A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 297,046
Currently Running With Scissors:
471 Guests and 20 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 436
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 50 Projects 2012--Join here and post your lists !  (Read 538359 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Kookaloo_Starr

the best things in life aren't things!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #230 on: January 04, 2012 12:40:18 PM »

The Bohemian Wrapsody looks like something I'd happily wear but I'm with you on lengthening the back.

I have so many things I'd love to crochet for myself and that I've got the yarn for but I always end up last on the list. Last year I did sew myself quite a bit of clothing but never got around to the sweaters and things I had planned.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Use what talent you possess - the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best"

50 in '14
skittlebub
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #231 on: January 04, 2012 01:14:42 PM »

skittlebub--I am a rabid/avid Dr. Who fan!!  Glad to see you here...I am so close to having my Dr. Who scarf done (I was tempted by fantasticmio to make it!!)...your t-shirt is perfect...it makes me want to try stenciling this year...I have the freezer paper and the paint..I just need the courage!

Thanks AIMR  Smiley My scarf has been a WIP for 18months, when I get craft block I got and do a bit more.

Limeriot - Those wash cloths & soap bag are gorgeous, did you use a pattern?

THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 things 2013

I have a new postal address. PM me if you need it - 3/16/12
LimeRiot
Image Reproduction Techniques Moderator
Miscellaneous Topics Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Sublime

« Reply #232 on: January 04, 2012 02:14:29 PM »

Limeriot - Those wash cloths & soap bag are gorgeous, did you use a pattern?

Oh thanks! I use this double-bump pattern for the washcloths... http://myjewelthief.typepad.com/myjewelthief_knits/2008/12/doubel-bump-scarves.html

They come out nice and square.

The soap bag pattern is in a book... One Skein Wonders I think?? It's really easy though. Just knit a tube, add a row of yarn over, K2tog at the top to run the i-cord through, sew up the bottom and you're done!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pinterest!
My Blog!

Craftster has gone mobile!!  Read the news here.
suereal

Im not crazy about reality, but its still the only place to get a decent meal-Groucho Marks

Only the curious have something to find.

« Reply #233 on: January 04, 2012 02:20:09 PM »

suereal's LIST

I'm a bit relieved to stumble upon this forum again.  I need major incentive.  We just moved to a house, and there is so much to do...which means the procrastination monster is nipping at my heals.  I started cleaning and painting and such around the 7th of Nov. And because of the holidays, the move has taken 3 weeks...so far.  And THEN I'm on to painting the condo that we still have to sell to pay off the preg_replace('/(.{19})/', '$1 ', 'house...anyway....tons') of work to do.  Which is where the forum comes in.  While it feels like I have 5 bazillion things to do I was not able to come up with 50 at this time.  But it's a start..

1.  Kitchen curtains--the windows are covered in news print at the mo
2.  paint boarder in the kitchen
3.  Make covered light switch plates--maybe 20?
4.  Make covered outlet plates--maybe 50?
5.  Paint 2 metal sheling units
6.  curtains for "library" window
7.  some kind of floor covering for library--It is 4 coats of stink sealing paint and 3 coats of floor paint at the mo.  It's over (what used to be a nice) wood floor, that has been warped by cat urine, so it is very un even.  If anyone has an suggestions of some kind of floor treatments that you think might be interesting please let me know.  I'm leaning towards a lod school braided rug..maybe denim and that weight fabrics...
8.  Make the loo--we don't have a sink or cabnit in our toilet room at the mo.  We have bought a few things (like a Kohler cast iron sink that is this odd orange yellow range fro 25 bucks, and some cool cheesy gold and glass light fixtures for 10 bucks each), but it all will be re done.  I'm considering painting the outside of the new toilet for example...
9.  Make the bathing room--We are making one of the bed rooms into a bathtub and shower only room.  The room I am calling The Loo is just the toilet and sink.  This room has to be made from the ground up.
10.  Curtains for bathing room
11.  curtains for guest bedroom
12.  decorate and redo the laundry room
12.  organize craftroom
12.  bedroom curtains
12.  repaint three cabnits

I'm sure all that will work into 50 by the end of the year just fine Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

To all past swap partners....If something I made you fell apart in some way, it would be helpful to me if you PMed me and told me about it.  Sometimes, I try new things, and if they fail, it helps me to know
KLKing
Sewing Mentor

