A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 300,941
Currently Running With Scissors:
688 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 436
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 50 Projects 2012--Join here and post your lists !  (Read 594522 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

AlishaMisha
Hi-ho, hi-ho, it's off to Epcot I go!

Tomorrowland Transit Authority Active Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #710 on: January 14, 2012 11:45:45 AM »

My cousin's having twin girls in June, so here's one of the baby gifts:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v347/kksimone/IMG_0030.jpg

The pattern's available on Lion Brand's website.  I tried holding two strands together and just got annoyed, so this is with an H hook and one strand of cotton worsted.

It's also pretty small.  So, the pattern may say blanket, but Bunny Blanket Buddy probably isn't going to keep baby warm.  But the ears are probably good for chewing on.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v347/kksimone/IMG_0034.jpg

Looks awesome. I have been meaning to make this for a while. Can't decide on the crochet or knit version.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kksimone
« Reply #711 on: January 14, 2012 01:26:28 PM »

Thanks, everyone!  I think the yarn color is Sugar'n Cream Spring Swirl (the label is long gone as the yarn started off as another project that never got finished).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 Projects 2012 List

Craft Blog: Jupiter Star Power

Etsy: K.K. Simone
BlankGirl

im a ghost gone mad, an angel in the dopesmoke

View Profile
« Reply #712 on: January 14, 2012 01:55:24 PM »

I'm not sure if I can show WIP shots but I am so proud of my work so far. Seeing that I havent done X-stitch since I was 12 I'm super syked about it:)!

well here it is:

and a close up:

Let me know what you think:)!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I paint these little pictures with a temporary poison. each one just like the other. i wonder why i even bother.
rottenlittleboys

Inspiration without application is moot.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #713 on: January 14, 2012 02:08:13 PM »

I like the Scrabble cross stitch Blank Girl. Cross-stitch samplers always get me and I particularly like more modern ones.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rockon
« Reply #714 on: January 14, 2012 02:10:05 PM »

Hi!  I have no new projects to post here, but I wanted to say that I really like the projects that have been posted!  REALLY admiring the vest, the bunny blanket, and the beard -- did you post the tutorial and I missed it, always?  The man I take care of LOVES fake facial hair.  He'd get a kick out of that beard.  

Also I wanted to tell you all about something cool.  I am visiting my parents who have recently moved to DC.  Today we visited the National Museum of Women in the Arts.  There is a piece there that is a lawn dog sculpture that has been covered in crochet!  Reminded me of the yarn bombing round these parts.  

Anyway, I am knitting dishcloths this weekend and working on my fall-themed, granny-square afghan, just putting the boarders on some squares.  I am taking this semester off of school and hope to do serious crafting.  Maybe even be radical and join a swap -- haven't done that since I started the MFA program and took a full-time job.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kksimone
« Reply #715 on: January 14, 2012 03:52:21 PM »

The Scrabble 2 letter words is a great idea!  Well, except if I gave it to my Scrabble loving grandparents, the rest of my crazy family might demand it get taken down during games.  Except the crazy family members who'd try to say nothing and hope it stayed up.  Like when you took a geography test and hoped the teacher forgot about the map.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 Projects 2012 List

Craft Blog: Jupiter Star Power

Etsy: K.K. Simone
LaughingLark
« Reply #716 on: January 14, 2012 07:13:24 PM »

kksimone, that blanket buddy is adorable. I'm working on a couple of projects right now that require two strands. It does get annoying fast. I like your smaller version. Perfect for snuggling with.

BlankGirl, that is awesome! You are doing a great job on it, too.

Here is my first attempt at making slippers for Ian. He chose the yarn for this project, and it's a good thing that I have more of the rainbow yarn left, because the slippers ended up being a little too short. He has my big feet!  Cheesy I will try again tomorrow.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LimeRiot
Image Reproduction Techniques Moderator
Miscellaneous Topics Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Sublime

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #717 on: January 14, 2012 07:23:43 PM »

The Scrabble x-stitch is going to be amazing...and a whole lotta work!! Wow. I can't wait to see how it turns out.

Cute slippers, LaughingLark! Too bad they don't quite fit.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sera unravled
« Reply #718 on: January 14, 2012 09:05:57 PM »

Love the slippers. It sucks that they dont fit. My slippers aren't as stylish but I usually step on them to see if they are long enough, I've never used a pattern for them so they usually look kinda deformed, but comfy.

After a great sale at Joann's, I can finally finish my amish quilt. I got warm and natural batting at 50% off. I have never used it before, so I am really excited.

I should be able to finish both my lap quilt, and my amish quilt by the end of monday. I have also started on a scarf.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

waggonswest
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #719 on: January 14, 2012 09:12:42 PM »

I still don't have my list posted but I did get some picture of the aftermath of my first major project.... Our annual 12th Night Party. 

I posted the menu here.

I completely forgot to take any pictures before or during the party this year.  I did get some pictures the day after.  It is pretty sad but you can look at them here.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://waggonswest.etsy.com
25/12,  14/13
57/50 in 2010, 53/50 in 2011, 85/50 in 2012 83/50 in 2013 link, 12/2014
4/14
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 436 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Photoshop Effects #1 - Pixel Background
How to Do A Napalm Run
How Disasters Are Made in Hollywood
How to Create Dramatic Coloring Effects in Photoshop
Photoshop Video Tutorial: Chroma Keying
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...