A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 302,580
Currently Running With Scissors:
671 Guests and 37 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 436
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 50 Projects 2012--Join here and post your lists !  (Read 522659 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

QueenNinjaMonkey

Write that down in your pirate pad.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #580 on: January 11, 2012 12:18:14 PM »

sheepBlue ~ Love the mounts, especially the T-Rex!

Always ~ Those cowboy baby booties are so sweet!

I have a Gummy Bear update for those interested, We tried them last night and got a nice little buzz without any sickness.  Cheesy  Which was good because I used the cheapest vodka available, 5 O' Clock!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pinterest

150 Projects In 2014
8/150
My List
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #581 on: January 11, 2012 12:25:57 PM »

That is good to know! Cheesy

I bet those sour gummies and vodka would be awesome...or apple gummies...or even the gummie worms... (ha..our candy store has every type of gummie imagineable, so the adult ones might be funny for a party!)...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

plaidpineapple
« Reply #582 on: January 11, 2012 12:27:21 PM »

The pattern I used for the womens panties is McCalls 6128 , It was a very easy to follow and sew pattern.
The childrens are an online download pattern from thatdarncat .  The pattern is very thourough (sp?) and fit well.  
Whoosh just checked for the link.  The pattern has gone up in price since I purchased it.  I believe Hyenacart might have a pattern too, not totally sure.
http://www.etsy.com/listing/81887335/childrens-undies-sewing-pattern-pdf

Dollface- I love that cowl!  And the yarn is so pretty.
alwaysinmyroom-I want the yoyo pillow, it is amazing.
sheepBlue-I love the necklace.  How long did it take to make?  Just thinking about stringing so many little beads make my fingers cramp.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

cinnamon teal
« Reply #583 on: January 11, 2012 12:37:24 PM »

ZombieLili - Your bunny house is adorable! I would have LOVED that when I was a kid. Heck, I love it now.
that1girl - I love your flower clips!
plaidpineapple - I love the undies! Are the ones for you comfortable?
sheepBlue - Holy heck! I love your animal trophies! And the junk canvases are fantastic. They remind me of something I saw in an art history class. Let me see if I can find her... yup! Louise Nevelson. Just in case, ya know, you want to check her out or something. Tongue Also, I love your green seed bead necklace. Like so much!
alwaysinmyroom - Baby cowboy boots (and owl hat!) = stinkin' adorable!

Thanks everyone for the thoughts and suggestions regarding the dresser!
yofi - Yeah, it is veneer. The top is pretty scuffed and chipped, too.
KLKing - Thank you so much for all the tips! I've been thinking about doing something with a distressed look. That was very helpful!
zombiecazz - Thanks for the link! I love the blue and white dresser (second from the top) and I showed my husband the picture and he loves it too! Right now that style/color scheme is our favorite choice. Thanks!
« Last Edit: January 11, 2012 12:39:22 PM by cinnamon teal » THIS ROCKS   Logged

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Make all things!!

« Reply #584 on: January 11, 2012 12:41:59 PM »

I think blue and white would be lovely together!!  You have to do what you love...I had an old table that was passed down but I hated it because it did not go with anything I had...I finally painted it a color I liked and now I love it!  It was not some million dollar antique and it was useless in the garage..so go for it!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

.:dollface:.
« Reply #585 on: January 11, 2012 01:13:48 PM »

always & plaid - thanks! i can't wait to make more! it didn't take long either. 

also, yes 12lbs of yarn for your viewing pleasure Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pintrest
Wist

I do personal swaps!
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Make all things!!

« Reply #586 on: January 11, 2012 01:35:44 PM »

Today was Sheep to Shawl day at the PA Farm Show...it was great seeing young kids carding and spinning yarn!

Tonight we will see the finished woven shawls!

I truly admire people who alter, make, dye, spin etc. their own yarn...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

cinnamon teal
« Reply #587 on: January 11, 2012 01:43:48 PM »

Always: Yeah, that's kinda what I was thinking. I do love the dark wood but it just doesn't go with the rest of my furniture which is all more contemporary/ikea/amish stuff.

And... First project down! Woo-hoo! Of course it is the easiest and quickest of the bunch but hey, it still counts. Cheesy

Homemade Deodorant:
I've been making my own deodorant for about a year and a half now. The store bought natural stuff doesn't work for me and even the chemically antiperspirants don't really keep me from getting stinky towards the evening. But for whatever reason, I've had a lot of success with the basic baking soda and coconut oil recipe that's been floating around on the internet. Normally I do 1 part coconut oil, 1 part arrowroot powder and 1 part baking soda plus several drops of lavender and tea tree oils. This time I tried adding some shea butter to see if it would give it a bit more of a lotion feel. Hopefully it works!

Tried and True DIY Deodorant Recipe

1/4 cup arrowroot powder (found at health food stores. can also substitute corn starch)
1/4 cup baking soda
1/4 cup coconut oil (4 tablespoons - sometimes tablespoons are just easier to measure with)
10-15 drops essential oils. I like tea tree and lavender. They have nice antibacterial properties.

Put the coconut oil, arrowroot powder and baking soda in a small sauce pan over very low heat. Stir until the oil is melted and combined with the powders. Don't over heat. Remove from the heat and stir in the essential oils. Pour into a jar and let it cool. It'll take a few hours at room temperature before it firms up all the way. During that time, give it a little shake every so often to keep it from separating as it cools.

time: 10-20 minutes
makes about 3/4 cup which last me months
To use, scoop out a small amount (pea sized) and rub it into each armpit like a lotion. It'll melt on your skin, so don't use too much or it'll drip.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2012 02:36:33 PM by cinnamon teal » THIS ROCKS   Logged

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Make all things!!

« Reply #588 on: January 11, 2012 01:51:19 PM »

Do you have a link?  I do not want all of the chems they put in deodorant but I do not want to offend with BO either!

Let us know if it works! Cheesy (cos we can't really smell on the internet yet...)

ohh--if any one has a two year old child...a girl?...could you please let me know how many inches her feet are?  I know all kids are different, so I just need a range...thanks!
« Last Edit: January 11, 2012 01:52:29 PM by alwaysinmyroom » THIS ROCKS   Logged

rantyhippie
Carnivore Extrordinaire

Drunken Crafter

View Profile
« Reply #589 on: January 11, 2012 02:02:08 PM »

I need to learn how to make my own deoderant. I am allergic to anti-persperants (as in last time I used them I landed in the ER), and the store bought stuff is just not cutting it for me. How long does it take to make and how much does it make?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Do you have some spare roving you're willing to part with? Wanna do a personal swap? PM me!

Respect ghosts and gods, but keep away from them -Confucius
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 436 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Martin Leicht and Isla Neal on the Inspiration Behind "Mothership"
Mark Nepo on His Book "Seven Thousand Ways to Listen"
Susannah Cahalan on Her Book "Brain on Fire: My Month of Madness"
Sheryl Brady Presents Her Book "You Have It In You"
Alfie Boe Discusses His Autobiography, "My Story"
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...