A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 298,095
Currently Running With Scissors:
547 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 410 411 [412] 413 414 ... 436
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 50 Projects 2012--Join here and post your lists !  (Read 567207 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

AlishaMisha
Hi-ho, hi-ho, it's off to Epcot I go!

Tomorrowland Transit Authority Active Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4110 on: December 11, 2012 09:56:22 AM »

Thanks Always! I will post the other pics later. Hard to wrangle up everything I have not photographed yet. When it comes to my carved stamps I am just going to have to take a pic of the prints they made from my letterboxing logbook since most of them are sent off in the world. As far as the jewelry roll goes, I wanted just zippers. I get so nervous with the open ones. I am always afraid something will come out like an earring or something like that.

Knitting vs. Crochet - from my perspective they were both easy to learn but at different times. I learned how to knit when I was about 12 or 13, but at the time I only got to casting on and the knit stitch. So that meant scarves and lots of them. I couldn't fix my mistakes at the time, so that was a little frustrating. Eventually I learned crochet at 19 for a swap to make that tiny granny square afghan on that chair pincushion (pic in my profile). I stuck with that for a little while and then at 22 decided to teach myself knitting. After that everything made sense to me. So my recommendation to everyone is to try again, but maybe at a different point in life?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #4111 on: December 11, 2012 10:07:03 AM »

I think YouTube is the best thing ever!  Sometimes, late at night, I run across a stitch I am not familiar with or that I forgot how to do...it is nice to SEE someone doing it as opposed to reading about it..I do have some great refrence books for fixing common mistakes and for knitting and crocheting better...that is my goal for next year!

I prefer the speed of crochet but I love the look of knitting...crochet is great for shapes as well...I think now I could do either without even thinking about it...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kookaloo_Starr

the best things in life aren't things!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4112 on: December 11, 2012 10:21:46 AM »

I love the speed of crochet, I'm a very slow and very basic knitter but some things I prefer to knit despite the time it takes me. Also I'm happy to crochet with a 1mm hook but you won't get me using knitting needles that small (if they even make 'em that small!). I learned to knit at 9 years old but it took me until I was 40 to learn to crochet  Shocked if I was doing a lace project it would be crocheted, if doing cables they would be knitted. I like being able to do both.

My Giftmas list crafting is very sparse this year.

1. A doll for my Mum

2. Two knitted petal scarves http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/petals-scarf

3. Wreath for my wall.

All three projects are part done which is lucky as I'm running out of time again  Roll Eyes

Oh and I have to agree with Always, youtube is the BEST although I get distracted by other vids and often forget what I went to research!
« Last Edit: December 11, 2012 10:23:47 AM by Kookaloo_Starr » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Use what talent you possess - the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best"

50 in '14
yofi
« Reply #4113 on: December 11, 2012 10:31:33 AM »

For some reason, crochet has always eluded me.  I don't know if it's because I'm left handed.

So many beautiful things, it's hard to keep up.  I love the rat/goblets, and the bracelets are inspiring.

Back to work for me!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Make all things!!

« Reply #4114 on: December 11, 2012 10:35:19 AM »

K-star--I have made that petal scarf many times...I love it!  The one I do is seed stitch so it takes a bit longer, but not that much!  My mom loves this one because it is not too long and bulky and it stays wrapped!

Yofi--I am left handed...I crochet right handed...I can also crochet left-handed but I cannot knit English to save my life!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sheepBlue

Crafting to keep insanity at bay.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4115 on: December 11, 2012 11:39:35 AM »

yay! Finished another xmas present! A crocheted cowl, I love this pattern. I used buttons made by LeapFeetFirst too  Grin

The pattern is easy but beautiful! Check it out here on ravelry.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Make all things!!

« Reply #4116 on: December 11, 2012 11:51:07 AM »

Beautiful!

Funny, I bought a ball of Noro sock yarn and hated the project I was working on...the original of your pattern calls for this yarn!!!  I hated the thought of Noro sitting in my basket... Cheesy

I love the big old buttons, too!  The stitches are gorgeous in the solid!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

yofi
« Reply #4117 on: December 11, 2012 12:15:26 PM »

That is a really lovely cowl -- I love the pattern (and the buttons!)
This time of year, I've got several cowls and short scarves going, since they work up so fast.

I finished this over the weekend -- felted wool with rows of non-felted yarn and slipped stitches.  I want to try it again with more short rows to make a more exaggerated lines, but I rather like how it turned out. 

50. Felted hat
THIS ROCKS   Logged
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Make all things!!

« Reply #4118 on: December 11, 2012 12:55:47 PM »

I think it is so cute!  I would love to try some mixing of feltable and non-feltable yarns like that...does it fit snug?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

yofi
« Reply #4119 on: December 11, 2012 01:14:44 PM »

It's a bit loose on my tiny head, but fit my coworker tight enough to not blow off, and loose enough to not plaster the hair down.

I've had fun playing with different yarns and patterns -- despite being the last knitter on the continent to have discovered felting!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 410 411 [412] 413 414 ... 436 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Paige Davis Decorates Napkins With Stenciled Monograms
Pretty Savvy: Stamped/Painted Collar
DIY Fourth of July Decorations
How to Make a Handprint American Flag
Combination of Color Dyes Produce Unusual Milk Art
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things
Meatless Monday: Pea, Potato, Leek, Mint Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...