A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 296,400
Currently Running With Scissors:
775 Guests and 30 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 142 143 [144] 145 146 ... 436
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 50 Projects 2012--Join here and post your lists !  (Read 521339 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

smashu
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

punk rock meets saturday morning cartoons..

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1430 on: February 10, 2012 09:34:51 PM »

Wahooo! Okay, got three big projects done today! Cheesy

Framed bras. I had a reduction a year and a half ago and wanted to do something to honor my old boobage Smiley I did a post on it here.

Frankie Stein Home Ick tunic! (Character from Monster High that I will be cosplaying) I will eventually do a post on the whole costume when it is entirely done which is normal for me. I always feel shy about posting the pieces before I can "become the character" but I feel more comfortable here doing that:)

Upcycled corset from a house print blazer (second hand). I've included the before and after photos below. I lined the inside entirely with the blazer fabric and the majority of the front is also made with it. The purple is silk dupioni that I splurged on a while ago. Oh! The pink lace ruffle along the outside of the front two panels is actually something I've been hoarding for FIFTEEN YEARS (since I was.. 12). I kid you not. I have some really random things in my stash that I just haven't used LOL Cheesy

rlynn: The bows and the steampunky necklace are awesome!
mommasfrogging: Skeletor is wicked! How big is he??
cursive_queen: aahhhhh Lady Rainicorn! <3 You guys are so inspiring and such great incentive for me to take the plunge into embroidery!
dreadfullydivine: Thank you Smiley Um.. glowing Stark crest?? Genius lol
gozer: I CAN'T WAIT FOR OUR SWAP! Seriously... *rocks in corner* Thank you for all the lovely comments! I'm working my way through all of Frankie's Home Ick costume pieces as I'm sure you can tell lol I think that doll is my favorite too! Wink
QueenNinjaMonkey: I think the hat looks great! I can't wait to see what the camo one will look like (I'm such a yarn newb so I'm going to be soaking in all the different types through you guys lol)

THIS ROCKS   Logged

-Smashu :[    ♥   My blog! http://smashworks.blogspot.com/    ♥   Pinterest   ♥   Projects 2012(114)

In progress:   ♥   50+ Projects 2013(Cool
KLKing
Sewing Mentor

"Craftophrenia"~ Dabbling in Everything!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1431 on: February 10, 2012 11:08:53 PM »

Just to let everyone know: I went back into the first post of my beaded lamp project and edited it with a tutorial! Plus, I replaced the teaser photo, it now is larger and the background is different. It's easier to see. 
  If you want to know how I did this, it's a pretty detail tute. ( Except for actual stitch counts) That's just play-it-as you go.
  Smashu- Your framed bras are interesting! I have an old girlfriend this reminds me of! She actually had to have her implants out later.  She was a Bra Collector! Must have owned 50 of them.
   Also, I like your corset. Would LOVE to see it with a skirt!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rlynn
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #1432 on: February 10, 2012 11:22:52 PM »

thanks everyone for the kind words regarding the necklace and bows.  Cheesy

Smashu!!  You are seriously one talented seamstress!  I love that corset!  Also, I really wish I could find the time to cosplay.  I should make time for it.  I have been wanting to do Sabriel from the Abhorsen trilogy.  And seeing as how its a book, there would be so much freedom to play with the costume.  Of course, I have a little one so it also seems if there is a costume to be made...she's the one who "needs" it for some reason or another.  She asked me tonight before bed to make her a megaman costume.  You know...sometime before the ghost rider costume she has also requested for Halloween.  Wink 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

J_Kieviet

« Reply #1433 on: February 10, 2012 11:37:37 PM »

3 projects completed today Smiley 2 baby blankets and a pair of pj pants, now its off to dreamland.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Looking for Mccalls 6337 sewing pattern, if you have a copy you'd be willing to share/give/sell please let me know.  The bag costs $60 and I think perhaps I could make it cheaper/
Kookaloo_Starr

the best things in life aren't things!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1434 on: February 11, 2012 01:37:57 AM »

Some lovely new projects posted again whilst I was sleeping  Smiley

I feel such a slacker, I only managed 3 rows of crochet and 2 rows of knitting yesterday Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Use what talent you possess - the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best"

50 in '14
Kookaloo_Starr

the best things in life aren't things!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1435 on: February 11, 2012 03:40:51 AM »

Kookaloo - I happened to have DS's baby health book next to me and looked up head circumferwnce... At birth 50th percentile is about 14", 3 months 16" and 12months 18"

Thanks for that  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Use what talent you possess - the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best"

50 in '14
dreadfullydivine

Raising the next generation of evil warlords

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1436 on: February 11, 2012 08:52:37 AM »

hgddm-The little owl hoop is adoreable!

QueenNinjaMonkey- Great hat! One can never have too many hats.

indigo_roses-I think that you are my cooking superhero. Nutella cheesecake brownies? Can I beg you to please post the recipe for this heavenly creation?

smashu- The corset is gorgeous! I want to learn how to sew so I can make my own corsets and I can't wait to see the complete cosplay outfit.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Will do personal swaps.. ^_^
Whedonverse Swap Round 8: Questionaire sent!

50 Crafts in 2012~ 9/50+
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=395702.msg4714204#msg4714204
Smeddley

« Reply #1437 on: February 11, 2012 08:56:10 AM »

Love that corset!  I've wanted to try to make a real one (I've made a few very simple ones, but not a full-blown properly steel bones one!) but I'm intimidated.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
indigo_roses
« Reply #1438 on: February 11, 2012 09:13:51 AM »

dreadfullydivine - I'm about to head off to work after I finish this post, but I'll definitely give you the link to the recipe! I found it on the internet, googling Nutella cheesecake brownies. I'll try to find the exact one again tonight. Smiley

Here's what I finished last night - my first knitted scarf! One ball of grey wasn't enough, and the other greys I have weren't the same dye lot, so I grabbed some left over red from a Christmas project. My seal agreed to model for me (on me the ends sit at the top of my hips when it isn't wrapped).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pinterest
50 in 2013 18/50

Taking a break from swapping to focus on crafting for myself, friends, and charity
MissingWillow
Global Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #1439 on: February 11, 2012 09:40:48 AM »

Your first ever scarf??  Wow, you did a great job on it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Farm Life Blog  
I'm a shepherd and have raw fleece.  PM me if you want to swap for some.

Craftster has gone mobile!  Read all about it here
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 142 143 [144] 145 146 ... 436 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Laugharne Festival Celebrates Dylan Thomas
Interview With Robin Ince at Laugharne Festival 2012
Interview With Simon Armitage at Laugharne Festival 2012
Interview With Simon Day at Laugharne Festival 2012
Blair Underwood on South by Southeast
Latest Blog Articles
DIY Summer
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...