A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 299,130
Currently Running With Scissors:
631 Guests and 18 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 155 156 [157] 158 159 ... 436
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 50 Projects 2012--Join here and post your lists !  (Read 591245 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Smeddley
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1560 on: February 17, 2012 02:22:10 PM »

It's getting really hard not to add things to my list... all these great projects!  I've always wanted to make sock monkeys, and that one is so cute!

Got my husband to take some pics for me, excuse the weird angle and my facial expressions (he didn't tell me when he was snapping the picture), I know it's not the most flattering for me (I hate pics of me, anyway).  No, wait, that's not me, it's... um, my friend I had over to model.  But that means I'm responsible for the wonky angle, so... hmmm, that doesn't work...  Anyway!

Project 7 (I went back and counted the teapot cross-stitch as done since I sent it off as it was!) : Pink and black hipscarf for me.  This was a WIP from last year, it's the ENTIRE Josephine hip scarf pattern with a modified tassel fringe.  It is huge.  I'm not a small girl and the thing is really too big for me.  But it's soft and fuzzy and I do love it.  Made from Rainbow Boucle.

Project 8: Red two-piece hipscarf.  Design inspired when a friend crocheted just the first part of the Josephine Hip Scarf pattern for a baby shower gift, and we were holding it up and realized... two of them would make an awesome belt!  The back piece is a few rows larger (for obvious reasons) and the ties are completely different.  Made with Rainbow Boucle.

Project 9: Ice blue hipscarf (for a friend), WIP from last year.  I thought I'd like the sparkly yarn (again, Rainbow Boucle), but it's a lot stiffer.  I also used a bigger hook, and then had to kinda wing/modify the pattern when it started to cup too much.  Slightly small on me since the person it's made for is smaller...

Project 10: Turquoise hip scarf.  I started and finished this one before the 10th scarf, but I pulled several rows out so it has all the final modifications to the pattern.  I changed rows 3 and 4 and omitted row 5 because the top center had a habit of "pooching" out a bit, then changed the repeats so the the scarf flared more (so it would sit better around the top of my hips and flare for mt rear end).  I'm very happy with the fit of this one, though it is for a friend, so it's too small for me to keep.  Ah, well, I'll have to make more, I guess... after I finish the 5 others I promised other people...  D:

Project 11: Brown and burgundy hip scarf.  For a friend.  Not the perfect modification (I changed the top and repeats on this one, but the way I changed the repeats caused it to flare a little too much!), but it's still nice.

I started another brown and burgundy with a larger hook, but I think I'm going to pull it all out.  I really don't like the way the larger hook makes it look.  Then I have a dark blue to make, and both red and olive two-piece ones (which are actually much faster!)... and a smaller ice blue (kid sized, for a friend's kid who dances with us!)... and one other, color TBD.  And then the NEXT one will be my perfect hip scarf, for me!

I'm also in the middle of a month-long art(ish) project, drawing and sending out a postcard a day for the Month of Letters challenge.  Wheeee!
« Last Edit: February 17, 2012 02:26:31 PM by Smeddley » THIS ROCKS   Logged
kwiltykate
« Reply #1561 on: February 17, 2012 02:42:15 PM »

Ooh those hip scarfs are nice!

I love the way you do the eyes on your sock monkey. So cute! Do you use a tutorial for your monkeys?

When i made a couple before Christmas, I just googled "sock monkey tutorial" after I saw some adorable stripey monkeys on a Facebook page Smiley . They are all basically made the same (body, legs on one sock - face, arms, tail and ears on the other) . There is a video on you tube too I came across a few weeks ago, would link but I'm on the iPad and it's a bit of a PITA lol.

