A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 300,960
Currently Running With Scissors:
444 Guests and 4 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 436
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 50 Projects 2012--Join here and post your lists !  (Read 595176 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

rlynn
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #390 on: January 07, 2012 02:00:28 PM »

I have a question for those of you who do ATCs - how do you typically count them in your lists? Having each one as its own project seems like a lot for their size (unless it's a really detailed one that took a long time).

I don't do ATCs but I have done some thinking about size and what I count as one project versus another.  Here is what I decided...this is really for us so its about what you feel good about counting as one.  Some projects that I count as one are super fast to make while others projects take much longer but it all sort of evens out in the end.  I am so totally not helpful... Heh.    
« Last Edit: January 07, 2012 02:03:05 PM by rlynn » THIS ROCKS   Logged

dreadlocklove
« Reply #391 on: January 07, 2012 02:08:14 PM »

I started this crocheted sweater during the holidays in December and finished it today by adding the heart-shaped buttons. 

Zoe Cardigan. Interweave Crochet magazine, Spring 2011. Knit Picks "Comfort Sport"; sport weight (2); 75% pima cotton, 25% acrylic; blackberry, ivory, peony, lilac mist.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

How pleased can one sun setting make you, if you humble yourself to it?  -Ani DiFranco

Dreadlocklove on Etsy:
http://www.dreadlocklove.etsy.com

50 CRAFTS IN 2014
kksimone
« Reply #392 on: January 07, 2012 02:10:36 PM »

skittlebub--Those owls are so cute!  My sister loves owls...sadly for her, I don't think I like sewing felt that much.  ;-)

ZombieLili--That DS case is great!

Yesterday I ended up adding something to my list.  A friend and I are collaborating on a story.  I'm writing, and she's taking photographs, so I ended up making a peacock feather crown/headband while she took some other pictures:

It's Vanna's Glamour with some feathers hot glued to it.  I did try to sew the feathers on, but then I remembered it was a prop that was just going to be used to get some pictures (that we might not even end up using).  

And just now I've finished my first loom knitting project, a pet blanket:

Since the cat slept on it while it was still attached to the loom--even sleeping on the actual loom--it is an absolute miracle that she's willing to sit on it now.

The border didn't quite work out the way I wanted it to, but that's the great thing about crafting for pets: they don't care.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 Projects 2012 List

Craft Blog: Jupiter Star Power

Etsy: K.K. Simone
sheepBlue
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Crafting to keep insanity at bay.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #393 on: January 07, 2012 02:19:24 PM »

Abbey - Here's the link to the tutorial  http://www.tamedraven.com/2011/12/tutorial-easy-shrugbolero.html
It seems really easy but it was my first time working with a stretch fabric which went all over the place. I'll be trying it again but let me know if you try it!  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pollyprissypants

I'll bet you ride a Schwinn, Schwinnrider!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #394 on: January 07, 2012 02:27:39 PM »

dreadlocklove- that sweater is fanastic! Awesome job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kookaloo_Starr

the best things in life aren't things!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #395 on: January 07, 2012 02:46:48 PM »

I started this crocheted sweater during the holidays in December and finished it today by adding the heart-shaped buttons. 

Zoe Cardigan. Interweave Crochet magazine, Spring 2011. Knit Picks "Comfort Sport"; sport weight (2); 75% pima cotton, 25% acrylic; blackberry, ivory, peony, lilac mist.

love the cardigan, love the kiddos expression more  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Use what talent you possess - the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best"

50 in '14
dreadlocklove
« Reply #396 on: January 07, 2012 03:07:10 PM »

love the cardigan, love the kiddos expression more  Grin

She loves being silly in front of the camera. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

How pleased can one sun setting make you, if you humble yourself to it?  -Ani DiFranco

Dreadlocklove on Etsy:
http://www.dreadlocklove.etsy.com

50 CRAFTS IN 2014
Ffrogg526

Stitches in the Musical Weave

I can do that... I think.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #397 on: January 07, 2012 03:22:51 PM »

I don't know about anyone else but I don't tend to go back and look at people's original lists so I thought I'd post here the things that I've added to my main list.  These are things that I've either stolen from someone else's list or just randomly came up with at some point in time.  Roll Eyes 

26. Minature Fairy Garden
27. Join a round of Shop the Swap
28. Finish setting up and add things to my Etsy.
29. Knitted and Felted Witch's Hat
30. Bath fizzes/Aromatherapy Shower thingies.    Technical terms.
31. Find all the WIPs and either finish or frog them!
32. Write a tutorial for my polymer covered candy jar/candle holder.
33. Musical Staff Scarf - not sure what song yet.
34. Knitted basketweave scarf
35. Moon socks
36. Felted Granny square bag for myself!

Thought about our challenge for this month - does it still count as a WIP if you get it finished and repost it before the end of the month??  I would think so...  but just wondering.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

greybird

<3 birds <3

formerly Avesthel

View Profile
« Reply #398 on: January 07, 2012 04:05:58 PM »

ZombieLili - I love the tiny amis!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #399 on: January 07, 2012 04:27:18 PM »

cloudnsnapper--I will never get the expression "galaxy in your underwear" out of my head Cheesy...I love that fabric...and I think you used it for a good purpose!

QNM--love the DOD skelly...so cute...I just love DOD stuff--so creative and colorful...I doubt that you could ever make two alike!

polluprissypants--the baby sandals are so cute...my niece or nephew will be born in June...are they meant for newborn size?

rosyposie--the weekender bag is also pretty nice--love the space fabric--and the piping looks metallic...a useful project...I like it a lot!

rlynn--the bunny is creepy cute--my favorite cute! Wink

ZombieLili--such tiny crochet!!!  Can't wait to see the bunny and carrot in a matchbox home!  Your DS case is nice, too!

dreadlocklove--the sweater is nicely done...love the patterns and texture...and what a funny kiddo!  Perfect model for a funky sweater.

indigo_roses--take a tape measure!  I need to know what size a toddler's head is as well! Cheesy...I keep knitting children's hats with no idea if a real kid would fit them!

Also, I am in the ATC swap--I used to not count them at all for this CAL, but now, I just list them as one project, but I try to do about 10 a year

bookstorebabe--nice upcycle!  I like the floral pattern much better...

kksimone--I laughed when I read your post: pets don't care...so true...crafting for pets and small children is the best! Cheesy

Keep up the good work everyone!

Ffrogg--you can add a mini-list whenever you want..I agree that most people rarely go back to anyone else's list except their own so it is nice to see what you are working on...for your own sake, you might want to cut and paste into your original list as well!  I only link back to the ORIGINAL list on the first page, not mini lists!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 436 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Martha Stewart Makes a Sweet-Gum Wreath
Seth Meyers and Martha Stewart Make Ball Garlands
A Beautiful Holiday Arrangement
DIY Wintry Botanical Framed Mirror
Martha Stewart Makes a Beautiful Menorah
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...