A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 304,842
Currently Running With Scissors:
399 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 436
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 50 Projects 2012--Join here and post your lists !  (Read 567610 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

plaidpineapple
« Reply #440 on: January 08, 2012 06:04:19 PM »

Nooo-love the garland!
Sheepblue, amazing bags!
Limeriot, I adore the dog collar.  And the sweater vest is so gorgeous.  The colors and design i love it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

plaidpineapple
« Reply #441 on: January 08, 2012 06:10:55 PM »

I have completed some projects that I have wanted to do for a long time now.
First up-something white.  I almost bought some earring holders online but I have been trying to "use what I have".  So I looked around and found these white frames buried deep in storage.  Then I remembered this light linen I received that use to be my grandmothers, before she passed away.  So My sentimental earring holder was born.   For the earrings holder I just cut that plastic mesh needlework canvas to the frame inside size and then hut glued the fabric around and all of it into the frame.  I am going to get a little frame easel to rest it on to be able to easily access the front and back.   
2- Then  I completed some earrings for Myself.  I remembered why I have not delved into my beads for so long.  I am so indecisive when it comes to making jewelry.  These 7 pair took me almost a whole day to create.

3-I made some napkins, placemats and a tablerunner.  I have had the fabric for a year almost and basically all there was to do was hem.  It came with the embroidery already done.  So nice to have finally put the fabric to use.  The color in the photo is off it is actually a very nice red with white accents.

Lastly I was able to cross one more item off of my crafting wish list-  A headband organizer.  I spray painted an empty oatmeal canister.  I need to eat a lot of oatmeal though because I think I need 2 more to have enough for all my headbands. Between my daughter and I we have a lot of headbands.   The Headband holder, when I find the lid will either contain extra tp or be a place to put bows etc in.

2 challenge items done (white and self), 3 to go.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2012 06:13:04 PM by plaidpineapple » THIS ROCKS   Logged

mama24boyz
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

AND1GIRL!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #442 on: January 08, 2012 06:14:31 PM »

Tesha Moore stuff is always so nice, yours is awesome!!

LimeRiot I love the baby vest, I have a thing for cables.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I absolutely love love quilts, do you think an afghan is a fair trade for a quilt? I'd love to swap!
Etsy
Pinterest
Mamas Creations on Facebook
trinalocakary
Arts and Crafts keep me sane

Crafting 'cause I can't help myself

« Reply #443 on: January 08, 2012 06:59:32 PM »

Saw the request for head measurements, just so happens I requested them from my sister in law over the holidays for some holiday hats, hope this helps those who need it:

8 month old : 20"
3 year old : 22"
5.5 year old: 24"

Are you sure those are correct? The standard size for a man is 22" and a woman 20". Something tells me that a 3 year old doesn't have a man's size head and an 8 month old a woman's size head. I could be wrong, but the numbers just don't seem to add up.

I have a large head and it is almost 22 inches and my husbands is just barely 23.
Here is what I found at http://www.craftyarncouncil.com/headsize.html
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Blog http://artinmybag.wordpress.com/
50 projects for 2013 ... 15/50  (Individual items finished 15) http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=418274.msg4952976#msg4952976
50 projects for 2012 ... 85/50  (Individual items finished 200+)
LimeRiot
Image Reproduction Techniques Moderator
Miscellaneous Topics Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Sublime

« Reply #444 on: January 08, 2012 07:02:54 PM »

Love the jewelry organizer!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pinterest!
My Blog!

Craftster has gone mobile!!  Read the news here.
Ffrogg526

Stitches in the Musical Weave

I can do that... I think.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #445 on: January 08, 2012 07:06:21 PM »

I got two of my scarves finished today!  Huzzah!  I'll get pictures posted sometime this week but both of these scarves are going to live with their new owners tomorrow!  Cheesy  The good news is I work with the 2 women these are going to so I can get pictures just about anytime I want. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

meleriffic
Global Moderator
Clothing Moderator
Toys, Dolls, & Playthings Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #446 on: January 08, 2012 07:10:29 PM »

Quite honestly on head sizes everyone is going to be different. My son who is 18 months has a 20.5 head. Granted he does have a large head (99th percentile). All of my kids have large heads. So really, I would just make a range of different sizes, that way you have the larger and smaller heads covered.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
rlynn
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #447 on: January 08, 2012 09:25:11 PM »

Quite honestly on head sizes everyone is going to be different. My son who is 18 months has a 20.5 head. Granted he does have a large head (99th percentile). All of my kids have large heads. So really, I would just make a range of different sizes, that way you have the larger and smaller heads covered.

Yep, yep...and as I already said but it got buried my daughter who measures at exactly the 50th percentile for her age and is not quite 4...has a 20 inch head so that chart...the child size wouldn't fit her and she's just about 4 and pretty much about as average as they come for head size in her age group.  Kids have disproportionally big heads...they grow into them like puppies grow into their ears and paws.  ;0
THIS ROCKS   Logged

anitacj
wist:anitacj77

View Profile
« Reply #448 on: January 08, 2012 10:18:09 PM »

I found the supplies for my next project.Will probably start it tomorrow if it's quiet.Or if I don't have to help my dh with his work  Undecided.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

look at wists for my likes & dislikes
katara
« Reply #449 on: January 08, 2012 10:55:31 PM »

Last week I did some crafting  Cheesy

I crocheted a mini dog amigurumi with destash yarn - It's a RAK for a little boy with Leukemia

I made some Valentine's Day Cards for a swap

I also finished designing my cross-stitch pattern - the old-fashioned way (with graph paper and felt-tip pens) - Now I need to start stitching  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 436 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Use Final Cut Pro 6 Part 4/4
How to Create 3D Diamond Sphere - Motion 3
How to Use Motion and Shake Together
How to Do Shape Tracking - Motion 3
How to Round Trip Between FCP and Motion
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things
Meatless Monday: Pea, Potato, Leek, Mint Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...