A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 297,455
Currently Running With Scissors:
590 Guests and 34 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 151 152 [153] 154 155 ... 436
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 50 Projects 2012--Join here and post your lists !  (Read 547701 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

waggonswest
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1520 on: February 15, 2012 11:06:10 AM »

Beautiful work Sera,  Absolutely no need to bring in the galloping horses. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://waggonswest.etsy.com
25/12,  14/13
57/50 in 2010, 53/50 in 2011, 85/50 in 2012 83/50 in 2013 link, 12/2014
4/14
dreadfullydivine

Raising the next generation of evil warlords

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1521 on: February 15, 2012 01:14:18 PM »

My other half hogs the computer for a couple of days and now I have to play catch up with all the lovely posts!

smashu-Yet another fantastic corset, I will end up being your own personal Craftster stalker if you keep posting these awesome corsets. Wink I now still have to convince my other half that a sewing machine is something that I NEED since he claims that my hobby is collecting hobbies.  Roll Eyes

indigo_roses-The scarf is adorable and thank you for posting the link to the Nutella Cheesecake brownies. Now I am going to test them out next week at a potluck. I may have to make two batches since my children and other half will descend upon them like locust.

Gspinn-I dunno which I love more the Hobbes or your awesome Jayne Hat!

Ffrogg526-Lovely hoop! I really want to try my hand at embroidery due to all the lovely hoops that have been posted recently. I also really like the ring dish.

zombiecazz-Adorable bunny hat

rlynn-Not only are the blue butterfly wings awesome your daughter is such a cutie.

that1girl-Cute hoops!

SilverMoon-What a fun hat!

kriSmith-I really like the coasters and the coat rack.

QueenNinjaMonkey-Wow those cupcakes do look awesome. So I am going to try this with regular 7up thanks for the recipe.

rantyhippie-Cute sundress it looks really light and super comfortable.

mellybelly81-I love baby bags. My youngest is still small enough to wear them.

rottenlittleboys-Love the Ood bookmarks! Where did you find the awesome Ood pattern? The dreamcatchers are amazing. Was there a specific tutorial you followed?

jillybeans-Wow those are some awesome stuffies!  Shocked I dunno which one I like the best.

gozer-Love the banana purse!

cinnamon teal-The hearts in the mason jar is a really great idea. I think it is much better than a card bought at the store. Wink

noooitaremybirthday-Honestly can you get anymore awesome? Not only did you make some amazing things but you crafting a great monster plaque with my favorite Poe quote.

redstar13-The little outfits are so adorable.

Kookaloo_Starr-The rainbow arm warmers are amazing.

Sera unravled-Love the action shot of the lap quilt. Kitties FTW!

So now that I am officially caught up I need to stop procrastinating and get back to work on my crafts. Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Will do personal swaps.. ^_^
Whedonverse Swap Round 8: Questionaire sent!

50 Crafts in 2012~ 9/50+
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=395702.msg4714204#msg4714204
rottenlittleboys

Inspiration without application is moot.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1522 on: February 15, 2012 01:19:03 PM »

Our oldest son just received his Eagle Scout badge. My husband and I were at a local fabric store and found this really cool Boy Scout fabric by Robert Kaufman, utilizing the pictures that Norman Rockwell did for the Saturday Evening Post.

Even though I am not a quilter, I had to do something with that fabric for our son.

The material had different scenes in panels.  I placed all of the panels around a center of muslin. At the celebration, Sharpie (brand) pens were handed out and everyone signed his quilt.

The back is another piece from the collection, some of you may recognize it from older Scout uniforms.

And a little jacket I just managed to get pictures of. The pattern is the Granny Square Shrug. http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/granny-shrug-2

On the dreamcatchers. My husband is part Indian and this is just one of the skills that had been passed down in his family.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SilverMoon

Rainbow IS a colour!

