftster make some lovely tardis crafts!  There are really some that just blow me away!

Trier here as well.  Although after reading some of the posts here, I think it might be because I tried to start with the first doctor (2005 version, not 1960s).  I enjoyed it, but not enough to throw myself into the series and keep watching.  I never made it through the first season.  Undecided

It does take a while to get going in the first of the new series. Towards the end of season 1 & the start of season 2 was when I got hooked on the new ones.

On the crafting front I have just finished 10 x embroidered bibs for a car club we are in because they don't have any baby stuff. A few more days & I'll upload all my Feb crafts in one go
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 things 2013

I have a new postal address. PM me if you need it - 3/16/12
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 163 164 [165] 166 167 ... 436 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Create a Fresh Watermelon Basket
Apple Crumble Recipe
A Healthy Spin on a Red, White, and Blue Trifle
How to Make a White Chocolate Christmas Tree With Jacques Torres
No-Churn Vanilla Ice Cream
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...