A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 297,164
Currently Running With Scissors:
380 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 130 131 [132] 133 134 ... 436
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 50 Projects 2012--Join here and post your lists !  (Read 541591 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Koreena
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1310 on: February 06, 2012 12:46:07 PM »

I love the lunch cuffs (tuck in a spare house key, ID, & a few $ and take off walking or hiking hands-free) and the paper charm necklace. Koreena: How did you make that? Is it laminated or something else?

Glad you like it Smiley  No, not laminated - I just put bits of plastic on the front & back.  I've had a few people asking me about it already -
Here's a mini-tutorial:

- Cut 2 rectangle-ish (or whatever) pieces out of clear plastic.  I used an old plastic folder that I had kicking around, I'm sure you could use overhead sheets or clear or velum paper...  I think my pieces were about 1.5" or 2" x .5".
- Cut a similar shape out of fancy cardstock for the back (not pictured, I should add it...)
- Cut about 20 similar shapes out of old books, magazines, photos, whatever you want.  I used my front piece of plastic as a bit of a template - I moved it around the photos & words to find a 'layout'(?) - eg words that rhymed or said something nice - so that each piece of the necklace would look good if viewed on its own.
- Poke a hole in the 'top' of each piece (I was very high-tech and used an Xacto knife to cut small X's in the plastic and a pen to poke  holes in the pages)
- use a lighter/matches/candle flame/whatever you want to carefully singe the edges of the pages/pictures (be careful, magazine paper lights up really quickly...  I ended up not singeing most of mine - too risky)
- Put one gromet in the front piece of plastic and one through the back piece AND the fancy paper (fancy side out)
- String the front piece of plastic, then the pages, then the back fancy paper/plastic piece onto embroidery floss (the one at the store was on wire and had bits of leather as well as plastic attached in the gromet, it looked nice)
- Attach your new charm to a chain.
- Wear proudly Smiley

I had 3 people ask me where I bought the charm when I was showing it off...  Love how $0 projects get more oooohs & aaaahs than expensive ones sometimes  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kookaloo_Starr

the best things in life aren't things!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1311 on: February 06, 2012 01:29:27 PM »

"1. Color: Red family--pinks, rose, burgandy, red, purpley red...!"

I finished my lovely pink socks tonight  Grin No pics until tomorrow though when we have daylight to glint off the metallic thread  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Use what talent you possess - the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best"

50 in '14
jillybeans
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1312 on: February 06, 2012 01:41:27 PM »

Oh the The morsbag is so lovely!

I finished my One Smallish Stuffie with a function swap and mailed it off today!  So, picks next week!  Yay!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest

I've moved in May 2013!  Contact me for my new address!
Abbeeroad
Tutorial Contributor

Liberal Tie-Dyed Tree Hugger

« Reply #1313 on: February 06, 2012 03:52:53 PM »

Abbeeroad, I do have a tutorial.  http://www.lemonsqueezyhome.com/2010/09/lunch-money-cuff-tutorial.html
I changed it a little bit.  So I added the "extension" to allow for more fit adjustment and growth.   I really like the her tutorial for the zipper.  I'll be using that technique on other things.    Cheesy

Cool!  I actually like your version better!  I'll have to try the zipper technique.  I'm zipper remedial at the moment  Tongue

ETA:  I forgot to comment a few pages ago on sheepBlue's mention of a Hunger Games themed Teesha Moore patch bag.  I cannot wait to see that!!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: February 06, 2012 03:59:01 PM by Abbeeroad » THIS ROCKS   Logged
vampedangel14

Easily craftstracted!

« Reply #1314 on: February 06, 2012 06:54:51 PM »

I made three purple hats over the weekend. I am just starting a skinny scarf with what's left of that yarn.

100_8640 by Lucky XIII, on Flickr

And my first attempt at crochet hearts. They are wonky but at least you can tell what they are supposed to be.

