A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 297,210
Currently Running With Scissors:
545 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 115 ... 436
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 50 Projects 2012--Join here and post your lists !  (Read 542753 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

sheepBlue
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Crafting to keep insanity at bay.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1120 on: January 30, 2012 03:53:10 PM »

I'm curious why starting at the 9th Doctor? I've, admittedly, never watched any of the DH shows though considering its prolific influence here and otherwise I should just give it a go, but considering its history and long run I have a hard time figuring out where's the logical place to start. I'm one of those people that has to start from the beginning so I can get all the references and whatnot lol.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

audio
Nobody could do that much dcoupage without calling on the powers of darkness.

Galactic Empress Audrey The Nerdy

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1121 on: January 30, 2012 04:00:26 PM »

I'm curious why starting at the 9th Doctor? I've, admittedly, never watched any of the DH shows though considering its prolific influence here and otherwise I should just give it a go, but considering its history and long run I have a hard time figuring out where's the logical place to start. I'm one of those people that has to start from the beginning so I can get all the references and whatnot lol.

Well if you wanted to start at the beginning you certainly could but I've found it hard to find all of the episodes and be able to watch them in order (and so far from what i've watched it wasn't as entertaining for me sry and old school who fans). Since the newer Doctor Who came out it's sort of like it's own story. You don't need to have watched the previous eight doctors to understand. Anything that is referenced from the earlier series are usually explained enough that you can understand what is going on. But I think most of the newer who fans started with nine, and why would you want to start at one when it would take forever to get to the fabulous tenth doctor, David Tennant! lol! Apparently I'm really passionate about this!

Oh and another comment for Nooo! I freaking love the bee notebook! It's SO PERFECT!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SilverMoon

Rainbow IS a colour!

Probably erring on the wrong side of crazy

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1122 on: January 30, 2012 04:02:18 PM »

So is DP. Be warned - starting from the very beginning means over 600 episodes, from memory - 26 seasons (201 Gb of downloads if you can't find a comprehensive dvd collection with episodes in order, like I couldn't) and that's just to bring you up to 1989, where it "ended" - then in 2005 they started up again with the 9th doctor, which is why most sane people start there. Apparently it doesn't really reference the old series at all. I wouldn't know - I'm not allowed to watch the new one yet.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rottenlittleboys

Inspiration without application is moot.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1123 on: January 30, 2012 04:03:44 PM »

My crafting this past weekend has not been nearly as productive as I would have liked it to be.  Sad  My embroidery and my crochet are irritating my wrist.  It doesn't hurt to actually do the craft but afterwards it hurts to bend my wrist...  soooo not a fan of this!!  :/  Hoping to work on the second afghan square or the back of the embroidery tonight.

Have you tried wearing a compression like brace while you are working?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rlynn
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #1124 on: January 30, 2012 04:04:07 PM »

So many good things posted.

Alwaysinmyroom, I love the idea of a rewards card holder.  I always lose mine in my bag.  Oh and yeah...spoonflower fabric would make me work awful hard.  Even just a fat quarter.  

redstar13, that hoodie rocks.  Aria is still excited about it.  Cheesy  Thank you so much for such a thoughtfully made gift.  

sheepBlue, love the trophy!

Nooo...I love the canvas board notebooks.  So cool.  What lucky gift recipients!  

I have 2 more projects to add but they are swap items.  My 50s list is up to date; however, most have pics but the last 4 swap items.  

THIS ROCKS   Logged

sheepBlue

Crafting to keep insanity at bay.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1125 on: January 30, 2012 04:04:29 PM »

Ah good to know - thanks guys! Maybe I'll give it a go tonight when I'm doing some homework! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rottenlittleboys

Inspiration without application is moot.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1126 on: January 30, 2012 04:07:18 PM »

Nooo - If you want to get into Doctor Who you should totally start with the Ninth Doctor (2005 - Christopher Eccleston), it's on netflix instant.

Number nine was my first and you know what they say, 'You never forget your first doctor.'
drool

Hmm, where was I? Oh yes, crafting away at my OTDWT swap. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

skittlebub

« Reply #1127 on: January 30, 2012 04:38:34 PM »

Indigo - love the weeping angel!

noooitaremybirthday & sheepblue - you can start from the new doctors (#9), you don't have to go all the way back to the 60's  Smiley
There are still references back to the older episodes but not enough that you have to have seen them. There are also some episodes missing from the original series (although you can get the soundtracks for them)

Always - My list is up to date but I haven't posted pictures for everything yet

THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 things 2013

I have a new postal address. PM me if you need it - 3/16/12
Smeddley

« Reply #1128 on: January 30, 2012 04:46:30 PM »

Okay, sorry to dump this all at once, but here's my January completions!

1. Old men's button-down shirt into an apron.  I saw the picture on Pinterest, and decided to make one out of an old Hawaiian shirt for my dad, who lives on his boat and is currently in American Samoa (he sailed there all by himself, I don't think I could ever do that!).  Long story, but boaters... aren't always clothed (why create laundry when water is scarce?) and like to cook and eat Spam.  So some coverage, I thought, would be a good idea.  It didn't turn out badly for my first attempt!

2. Tassels for some jump drives.  My bellydance troupe has choreographies to learn, and when you go through that many DVDs it gets expensive (and wears out DVD burners).  So everyone got a $5 jump drive, sufficiently blinged, to use over and over.

3. Walrus.  He was a WIP from last year, and is mine to have... for no real reason.  Just trying to use (at least once) all the cute patterns I've bought over the years.

4. T-shirts bags for my (ever increasing stash of) bellydance belts.  Easiest little bags to make, you use the bottom edge of a t-shirt and you have a built-in channel for a drawstring.  These were from an old t-shirt of my husband's (hence getting three bags out of one shirt!) and the bottom edge was pretty frayed so I did stitch around the top to reinforce it, and I think I like the look.  I'll probably do it in the future even if they don't need it.  They're not fancy (you could probably do some freezer paper stenciling, if you wanted) but they do the job.

5. 3 Dotees for a swap.  I am not going to post the pics here because my partners have not received yet, but I will post a link to my blog entry:

http://smeddley.livejournal.com/535008.html

Don't look if you're in the swap with me and want to be surprised!

And a finished project, but not:

I love this little teapot cross-stitch, and the stitching is done, but it's not a finished piece because... I don't know what to do with it.  It's on a little bit too small of a piece of fabric to put in a hoop, so I was thinking the front of a needlebook or tea wallet or...?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Sera unravled
« Reply #1129 on: January 30, 2012 05:01:16 PM »

Chrissews---I love those birds. I think I need them. Lol

I still can't find my camera cord, so no pictures yet.

I finished my pillow, i am so happy with it. The front is a basket weave, I am so suprised how easy it was.

I am up to 3 out of 50.  I'll definetly be making more pillows. They are so much fun to make and I need some for my couch. I will also start on another quilt. My mom gave me a kit about two years ago and I think its about time to start it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 115 ... 436 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Learn About the Art of Embroidery
Introduction to Yarn Sizes
How to Make Plates
How to Make Vases
Glass Blowing in Red Hook, Brooklyn
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Pumpkin Spice Latte
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...