A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 296,586
Currently Running With Scissors:
504 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 436
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 50 Projects 2012--Join here and post your lists !  (Read 525918 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

cinnamon teal
« Reply #490 on: January 09, 2012 03:17:37 PM »

The vodka gummies sound amazing! I'd love to hear how they taste and if they're as awesome in real life as they look.
The pumpkin roll looks delicious, too! Do you have to do anything special with the walnuts before you can eat them?

And... I need some advice. Here's the dresser I picked up yesterday. I love her! She reminds me of something you would find in a pirate captain's cabin. But she's in desperate need of some refinishing. And, well, she's way more traditional than the rest of my furniture. So I'm thinking about painting part of it white and leaving the rest with natural wood showing, like this one. Do you think that sort of look would work on this style? Or would you do something totally different?

THIS ROCKS   Logged

sheepBlue
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Crafting to keep insanity at bay.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #491 on: January 09, 2012 03:40:24 PM »

ach! I've been such a horrible commenter so far. Not to mention I dont know why but I've been missing some people's updates - my link just skips down a couple of entries or so. Either its weird, or I'm just disfunctional via computer lately or something. Anyway I've been so busy and now I'm just wiped! Oddly enough vegging out on the couch now I feel like going back and singing praises! haha

Nooo - I love all your stuff so far! I can always tell its yours because anything you make is so colorful and fun! (much like my stuff, no? haha). Your crown is awesome! May you wear it and reign for many years to come!

MissingWillow - Love the art doll! Your embroidery looks dang good from the picture! And I love the expression on your cat's face - you have so many animals that love to ham it up for the camera! My dogs would never sit still long enough to get captured completely lol

QNM - All the food you're posting is making me itch to play in the kitchen...though that can have scary results haha. Looks great though!

Also loving all the knitwear, and clothes showing up! One of my big goals this year is to get into making clothes a bit more. You guys are all big inspirations
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SilverMoon

Rainbow IS a colour!

Probably erring on the wrong side of crazy

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #492 on: January 09, 2012 03:41:37 PM »

I've been seeing those gummi bears all over Pinterest, and I've been wanting to try them too. I have a sister who made the Skittles vodka, Raspberry vodka, and even Rolo vodka (for my birthday no less) and I think these would be right up her alley.

But I'll wait to hear your results first QueenNinjaMonkey - no sense wasting good vodka!

Oh, and congratulations cursive-queen!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pincushion_queen

old fashioned, but fashionable

View Profile WWW
« Reply #493 on: January 09, 2012 03:45:58 PM »

SheepBlue, my thread keeps jumping too! i thought i was just going a bit crazy...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
MissingWillow
Global Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #494 on: January 09, 2012 03:51:39 PM »

Pumpkin roll is my absolute favorite!  Thanks everyone on the kind comments on both the doll and my cat Bindi.   Smiley  Cinnamon Teal, I own almost that exact dresser.  If you want to give it a modern update I say go for it.  
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Farm Life Blog  
I'm a shepherd and have raw fleece.  PM me if you want to swap for some.

Craftster has gone mobile!  Read all about it here
LimeRiot
Image Reproduction Techniques Moderator
Miscellaneous Topics Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Sublime

« Reply #495 on: January 09, 2012 04:12:09 PM »

I've never heard of vodka gummies but I really want to give them a try!! They would sure make fun party snacks Smiley. The pumpkin roll also looks amazing. That's one of my favorite treats.

MW, your doll turned out great! I never would have guessed it was your first.

cinnamon teal - that dresser is lovely! I think it's gorgeous as-is but if it doesn't fit your style, edit it! You could always give the partial white paint a try and if you don't like it, you could just paint the entire thing white. I think that would be pretty too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pinterest!
My Blog!

Craftster has gone mobile!!  Read the news here.
whatthepuck
« Reply #496 on: January 09, 2012 04:29:05 PM »

cinnamon teal, I like the white and wood, but I also think it would look good all white.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Vintage Etsy ~ Blog

Swaps:
Kids Craft
Altered Puzzle Piece
Mini 13 DoH
July ATC 2/0/0

Would love to personal swap for Blythe granny square hat(s)
cursive_queen
« Reply #497 on: January 09, 2012 04:59:22 PM »

I just spent the last hour catching up on the 10+ pages that accumulated over the weekend.  I saw people congratulating me and and I was like, "huh?", then I saw the front page.  Thanks so much ALWAYS!  It's always fun to win something.

Here's some pics of completed projects
The slippers I completed on the 1st (they were a WIP from Dec).  I really like the pattern and it wasn't too hard and I learned a new skill (knitting with 2 sets of circular needles).  I downsized the  ankle area from a large (which was needed for the sole) to a small, because I worried they would be too loose and slouchy, but they're sort of too tight to wear up. Ah live and learn.  They got sent with the oldest stepdaughter back to her dorm
Cuff up

Cuff down

I completed these pillow covers this weekend.  The main fabrics are leftover from a quilt I'm currently working on and the backings are from baby quilts I finished last month.

« Last Edit: January 10, 2012 06:27:47 AM by alwaysinmyroom - Reason: big pics so I can see! :) » THIS ROCKS   Logged
dreadlocklove
« Reply #498 on: January 09, 2012 05:09:14 PM »

Ok, I'm going against the grain here but cinnamon, I recommend refinishing and leaving the natural wood.  That's a very nice piece of furniture!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

How pleased can one sun setting make you, if you humble yourself to it?  -Ani DiFranco

Dreadlocklove on Etsy:
http://www.dreadlocklove.etsy.com

50 CRAFTS IN 2014
noooitaremybirthday
Tutorial Contributor

You don't have to type the whole thing...Call me Nooo :D

I've gone through like 5 gluesticks this week...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #499 on: January 09, 2012 05:25:03 PM »

Ok, I'm going against the grain here but cinnamon, I recommend refinishing and leaving the natural wood.  That's a very nice piece of furniture!

I'd have to agree with dreadlock! I love the dark wood look Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 436 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Sweet Peach Cake Recipe
How to Make Chocolate Mint Ice Cream Sandwiches With John Barricelli
Banana Flambe Dessert Recipe
Velvety Chocolate Pudding Recipe
White Chocolate and Raspberry Cookies Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Art Dolls
Meatless Monday: Texas Pecan Pesto
@Home This Weekend: Celebrate Your State

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...