100_8634 by Lucky XIII, on Flickr
THIS ROCKS   Logged

DawnsTrees
« Reply #1315 on: February 06, 2012 09:29:19 PM »

My partner received so I can finally post pictures!

I made items to go into a fairy garden. I really liked how they were turning out, so I ended up making myself a similar set (but these pictures are the ones I sent in the swap)

Butterflies with shiny baubles (mine are destined for a tree in my yard)

Fairy door and signs (the signs are wood-burned and wire)

I will post pictures in the summer when I put my set out!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wists: http://www.wists.com/TinasDawn
Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/dawnstrees

50 in 2011:My List. 50/50
50 in 2012:My List. 65/50
50 in 2013:My List. 21/50
nicoleburdsall

Happiness isn't good enough. I DEMAND EUPHORIA.

« Reply #1316 on: February 06, 2012 10:05:11 PM »

The butterflies are such a cute idea! I would want to leave them all around town if I weren't afraid of them just becoming litter. Maybe I can make some out of that seed-paper and do some guerrilla gardening while I'm at it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Every single person has a secret that would break your heart. If we could just remember this, I think there would be a lot more compassion in the world."

50 things in 2012: List 6/50 Completed

Pintrest: http://pinterest.com/nicoleburdsall
Eclectic Dreamer

There's power in an unwritten page.

View Profile
« Reply #1317 on: February 06, 2012 10:18:15 PM »

those butterflies are pretty!

My partner just posted her received her "Craft this Tote 2" swap items:

Morsbag:

Recipe book (1/2 filled with recipes, the other 1/2 with blank recipe cards) and a mini mug rug (ie: coaster).

Roller Derby Patches:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.etsy.com/people/ShahanaKhan/favorites
http://pinterest.com/3pomegranates

Writing Magic - NaNoWriMo 2013 Swap: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=426706.0#axzz2cCRJhOrK

My new motto/mantra: "Eat. Rest. Be well of heart. Keep breathing."
KLKing
Sewing Mentor

"Craftophrenia"~ Dabbling in Everything!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1318 on: February 06, 2012 11:51:53 PM »

So many cute projects!  Wink  I can't sit here and list one by one, you are all worthy of admiration!   Grin  I MUST get off here and SLEEP! I actually need to SEW tomorrow. I have a commissioned banner to sew up and ship! Yay!  Grin
But I can't post it here, until later.  
  Shocked  Also, as soon as it posts, I can get hot on my bead challenge project! I'm going to Bend the rules a bit and post a teaser over there! Since there won't be any time left for anyone to copy. I'll post it and come back with a link. Shortly!
  Cheesy Oh! Dawns Trees; I'd really like to know how you made those butterflies! They would be pretty hanging around my yard~!
« Last Edit: February 06, 2012 11:54:58 PM by KLKing » THIS ROCKS   Logged

DawnsTrees
« Reply #1319 on: February 07, 2012 12:13:32 AM »

Cheesy Oh! Dawns Trees; I'd really like to know how you made those butterflies! They would be pretty hanging around my yard~!

They are actually embarrassingly easy to make. You know all of that horrible plastic packaging that pretty much everything you ever buy comes in? Well, save any that has flat sections. Use a template to cut out the butterflies. Wipe them down with alcohol to get rid of oils and then color them with permanent inks / permanent markers (just watch out since they can take a while to dry). Bend the wings at the body and use an itty bitty hole punch to string them up (I used embroidery thread and a bead or two).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wists: http://www.wists.com/TinasDawn
Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/dawnstrees

50 in 2011:My List. 50/50
50 in 2012:My List. 65/50
50 in 2013:My List. 21/50
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 130 131 [132] 133 134 ... 436 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Apply Fake Eyelashes
Does This Eyelash Curler Work For Almond-Shaped Eyes?
Beauty Test Lab: Nail Painting Will Never Be the Same
How to Create the Perfect Rose-Bronze Makeup for Summer
Are These Single-Use Polish Pods as Convenient as They Say?
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...