A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 302,794
Currently Running With Scissors:
798 Guests and 33 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120] 121 122 ... 436
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 50 Projects 2012--Join here and post your lists !  (Read 526089 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Smeddley
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1190 on: February 01, 2012 08:13:05 AM »

Oooooooohhhhh, is it fair to try to bribe encourage people to sign up for my Three Tiny Movie Things swap? Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
meleriffic
Global Moderator
Clothing Moderator
Toys, Dolls, & Playthings Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1191 on: February 01, 2012 08:23:12 AM »

Well darn. I was hoping for the color pink! I may be able to get something red, but I don't really have anything planned using that color.

As for number 2, maybe, but probably not. I really need to be sticking to my lists and quite honestly, I have tried a wide variety of things before so I'm not likely to do anything completely new to me.

Number 3. Not going to happen. My husband has put me on a swap hiatus for the foreseeable future. Not that I have time for swapping with all the personal crafting I need to get done.

Number 4. I'm pretty sure I can do this one.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
AlishaMisha
Hi-ho, hi-ho, it's off to Epcot I go!

Tomorrowland Transit Authority Active Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1192 on: February 01, 2012 08:34:24 AM »

Ohh red. Last minute Special Olympics Scarves count then!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

dreadlocklove
« Reply #1193 on: February 01, 2012 08:44:29 AM »

Latest News:
FEBRUARY CHALLENGE:

1. Color: Red
2. New technique or medium for you--you most post in another forum to be eligible...so if you normally sew and you make jewelry, it counts!  If you usually use acrylics and you switch to watercolor, it counts...
3. Swap items...yep, if you swap with another member, it counts; if the swap partner is also a 50 project member, you bet a bonus count! Cheesy
4. Quantity: reasonable: each three projects counts as 1 chance to win

I'm thrilled about this month's challenge!

01.  Of all, this one will be the toughest for me.
02.  I learned to knit and purl a few years ago and made a few tube hats but switched over to crochet because I felt it was much easier.  But given all the wonderful patterns I'm finding on Ravelry, it's quite necessary for me to relearn the basics and progress from there. 
03.  I'm currently in the FLOW! swap and will be sending out the package near the end of the month!
04.  This encourages me to keep crafting this month!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

How pleased can one sun setting make you, if you humble yourself to it?  -Ani DiFranco

Dreadlocklove on Etsy:
http://www.dreadlocklove.etsy.com

50 CRAFTS IN 2014
rlynn
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #1194 on: February 01, 2012 08:47:11 AM »

Sweet!  Not sure about the last...but red is one of my fav colors, about half of my crafted items are swap items (and about 3-4 that I complete in February are for someone who I believe is a fellow 50 lister), and I am trying a new technique on one of her items!  Cheesy

The dino hat ROCKS!

The fascinator is beautiful!!

Love the unpaper towels!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bookstorebabe

Girl Genius! Kaja&Phil Foglio

« Reply #1195 on: February 01, 2012 08:56:05 AM »

Oh, this is funny. I do make jewelry, but I made a batch of paper beads this morning for the first time, before reading the challenge! Does that count?
My daughter put an old piece of sheet music(photocopied school stuff) in the recycling, and I went 'Hmm...'
I need to let them dry and string them before I post-and hey, if it doesn't count, that's fine!
The sendout date for the Steampunk for the Home I'm in is 2-29, and if I don't send early, my partner won't have received before the month's over. Hmm, do personal swaps count? I may look into that...  
It's nice to have a challenge! I just have to be careful not to get so caught up in crafting for a challenge, I'm not making the projects I need to.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"If you're going to go for tech that doesn't exist,think Willy Wonka,not Hoover!" Firefairy@ craftster
http://StudioLTD@etsy.com. Coupon code summerfun  50%
http://www.pinterest.com/studioltd60/
http://www.gofundme.com/bvnj24,help kid's chess trip
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

« Reply #1196 on: February 01, 2012 09:12:15 AM »

Oh--I think I will add pink to the colors...not everyone likes brights...so pinks, reds...rose,in the reds family? Cheesy

Should I add romantic or something since it is Valentines month in the USA?  Romantic can be lace, bridal, etc.?

I want as many people to be able to participate! Cheesy

yes, bookstorebabe--this morning is February 1!  It counts! Cheesy
« Last Edit: February 01, 2012 09:13:25 AM by alwaysinmyroom » THIS ROCKS   Logged

mama24boyz

AND1GIRL!!

« Reply #1197 on: February 01, 2012 09:28:31 AM »

Oooohhhh, I think I only got one white thing in for last months challenge, so I'm gonna try to do all of these ones.  And the swap challenge is an easy one for me, I'm a bit of an addict,  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I absolutely love love quilts, do you think an afghan is a fair trade for a quilt? I'd love to swap!
Etsy
Pinterest
Mamas Creations on Facebook
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

« Reply #1198 on: February 01, 2012 09:31:28 AM »

I think everyone got at least one thing for the challenge.... Cheesy  thank goodness that of the 116 pages I had to revisit, a lot were lists...February and forward are usually easier since not as many people join up Cheesy

Whew...I wanted to get some stats as well...like total projects!  You guys are crazy busy!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ChrisSews
« Reply #1199 on: February 01, 2012 09:37:30 AM »

Love your un-paper towels, ChrisSews!  I need to figure out how to make some without a serger.  What kind of fabric did you use for them?

I used birdseye cotton.  It's the same material that's used for traditional trifold diapers so you can usually find it at shops that sell diapering materials.  It's really absorbent so that's the advantage of using it over other types of material.  I've ordered mine from a couple of places online.  I've also made them with one side flannel and the other birdseye.  Lots of sewing machines have a fake serger stitch or and overlock stitch, I bet something like that would work for the edges.  You could also sew them inside out, turn them, and then just topstitch around the edges.  

Feb challenge sounds fun.  
I have several swaps I'm participating in so I should have some things to include in that category.
I also have a few items on my list that I need to make from red material.  Maybe those will get bumped up in priority.  
Something new...hummm, I've been trying not to pick up any new crafts.  I already have too many and the last thing I need is sucked into a new craft the requires new supplies.  But maybe there are some techniques I haven't tried that go along with crafts I already do.  I have been wanting to try some beaded embroidery and I do have all the supplies for that.  
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my projects, ideas, and swap wish list at...
http://pinterest.com/cmsargent/
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120] 121 122 ... 436 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Beauty Master Class with Michelle Phan
Pretty Amazing Photoshoot Makeovers
Try This Light, Fresh Look For Spring
Drink Your Way to Younger Looking Skin With Taut Collagen
Celeb Beauty Bag: Ariel Winter, Skyler Samuels, Naomi Scott
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament
Cardboard Tube? Craft Supply!
Spotlight on: Art Dolls

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...