A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 296,684
Currently Running With Scissors:
563 Guests and 19 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 436
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 50 Projects 2012--Join here and post your lists !  (Read 528358 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

dreadlocklove
« Reply #600 on: January 11, 2012 05:14:05 PM »

I received some dyed roving I bought from Zombie_Queen yesterday and gave spinning a try this afternoon.  It's so much fun!  I think I'm going to try plying with a commercial yarn tonight and will post a photo once that's done.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

How pleased can one sun setting make you, if you humble yourself to it?  -Ani DiFranco

Dreadlocklove on Etsy:
http://www.dreadlocklove.etsy.com

50 CRAFTS IN 2014
Smeddley
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #601 on: January 11, 2012 05:19:02 PM »

Way late to the party (man, the thread does move fast!) but I'm going to chime in on the alcoholic gummy bears - I've made several batches, all with rum instead of vodka (just a preference) and all my friends love them.

A word of caution, you HAVE to keep them in the refrigerator, they melt into a puddle of goo otherwise.  Also, I recommend letting them soak for at least a full week so the alcohol gets all the way to the center and softens the whole bear.

Still no real crafting done, I think I'm still in a slump after Craftember (I repurposed NaNoWriMo into 30 crafts in 30 days) and the hectic Christmas crafting...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
zombiecazz

« Reply #602 on: January 11, 2012 06:04:50 PM »

Just finished a FOR ME project (No.39) and I mean just finished it's 1:58am and I should be asleep and snoring as I'm up in 4 and a bit hours  Shocked
Anyway had a moment of sewing inspiration and I made something that I've wanted for a while....a Lunch bag with straps  Grin

It's got some wadding/batting (inside of a old duvet) in it so it's a little poofie and should mean it's slightly insulated. Blue fabric is from PJ's that were my Dad's and the yellow fabric is scraps from a friend who makes curtains.

SO happy with it.  Grin Gonna test it tomorrow.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

cinnamon teal
« Reply #603 on: January 11, 2012 06:58:35 PM »

I was wondering about the deodorant ... the coconut oil that you used. Is that the coconut oil that you can get in the grocery store? Or is it a different type? Thanks for your help!!

Yup. Same stuff you buy at the grocery store. In fact, I found all of the ingredients at my grocery store.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

dreadlocklove
« Reply #604 on: January 11, 2012 07:47:02 PM »

Just finished a FOR ME project (No.39) and I mean just finished it's 1:58am and I should be asleep and snoring as I'm up in 4 and a bit hours  Shocked

Good for you, staying up to craft!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

How pleased can one sun setting make you, if you humble yourself to it?  -Ani DiFranco

Dreadlocklove on Etsy:
http://www.dreadlocklove.etsy.com

50 CRAFTS IN 2014
LimeRiot
Image Reproduction Techniques Moderator
Miscellaneous Topics Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Sublime

« Reply #605 on: January 11, 2012 07:59:42 PM »

Love that lunch bag, zombiecazz! I really like yellow and navy together. Hope you're getting some sleep!

I haven't been productive this week. I've been feeling a bit under the weather and lazy. I'll get back in the groove this weekend. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pinterest!
My Blog!

Craftster has gone mobile!!  Read the news here.
waggonswest

« Reply #606 on: January 11, 2012 08:06:06 PM »

This thread is moving way too fast for me!!!  You all are total crafting machines.  Perhaps you should apply for the crazy crafter reality show! 

I don't have my list in yet, but I am finally able to post a project.  I've got lots underway, but don't have pics of them. 

I was working on making some more t-shirt scarves when I got frustrated with all the t-shirt bits I wasn't able to use on the ropey scarves.  So I started messing around and made some tabby scarves. 

I wrote a tutorial too!.  Perhaps that makes it two projects. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://waggonswest.etsy.com
25/12,  14/13
57/50 in 2010, 53/50 in 2011, 85/50 in 2012 83/50 in 2013 link, 12/2014
4/14
Locksley931
« Reply #607 on: January 11, 2012 08:58:20 PM »

Joining late...go procrastination.  I've been planning on joining Craftster for some time and this craftalong came along during a random burst of craftiness.  

I've also decided to add the additional restriction of only spending $50.  My stash is far from huge but I'm trying to be frugal and budget even more this year.  Plus, I like seeing how creative I can be by turning scraps and discarding projects into new things. So far, I've spent $1 on a pack of 70 hand sewing needles...which, if history is a sign, will last me about a month and involve me sitting on or stepping on at least one Grin

Planning things out is hopeless for me, so I'm hopping on the "post as you go" train.  I've got a few WIP's from last year that I'd like to finish up.  

1. Knit hat
2. Tablet case
3. Knit blanket -- WIP
4. Melted pony bead project -- WIP
5. Modify kitchen/craft chairs -- possible WIP/possible finished

I'll post pictures once I pass the "I'm not a spam bot" test...and actually upload them  Wink
« Last Edit: January 11, 2012 09:24:17 PM by Locksley931 » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Kookaloo_Starr

the best things in life aren't things!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #608 on: January 11, 2012 10:16:02 PM »

Welcome Locksley  Smiley

love the new lunchbag Cazz, especially Dads pj fabric  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Use what talent you possess - the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best"

50 in '14
whatthepuck
« Reply #609 on: January 11, 2012 10:40:50 PM »

Sheepblue--Little Bean needs a t rex wall trophy for his room.

alwaysinmyroom--I love the booties. Little Bean had a pair when he was a baby. I was so sad when he out grew them. I ended up passing them on to a fellow craftster. The yo-yo pillow is beautiful.

cinnamon teal--I'm going to try making my own deodorant. Thanks for the recipe. I've been moving myself over to handmade things like that.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Vintage Etsy ~ Blog

Swaps:
Kids Craft
Altered Puzzle Piece
Mini 13 DoH
July ATC 5/3/0

Would love to personal swap for Blythe granny square hat(s)
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 436 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Avatar Post Team - Episode 3 - Process and Flow
How to Play a Fermatta on Violin
How to Play at the Tip of the Bow
How to Play the Piano with Velocity
How to Play Kings Cup
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...