A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 299,145
Currently Running With Scissors:
572 Guests and 21 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 436
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 50 Projects 2012--Join here and post your lists !  (Read 591618 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

cursive_queen
« Reply #240 on: January 04, 2012 04:58:04 PM »

bookstorebabe  There's a podcast called "The Nerdist" run by Chris Hardwick.  I'm going to a live show in March and I want to make him a throw of the logo Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
TheSapphireMoon
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

It's like a vacation for the mind, to leave the body behind...

Rockin' the baubles all around town...

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #241 on: January 04, 2012 05:24:29 PM »

OK, got my list up on my original posting from a few days back:

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=395702.msg4713064#msg4713064

31 items on it so far only, several wedding items for our ceremony set for 12/1/12, and plenty of room left to fill in items I work on and complete while home resting after bariatric surgery I expect to have in around March or April Smiley  After surgery I will also commence creating new smaller clothing for myself!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~ ♥ Zoe ♥ ~

In need of rainbow fabrics for a Teesha Moore tote, PM me to swap!

ETSY
http://thesapphiremoon.etsy.com
PINTEREST
http://www.pinterest.com/thesapphiremoon

Shop The Swap 62
50 Projects 2012
rlynn
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #242 on: January 04, 2012 06:23:54 PM »

Thanks Alwaysinmyroom and others who commented on our 2013 Alaska trip.  We are super duper excited. 

I am also excited tonight for a different reason. I think I have figured out not only birthday gifts but also Christmas gifts for pretty much everybody in the coming year.  *Sigh of relief*  For those hard to figure out folks...they are getting a soy candle in a favored scent in a recycled container of some sort.  No more of this racking my brain.  Easy peasy...also going to be teacher's holiday gifts for Aria's preschool teachers and gymnastics coaches.  This means I can seriously start crafting NOW rather than in September. 

Loving all the yarnie goods I'm seeing.  Cheesy

Congrats on the upcoming wedding, TSM!

I like a lot of your project ideas!  Maybe I will try my hand at an infinity dress as well...I really really want one but was intimidated by sewing not only clothing but sewing knit fabrics at that...I think I've overcome my fear...I should try again!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

LimeRiot
Image Reproduction Techniques Moderator
Miscellaneous Topics Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Sublime

« Reply #243 on: January 04, 2012 06:55:54 PM »

Good for you, rlynn!! You are seriously ahead of the game. It must feel great to have all that planning out of the way.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sheepBlue

Crafting to keep insanity at bay.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #244 on: January 04, 2012 07:04:19 PM »

I'm loving all the projects so far! I have 6 done so far this year but I have to get around to taking pictures and/or waiting for recipients to get their packages so I can share all the awesomeness  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pjr107
« Reply #245 on: January 04, 2012 07:14:14 PM »

Easy peasy...also going to be teacher's holiday gifts for Aria's preschool teachers and gymnastics coaches. 

Another easy gift that kids can make for teachers and such.... Memory wire bracelets.  I think it an "E" size bead that fits on the wire....
 you measure about around and one half of the memory wire.
Curl one end with needle nose pliers so it will hold the beads on.
No needles necessary with this project cause the wire is stiff enough.
Fill the bracelet with beads and curl the other end when the bracelet is full.

My son has been making these for his teachers since kindergarten (he's now in second) and they still love them!  There's no complains about diets and gives him a chance to practice his fine motor skills ( something he sometimes still has a problem with).

Just wanted to pass on the suggestion and will post a pic if I have any sitting around.
-pj
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kksimone
« Reply #246 on: January 04, 2012 07:22:48 PM »

I finally used some (if not all) of the pictures I printed...at some point and made a stationery set:

Tonight I think I finished my Mario sampler:

It still needs to be ironed and the back needs to be trimmed, but I'm not sure if it needs a winged goomba or a pair of Koopa Paratroopas at the top.

Sorry about the pictures--I forgot my camera at my sister's house over the holidays, and there's either a steep learning curve on my mother's camera (or it's just crap).  I decided you would enjoy "washed out" more than "strange yellowish tint."
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 Projects 2012 List

Craft Blog: Jupiter Star Power

Etsy: K.K. Simone
LaughingLark
« Reply #247 on: January 04, 2012 07:39:22 PM »

I finished the mittens for myself and for Ian. They are newbie-tastic, but wearable, with correct amount of thumbs each! One of my mittens was done before Christmas; the other was done today. the bit at the bottom of the mitten ended up looking different. I think I did a better job on the one I did today, but the lesson learned is to try to not let so much time pass before making mitten #2, if possible.  Cheesy

The kid mittens were an experiment with drafting down the pattern to fit a five year old. Basically, I got the size right, but I made some counting mistakes on one of the mittens. But they fit him, and he will leave one in a snowbank by accident soon enough, so the "galloping horse rule" was implemented.  I let Ian pick the yarn, and he chose a smallish ball of Red Hear Peruvian Print from my stash. I had juuuust enough to baaaarely finish them on yarny fumes, without crocheting around the wrist part. I don't care for how it worked up, but Ian likes them. I let him choose the yarn for the next attempt, and he found this one. Kids are always drawn to Red Heart Mexicana. I remember begging my mom for something made out of similar yarn back in the '70's, heehee. Some things never change.  Grin
http://www.createforless.com/Coats+_and_+Clark+Red+Heart+Super+Saver+4+ply+5oz+Mexicana/pid77881.aspx?utm_source=googlebase&utm_medium=cse

THIS ROCKS   Logged

LimeRiot
Image Reproduction Techniques Moderator
Miscellaneous Topics Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Sublime

« Reply #248 on: January 04, 2012 07:57:30 PM »

The Mario embroidery is great! Love the pixelated style of mario Smiley. I should add a cross-stitch pattern to my list. I've gotten away from it recently.

Cute mittens! The colors are so bright and fun - perfect for a dreary winter day. Red Heart Mexican is a classic Smiley.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

nicoleburdsall

Happiness isn't good enough. I DEMAND EUPHORIA.

« Reply #249 on: January 04, 2012 08:40:25 PM »

Thanks Alwaysinmyroom and others who commented on our 2013 Alaska trip.  We are super duper excited. 

I am also excited tonight for a different reason. I think I have figured out not only birthday gifts but also Christmas gifts for pretty much everybody in the coming year.  *Sigh of relief*  For those hard to figure out folks...they are getting a soy candle in a favored scent in a recycled container of some sort.  No more of this racking my brain.  Easy peasy...also going to be teacher's holiday gifts for Aria's preschool teachers and gymnastics coaches.  This means I can seriously start crafting NOW rather than in September. 

Loving all the yarnie goods I'm seeing.  Cheesy

Congrats on the upcoming wedding, TSM!

I like a lot of your project ideas!  Maybe I will try my hand at an infinity dress as well...I really really want one but was intimidated by sewing not only clothing but sewing knit fabrics at that...I think I've overcome my fear...I should try again!

I'm still behind on THIS Christmas! But candles are an awesome idea!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Every single person has a secret that would break your heart. If we could just remember this, I think there would be a lot more compassion in the world."

50 things in 2012: List 6/50 Completed

Pintrest: http://pinterest.com/nicoleburdsall
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 436 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Need to Know: Oversized Sweaters, Google Flight Finder, and Fab Slippers
Cara Delevingne and Taylor Swift Rock Runway Show
Isabel Marant Collection Hits H&M
Spring Trend Report: The Versatile Polo Shirt
GQ Fashion: Nouveau Garage
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Embellished Guest Towels
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hostess Gift
Handmade Gift Ideas: Mini Book Jewelry

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...