"Craftophrenia"~ Dabbling in Everything!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #234 on: January 04, 2012 02:45:38 PM »

suereal's LIST

7.  some kind of floor covering for library--It is 4 coats of stink sealing paint and 3 coats of floor paint at the mo.  It's over (what used to be a nice) wood floor, that has been warped by cat urine, so it is very un even.  If anyone has an suggestions of some kind of floor treatments that you think might be interesting please let me know.  I'm leaning towards a lod school braided rug..maybe denim and that weight fabrics...
8.  Make the loo--we don't have a sink or cabnit in our toilet room at the mo.  We have bought a few things (like a Kohler cast iron sink that is this odd orange yellow range fro 25 bucks, and some cool cheesy gold and glass light fixtures for 10 bucks each), but it all will be re done.  I'm considering painting the outside of the new toilet for example...
9.  Make the bathing room--We are making one of the bed rooms into a bathtub and shower only room.  The room I am calling The Loo is just the toilet and sink.  This room has to be made from the ground up.
10.  Curtains for bathing room
12.  organize craftroom
I'm sure all that will work into 50 by the end of the year just fine Grin

Sue, Dear... Just rip that nasty stuff up! Put down some concrete enamel and an area rug for now. Spend your time and money getting the bathrooms in shape. That's the best place to put money in a house. That and the kitchen.
Everything else ... I say get rid of anything nasty, sanitize the sub-flooring, and do it right when you can afford to.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2012 02:48:29 PM by KLKing » THIS ROCKS   Logged

suereal

Im not crazy about reality, but its still the only place to get a decent meal-Groucho Marks

Only the curious have something to find.

« Reply #235 on: January 04, 2012 02:52:29 PM »

SO far the paint is working...for me at least.  My Hub wants to take more Kilz and paint the the bottom of the room floors from the basement.  I do think we will have to go rug till it becomes clear we have to rip it up.  Once we sell the condo we will have more choices as to how to deal with it.  We will be folowing the bathroom advice for sure.  Nothing better then a great bath Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

To all past swap partners....If something I made you fell apart in some way, it would be helpful to me if you PMed me and told me about it.  Sometimes, I try new things, and if they fail, it helps me to know
bambii8899
« Reply #236 on: January 04, 2012 03:22:47 PM »

finally managed to find my camera and some batteries.

12. blue hat

14. smart phone case
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 projects in 2012  8/50
destash-along
crafted cushion swap-sent
Ffrogg526

Stitches in the Musical Weave

I can do that... I think.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #237 on: January 04, 2012 03:29:37 PM »

Ok - I'm caught up....  wow!  I didn't get to look yesterday so I knew I missed 5 pages there...  but then 4 more pages today!  Holy cow!

Great projects everyone!  I'm about to go use Random.org to work on my scrap scarf for a co-worker.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

waggonswest

« Reply #238 on: January 04, 2012 03:32:07 PM »

Arghhh.... I have to work.  I've got a ginormous party Saturday night and my house isn't clean.  I can't post my list and I HAVE to stop lurking here.  But you guys are so amazing.   I can't wait to get started. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://waggonswest.etsy.com
25/12,  14/13
57/50 in 2010, 53/50 in 2011, 85/50 in 2012 83/50 in 2013 link, 12/2014
4/14
bookstorebabe

Girl Genius! Kaja&Phil Foglio

« Reply #239 on: January 04, 2012 03:38:07 PM »

cursive-queen, what's a nerdist quilt? I'm all curious now, being a nerd myself. ^^
suereal you've got you're work cut out for you! Good luck with all the remodeling-I know it's going to be wonderful when it's done.
I'm lovin' all the hats and scarves and afghans and the moon socks-all you yarnists are amazing.
I think I'm going to tackle my fabric soonish, after I've put some more time in on my swap projects. I don't have that much, but it's bulky and takes up my limited supply space, it's odds and ends, I only hand sew and not that much so why do I need it? Time to give it a good hard look and see what I will really make use of. I mean, my oldest sis gave me a sewing machine, but I have no place to set it up and start learning how to use it! Time to start acquiring fabric when I have the time and space to use it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"If you're going to go for tech that doesn't exist,think Willy Wonka,not Hoover!" Firefairy@ craftster
http://StudioLTD@etsy.com. Coupon code summerfun  50% both shops
https://www.etsy.com/shop/HipsterHive?ref=shop_sugg
http://www.pinterest.com/studioltd60/
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 436 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Canon A610/A620: Set for Beach/Snow Scene
Canon A610/A620: Set for Backlight Scene
Canon A610/A620: Getting Started
Learn how to Share Photos from a Digital Camera
Learn how to Edit Images in a Digital Camera
Latest Blog Articles
August 20, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt
More Great Crafts Using Cardboard Tubes

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...