A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 296,654
Currently Running With Scissors:
630 Guests and 29 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 286 287 [288] 289 290 ... 436
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 50 Projects 2012--Join here and post your lists !  (Read 527390 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

cinnamon teal
« Reply #2870 on: May 24, 2012 10:18:30 AM »

Wow! I can't believe how much awesomeness is going on in this thread!!!

Kookaloo_Starr - I greatly admire your sewing skills! I couldn't sew a pair of shorts if my life depended on it. Yours look great!
sheepBlue - Everything you make is amazing, as always!
Abbeeroad - Love the money cuff! That would be perfect for hiking with my dog. Also, the party looks fantastic!
QueenNinjaMonkey - very pretty crayon art. love the dogs!
rlynn - I love the pins and pin cushion. Super cute!
jillybeans - I love the buntings and the tee shirts! They look so professional!
alwaysinmyroom - 4x6 is adorable! I saw it in the gallery but I love it so much I had to comment twice! Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged

jillybeans
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2871 on: May 24, 2012 10:41:27 AM »

Sheep, I love the 4x6 art you did!  Its so lovely!  I'm so intrigued by the alcohol and sharpies technique you mentioned!  And those Inkodye prints you did are so flipping cool!  I actually like the film strip one.  Its really cool!

Omg, I totally need a pair of chub rubbers (teehee, chub rubbers) like that, Kookaloo_Starr!  They are so sassy!!

So I got a batch of jerky done on Tuesday for my dad for his birthday.

I use this recipe:  http://allrecipes.com/recipe/jerky-lovers-jerky---sweet-hot-and-spicy/
I've made it so many times, and its soooo good! 

Here's the meat on the trays before being dehydrated.

I have another batch in the dehydrator, as well, for my husband and me (the non-spicy variety, since I'm a wuss.  Which means I just don't add the pepper flakes.)

I also decided, on a whim, to make my best friend some magnets for her fridge:

I just happened to have a bag of wood discs that my mom gave me that she got from someone else who was getting rid of bunch of crafting stuff.  I started by painting the edges white, then used my Elmer's paint pen to make the stripes. I then cut out circles in one of my destroyed books (I'm still working on a destroyed copy of the The Hobbit).  I distressed the edges of the paper with Distressing Ink, then went along the edge with the paint pen and wrote on the letter and added dots.  I then mod podged the circle to the wood disc, then put a couple more coats of mod podge to seal it.  Then I gorilla glued on some magnets.  Weee!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest

I've moved in May 2013!  Contact me for my new address!
waggonswest
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

« Reply #2872 on: May 24, 2012 11:11:49 AM »

I was all set to claim a new crafty skill.  I managed to put together a video from still pictures and voice recordings as part of an fundraising campaign.  I let our web guru look at it before I posted it.  He said he wanted to tweak it.  Now that he is done the only thing left is the voice recording... but it is a truly awesome video.  It might actually work for the purpose.  So I am torn.  I don't think writing and reading a script really counts but I did figure out how to do it.  Hmmmm.....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://waggonswest.etsy.com
25/12,  14/13
57/50 in 2010, 53/50 in 2011, 85/50 in 2012 83/50 in 2013 link, 12/2014
4/14
Eclectic Dreamer

There's power in an unwritten page.

View Profile
« Reply #2873 on: May 24, 2012 01:27:56 PM »

I love the shorts... and I've been wanting "bloomers" for years. May some day actually get around to making some. lol.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.etsy.com/people/ShahanaKhan/favorites
http://pinterest.com/3pomegranates

Writing Magic - NaNoWriMo 2013 Swap: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=426706.0#axzz2cCRJhOrK

My new motto/mantra: "Eat. Rest. Be well of heart. Keep breathing."
Kookaloo_Starr

the best things in life aren't things!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2874 on: May 25, 2012 09:08:13 AM »

