A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 302,562
Currently Running With Scissors:
648 Guests and 22 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 436
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 50 Projects 2012--Join here and post your lists !  (Read 522104 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

sheepBlue
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Crafting to keep insanity at bay.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #370 on: January 07, 2012 07:59:21 AM »

I tried sewing a simple bolero out of some reconned fabric from the thrift store which was a failure  Undecided I'm not quite ready to give up on the tutorial yet though. I think I might try it again in another fabric. I'm pretty sure of one thing I kind of messed up that I know I can do better again next time anyway.

I'd love any links or suggestions from you guys on easy newbie sewer tutorials for making clothes, specifically reconned tops.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mama24boyz

AND1GIRL!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #371 on: January 07, 2012 08:06:33 AM »

OK, I have a question for you guys, its a little vague cuz its for a swap but ihope you get the idea.  I have to make something for a 3 year old.  He will wear it and I found an awesome tutorial for a no sew, BUT it uses the peel and stick felt.  Would that be good? Or should I use the regular felt and sew it instead? Ummmm....the felt will kind of be a patch.... Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I absolutely love love quilts, do you think an afghan is a fair trade for a quilt? I'd love to swap!
Etsy
Pinterest
Mamas Creations on Facebook
tcmatteson

Baby it's cold outside...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #372 on: January 07, 2012 08:27:08 AM »

Personally, I would sew it or find some other way to permanently affix the patch to the shirt because 3 year olds are particularly active and like to pick at things... well, at least my 3 year old would pick at the patch ^_^;; Plus, the shirt would probably go through many many washings!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Crafter turned Soaper
Been away from Craftster for far too long Sad I miss this crafty community!
Simple & Clean Soapery on FB
Simple & Clean Soapery on etsy
ZombieLili
« Reply #373 on: January 07, 2012 08:29:09 AM »

So many new crafts already =D

I was a good girl, too and had quite a productive day for once.

Yesterday I finished a crochet DS case that I had started last year...I was always to lazy to finish it even though there wasn't much left to do. (Yes, that's a cat paw)

Today I tried one of those wire Tree of Life pendant. It was so hard to pull the wire tight >__< I should have used a thinner one.

And to stay true with my love for bunnies... a mini-mini amigurumi bunny and a carrot (that looks quite strange though...). I plan to alter a match box into a room for it to live ^^

Thanks for looking ^^
THIS ROCKS   Logged

meleriffic
Global Moderator
Clothing Moderator
Toys, Dolls, & Playthings Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #374 on: January 07, 2012 08:40:20 AM »

I finally started something. However, I doubt I will be done anytime soon. I started crocheting a bobble baby blanket last night. After 2 and a half hours I only had 2 inches done. It's going to take me forever!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
mama24boyz

AND1GIRL!!

« Reply #375 on: January 07, 2012 08:52:51 AM »

Thanks tcm, thats what I thought too, but thought some of you might know more about the sticky felt.  off to find some felt, I know I have somearound here, I can't wait to see if I can do this!!! (Oh, and its not a shirt..... Tongue)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I absolutely love love quilts, do you think an afghan is a fair trade for a quilt? I'd love to swap!
Etsy
Pinterest
Mamas Creations on Facebook
pollyprissypants

I'll bet you ride a Schwinn, Schwinnrider!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #376 on: January 07, 2012 08:59:08 AM »

Thanks tcm, thats what I thought too, but thought some of you might know more about the sticky felt.  off to find some felt, I know I have somearound here, I can't wait to see if I can do this!!! (Oh, and its not a shirt..... Tongue)

Yep, I'd sew, too. I just don't trust adhesives.

In other news, I decided upon baby sandals instead of baby booties. They are newborn sized, and ready for my niece when she makes her debut in March!

Sorry for the poor pic quality. The red is actually just the regular Red Heart red, it doesn't look that orange. And I live in Texas, so sandals are definitely seasonally appropriate- we usually start getting 80+ degree days right around the time she's due.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2012 09:00:10 AM by pollyprissypants » THIS ROCKS   Logged

pincushion_queen

old fashioned, but fashionable

View Profile WWW
« Reply #377 on: January 07, 2012 09:02:35 AM »

LOVE the galaxy pads! i've been meaning to make my own for a long time, need to add them to my list...

x
THIS ROCKS   Logged
rlynn
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #378 on: January 07, 2012 09:09:00 AM »

I tried sewing a simple bolero out of some reconned fabric from the thrift store which was a failure  Undecided I'm not quite ready to give up on the tutorial yet though. I think I might try it again in another fabric. I'm pretty sure of one thing I kind of messed up that I know I can do better again next time anyway.

I'd love any links or suggestions from you guys on easy newbie sewer tutorials for making clothes, specifically reconned tops.  Smiley

There are a ton on tshirt recons but it sounds like you might need one for woven fabrics...Sorry to hear the first try didn't work out.  Hope the second goes the way intended.

ZombieLili, the teeny tiny bunny and carrot are adorable!!!

Alrightie my partner received in the Pinterest Swap.  I made her this funny bunny very much inspired by one on her pinterest.  He is made from upcycled jeans and scraps of two sweaters that were accidentally felted.  Wink

Aria wanted one just like him.  Phil was just creeped out by him.  Heh...

Here's the original...http://pinterest.com/pin/106960559869549517/

Here is my version of the funny bunny.

Also I think I've finished 5 more items in the last few days but they are all swap items.  Hopefully next week sometime I can load them up here.  Cheesy  
« Last Edit: January 07, 2012 09:09:48 AM by rlynn » THIS ROCKS   Logged

suereal

Im not crazy about reality, but its still the only place to get a decent meal-Groucho Marks

Only the curious have something to find.

« Reply #379 on: January 07, 2012 09:44:36 AM »

OK, I have a question for you guys, its a little vague cuz its for a swap but ihope you get the idea.  I have to make something for a 3 year old.  He will wear it and I found an awesome tutorial for a no sew, BUT it uses the peel and stick felt.  Would that be good? Or should I use the regular felt and sew it instead? Ummmm....the felt will kind of be a patch.... Grin

I would probably use polar fleece instead of felt, and sew it.  Same no ravel, but it is washable and all.  I think the newer poly felts are washable to a degree, but they get yucky looking fast
THIS ROCKS   Logged

To all past swap partners....If something I made you fell apart in some way, it would be helpful to me if you PMed me and told me about it.  Sometimes, I try new things, and if they fail, it helps me to know
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 436 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
A Funeral for Blue Eye
Filming and Editing Tech Videos
Tips for Conducting an Interview
Walter Mosley Talks Adapting Books to Films
That Awkward Moment Junket
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...