I just do felt circles for the eyes (I trace around the bottom of one of my RA threads!) and just stitch them on with matching threads Smiley. When I made the first monkey, the eyes were already cut out for an Owl project - I thought they looked cute so just kept doing it Tongue

They are seriously really easy, I have the machine stitching done on a couple more ready to go - I figure if I just need a mindless craft to do when watching TV I can just stuff a monkey LOL

THIS ROCKS   Logged

kriSmith
« Reply #1562 on: February 17, 2012 02:47:55 PM »

rlynn - Love ethe bird hoop. He's cute.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://pinterest.com/krismith/

Would love to do personal swaps - collection items for my Duck's Unlimited women's raffle
MissingWillow
Miscellaneous Topics Moderator
Sewing in General Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #1563 on: February 17, 2012 03:01:53 PM »

Smeddley, are you a tribal dancer?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Smeddley

« Reply #1564 on: February 17, 2012 03:07:36 PM »

No, not mostly, we're... our troupe is... well, to be honest we're a bit of a hodge-podge.  Mostly I'd say we're cabaret with a bit of whimsy thrown in, but my friend and I do some duet numbers that are more on the tribal side (she really, really, really likes that style).  And we've done a lot of giant skirt numbers.  So I don't know what that makes us.

But I've also danced as a zombie and a giant bunny, so...

(if you want to see me dancing as a giant bunny: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1D_z1Wqk3w  The first song is "housewife's lament", and she 'startled' the dust bunny out of a hiding place, and then I danced to Dust Bunny Rag)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
AlishaMisha
Hi-ho, hi-ho, it's off to Epcot I go!

Tomorrowland Transit Authority Active Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1565 on: February 17, 2012 08:40:08 PM »

I finished 2 knit sheep today. I got hired by my sister in law to make stuffies of my choice (themed to lambs, bunnies or elephants) for her cousin's shower. She is putting them on the diaper cake. The pattern is from lion brand. Word of warning, the loop stitch takes forever.  Angry

*I should note that the loop stitch is a new technique for me.

I also sent bananaleg some Cherry Berry and Bubble Gum Lip Balms for her and her nieces in a personal swap. They came from the batch that I made for klg_jlg. I luckily purposely made extras in case anyone wanted them in the OWS, so it worked out perfect. I am not counting this as a project though since I already counted that batch, but my labels change, so I figured I would share the pretties.

So that brings me to 11 projects so far. I am happy with my pace. A lot better than last year.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2013 11:33:49 PM by AlishaMisha » THIS ROCKS   Logged

hgddm

What a piece of work is man!

« Reply #1566 on: February 17, 2012 09:54:32 PM »

I have a few more swap items to post, and today I finished two curtains that I've been meaning to make forEVER. When I took pictures I realized how crooked one of them was, so I'll have to fix that before I post it. At least they're done!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

hgddm

What a piece of work is man!

« Reply #1567 on: February 17, 2012 09:55:00 PM »

And EEEEK! Those sheep are SO ADORABLE!! FLUFFY!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Smeddley

« Reply #1568 on: February 17, 2012 10:43:37 PM »

I can't help it, the sheep are now on my to-do list.  They are too adorable!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Foxy Sam
« Reply #1569 on: February 18, 2012 12:15:01 AM »

Wow, was away from the board for a couple of weeks and there are so many beautiful projects that have been completed!  I have finished a few too and will hopefully load photos up later this week.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

HP Craftalong!
http://pinterest.com/foxysam/
You can check out some of my crochet projects on ravelry if you like:
http://www.ravelry.com/projects/FoxySam
Am interested in personal swaps...pm me
I now have a blog please feel free to visit and see my creations:
http://samscraftycreations.blogsp
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 155 156 [157] 158 159 ... 436 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Create Curly Hairstyles with Bouncy Curls
How to Create Curly Updos for Long Hair for Prom
How to Create Prom Updo Hairstyles
How to Do a Messy Ponytail
How to Look Younger
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Mini Book Jewelry
Handmade Gift Ideas: Bunny Travel Pillow
Tute Tuesday: Cross Stitched Sewing Box

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...