A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 308,224
Currently Running With Scissors:
434 Guests and 16 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 115 116 [117] 118 119 ... 434
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 50 Projects 2012--Join here and post your lists !  (Read 878755 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

SilverMoon
Rainbow IS a colour!

Probably erring on the wrong side of crazy

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1160 on: January 31, 2012 01:57:08 PM »

I love that snake - such tiny stiches, wow!  Shocked

I have made 6 patches above and beyond what I needed for the TM patch swap, but nothing else. Those little buggers are addictive and so much easier to do while I watch tv than crochet - especially now, while we have the "off" season, with nothing but repeats on tv, because DP has been taking advantage of his brand new set top box with usb stick to go through all the tv shows we had on the computer. I feel that watching a season of Warehouse 13, 2 of Haven and almost 3 so far of Eureka should be some kind of project, because it certainly eats into my crafting time!

Oh well, Nerd Wars challenges are announced later today, so it'll be back to Ravelry sanctioned crafts for me!

Oh, and Jillybeans, when this one gets wrapped up, there will be another TM patch swap, this time ongoing like the ATC swaps, so you won't have to miss out for long Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

♥ Susan

Pinterest
jillybeans
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #1161 on: January 31, 2012 02:10:46 PM »

I don't have the official post up for my husband's that I finished this morning (since I'm at work and my camera is at home), so here is the picture I snapped this morning on my phone:

And here are a few progress shot on the TM HP tote I am working on for my SIL.  This is my first time doing these patches, and they are a lot of fun to do!

I started this tote right when the TM swap closed and now I have the front and back patches all stitched together.  I'm currently working on the sides and the bottom of the bag.  One of the sides is gonna say "Harry Potter".  I have the freezer paper stencil all cut out for it at home but didn't have time to paint the patch in this morning.

Oh, and Jillybeans, when this one gets wrapped up, there will be another TM patch swap, this time ongoing like the ATC swaps, so you won't have to miss out for long Wink

That is super exciting!  I was hoping there would be more of those swaps so I could play sometime!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest

I'm so crafty, I make babies!  Baby Bean 2.0 born 6/1/16
sheepBlue
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Crafting to keep insanity at bay.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1162 on: January 31, 2012 02:32:57 PM »

That snake necklace is amazing!!!!

And the HP Tm bag looks awesome! Are the patches mostly freezer paper stencils then filled in with stitching? The detail is great!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jillybeans
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #1163 on: January 31, 2012 03:00:39 PM »

Thanks sheepblue!  That means so much coming from you!  You've inspired me so much!  I absolutely love all the stuff you do!

Some of them are freezer paper stenciled with stitching around the edges and details (the glasses, the two wands, the wings on the keys, the yellow behind the deathly hallows symbol, and the owl).  The others I used felt as the background and stitched it onto the patch.  I did it that way because I'm still just starting out in embroidery.  I'll have better pictures when I get the bag done and make a real post about it.  Those were just pictures off my phone.  I also added beads so some of them, though its hard to tell from those crappy pictures.  The weasley patch, the key patch, and the owl's eyes have beads.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest

I'm so crafty, I make babies!  Baby Bean 2.0 born 6/1/16
Abbeeroad
Tutorial Contributor

All you need is love.

« Reply #1164 on: January 31, 2012 03:40:21 PM »

I totally agree - HP Patches ROCK!  Can't wait to see finished product!!  Thanks for sharing a bit of your process, too!  I just did my first two freezer paper stencil patches, and I love the way it looks!  I never would have thought to use felt!  Too cool!

Pages and pages of everyone's awesomeness later and I finished item #2!!  haha...I'm still crafting, I promise!

12.   Dino hat for DJ

THIS ROCKS   Logged

audio

Nobody could do that much dcoupage without calling on the powers of darkness.

keep it weird

« Reply #1165 on: January 31, 2012 03:56:37 PM »

OMG the TM HP patches are looking awesome! Can't wait to see the finished purse.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LimeRiot
Image Reproduction Techniques Moderator
Miscellaneous Topics Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Sublime

« Reply #1166 on: January 31, 2012 04:28:04 PM »

Dino hat!!! SOOO CUTE! Did you use a pattern for that, Abbeeroad?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

meleriffic
Global Moderator
Clothing Moderator
Toys, Dolls, & Playthings Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1167 on: January 31, 2012 04:38:33 PM »

jillybeans- The TM HP patches are amazing. I bet your SIL will love it.

Abbeeroad- That hat is adorable. (So is your little model.)

Here is my last project. A Castle Crashers cake for my sons 4th birthday. The color is not quite right, but yellow is his favorite and he loved it, so who cares.

So for January that makes 6 projects completed. 1 a WIP from last year, and 2 that have white.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
indigo_roses
« Reply #1168 on: January 31, 2012 06:19:22 PM »

LOVE the Harry Potter patches! Once I figure out how to reach through a computer screen, I'm totally stealing them.  Wink

I finished another project tonight! I went to the second session of the hat class at my LYS, and came home with my first knitted hat! I'll put a pic up tomorrow when it's actually light.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pinterest
50 in 2013 18/50

Taking a break from swapping to focus on crafting for myself, friends, and charity
mellybelly81
my handmade dream

I'll have that... I might be able to use it!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1169 on: January 31, 2012 06:29:47 PM »

finished one of the cross stitches I've had going for a while. It's a WIP within a WIP. Make sense? Well I have over the last 15?yrs collected Beatrix Potter alphabet letters and stitched some of them. This last one has been going since sometime last year (or the year before?! Oh dear!) They are no longer in print as far as I know, so I have got my collection from ebay (except the original that started it was purchased when in print by my gran). As a backup I bought the pattern book, but like collecting the kits and searching for those missing letters. So anyway, once all collected and stitched, I will make all of them into something... A quilt? A wall hanging? So for now its just a completed cross stitch... But its still a WIP...

Plus I've made this accessory scarf.... It was kinda a light bulb 'oooh I wonder what that would look like?!' moment and its out of stash that I bought to make a craft kit for our 4yr old niece thus the colours. Its kinda stripes? Isn't it? Smiley

« Last Edit: January 31, 2012 08:03:27 PM by mellybelly81 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 projects in 2013 - 6/50
13 quilts in 2013 - 0/13
Destash-along

http://pinterest.com/myhandmadedream/

Looking for teal/turquoise/aqua, grey and white (or a combo) fabric for a quilt.

My son loves Peppa Pig's brother George and Raa Raa the noisy lion.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 115 116 [117] 118 119 ... 434 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Scrap Busting Artwork
Let's Monkey Around!
Meatless Monday: Lemon Cornmeal Waffles

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...