My sons girlfriends sisters daughter (I wish there was an easier way to say that!) is growing so fast she has already grown out of the 3-6month sized sun hats and yesterday as we sat in the sunshine her hat kept popping off her head! So today as it's another glorious sunny day here I decided I would make her a new one  Grin
She wasn't at home when I went round to drop it off but hopefully I will get a snap of her wearing it soon.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Use what talent you possess - the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best"

50 in '14
Tanath
« Reply #2875 on: May 25, 2012 02:35:24 PM »

waggonswest - of course you can count it. You figured out how and created a video, that's a new crafty skill, doesn't matter if the video used in the end isn't the one you made.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

-- Start at the beginning, and when you come to the end, stop! - Alice in Wonderland
mellybelly81
my handmade dream

I'll have that... I might be able to use it!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2876 on: May 25, 2012 08:23:56 PM »

cute hat Kookaloo, how about saying your son's kind of niece?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 projects in 2013 - 6/50
13 quilts in 2013 - 0/13
Destash-along

http://pinterest.com/myhandmadedream/

Looking for teal/turquoise/aqua, grey and white (or a combo) fabric for a quilt.

My son loves Peppa Pig's brother George and Raa Raa the noisy lion.
sarahj2001
Knitting Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

« Reply #2877 on: May 26, 2012 04:53:04 AM »

Geeze I havn't posted any updates to my 50 projects in a long time...I actually have a free few minutes this morning so I can get caught up here. Smiley

I've been getting a bunch of requests for spare tire covers...so I've been making a lot of those lately...

And I started on my beekeepers quilt...I think I have about 50 puffs done...only like 350 more..hehe Smiley

19.  Blue Hearts Tire Cover

20  Beekeepers Quilt

21.  Knit Architecture Project Help

22.  Autism Awareness Ribbon Tire Cover

23.  Breast Cancer Awareness Ribbon Tire Cover

24.  Granny Circle Tire Cover
THIS ROCKS   Logged

trinalocakary
Arts and Crafts keep me sane

Crafting 'cause I can't help myself

« Reply #2878 on: May 26, 2012 07:08:02 AM »

I am working on crafts for PRIDE on the 18th of June, tons of rainbow scarves made from t-shirts (thank you Micheal's for 5 for $10 shirts as I need 7 for these plus some black and white) Rainbow ribbon necklaces and some recovered Journals I got for $.40 so with a fun simple cover (Micheal's has glitter/shimmer paper $1 a sheet, each sheet can be made to cover 3 journals so i can sell the journals for $3-$4) also some paper flower hair clips that I will probably sell for a buck for medium or 2 for $3 for large
I may come up with a few more crafts but I have a very limited time and I am trying hard to make sure that I keep my prices low as well as my cost since I hate how vendors gouge everyone at the festival and if a rainbow t-shirt scarf costs me $1.50-$2.50 to make than I dont see why I shouldn't sell them for $5-$6 especially since I am sharing a booth with others
We are also going to do body painting using body paint pens and I will also do glitter paint and rhinestones
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Blog http://artinmybag.wordpress.com/
50 projects for 2013 ... 15/50  (Individual items finished 15) http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=418274.msg4952976#msg4952976
50 projects for 2012 ... 85/50  (Individual items finished 200+)
Kookaloo_Starr

the best things in life aren't things!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2879 on: May 26, 2012 02:23:11 PM »

I made two more sun hats for Skyla today  Grin I'm counting all three as one project. Here are the pics, I think they came out rather sweet  Smiley

That isn't a beer can modelling them, it's my money box  Cheesy

I crocheted around a stone  Roll Eyes My hubby had seen some online and it was one of those " I bet you can make them" things.
I'm calling it a paperweight  Wink #10 bamboo thread and a stone from the beach at Skegness  Wink

I also made a new cover for my deckchair but as it's not re-assembled yet I can't count it as complete - fingers crossed it will be ready tomorrow  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Use what talent you possess - the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best"

50 in '14
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 286 287 [288] 289 290 ... 436 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Check and Clean Your Sensor Dust
Learn about the Shutter Speed
Learn about ISO Sensitivity
How to use the Metering Mode - Canon 40D DVD
How to work with shutter Speed
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...