Probably erring on the wrong side of crazy

« Reply #1523 on: February 15, 2012 01:25:51 PM »

What a lovely scout quilt! Makes me giggle because I had one of those hats. Scouts in Australia don't wear them anymore, they have Akubras instead. And no more khaki uniforms either, which I think is silly. How are you supposed to blend into the bush in a dark blue shirt and whatever pants you feel like wearing? At least they don't have to wear those horrid scratchy knee socks though.

I notice your quilt has blue and green uniforms on it, do they mean something different over there?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rottenlittleboys

Inspiration without application is moot.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1524 on: February 15, 2012 01:46:42 PM »

What a lovely scout quilt! Makes me giggle because I had one of those hats. Scouts in Australia don't wear them anymore, they have Akubras instead. And no more khaki uniforms either, which I think is silly. How are you supposed to blend into the bush in a dark blue shirt and whatever pants you feel like wearing? At least they don't have to wear those horrid scratchy knee socks though.

I notice your quilt has blue and green uniforms on it, do they mean something different over there?

Thanks, I love hearing about the differences in Scouting all over the place.

These scenes were painted anywhere from I'd have to say the 1930s through the 1960s. I remember seeing pictures of my brother in a blue uniform nearly identical to the ones the youngest kids are wearing in that. (he is a bit older than I am )
THIS ROCKS   Logged

waggonswest

« Reply #1525 on: February 15, 2012 02:41:56 PM »

Gorgeous scout quilt and quite an accomplishment for your son!  Congrats. 

Boy Scouts wear the green/khaki -ish uniforms.  The younger cub scouts have blue shirts.  Adventure scouts have a dark green shirt and den mothers can still choose a pretty yellow blouse... although I think most den mothers go for the regulation shirt these days. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://waggonswest.etsy.com
25/12,  14/13
57/50 in 2010, 53/50 in 2011, 85/50 in 2012 83/50 in 2013 link, 12/2014
4/14
rockon
« Reply #1526 on: February 15, 2012 05:13:12 PM »

The stuff that has been posted lately is brilliant!  You know what made me laugh about the Boy Scout quilt awesomeness?  It is how un-rotten your rotten little boy has to be to earn the Eagle Scout honor, rottenlittleboys! 

I am working on an embroidery kit for a swap partner -- it was the perfect theme and I thought I would take the opportunity to practice/learn stitches (my embroidery skills are fairly poor). 

I haven't really finished much except these capes I made for our Penguin Plunge (a jump into the lake here in VT in February to raise money for Special Olympics).  One is pictured but I made 2 -- one for me and one for a friend who also jumped. The picture stinks, I am sorry.  And please excuse my messy room!

We had a food swap at the UU society I belong to tonight.  It was so much fun!!

Rock on, all!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Abbeeroad
Tutorial Contributor

Liberal Tie-Dyed Tree Hugger

« Reply #1527 on: February 15, 2012 05:40:24 PM »

I'm way too behind to comment on everyone's awesomeness.  I almost didn't bother going through all the pages I was so far behind, but then I saw the peek of sheepBlue's Hunger Games bag and KriSmith's awesome TM wall hanging!  I would have been sad to have missed those!  Not to mention all the amazing-ness in between.

I'm not keeping up, but I do have one more item down:

33.   Valentine cards:

THIS ROCKS   Logged
katara
« Reply #1528 on: February 15, 2012 10:34:21 PM »

I recently made myself a bracelet using beads from my stash

rottenlittleboys - I love the granny square shrug. Think it's something I'll be adding to my list  Smiley

noooo - The 'otter feast' ATC is my favourite!

gozer - I love the fabric you used for the purse  Wink

kriSmith - The TM wall-hanging rocks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

KLKing
Sewing Mentor

"Craftophrenia"~ Dabbling in Everything!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1529 on: February 15, 2012 11:15:57 PM »

Hey Rotten... Congrats on the Eagle Scout! You really made him a keepsake Quilt... how special!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 151 152 [153] 154 155 ... 436 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Beautifully Wrap a Bottle of Wine
How to Create a Fall Wreath in Under 30 Minutes
How to Make Homemade Bows
Pat Mitchell: Policy Comes from the Top
Pat Mitchell: The Audacity to Take Risk
Latest Blog Articles
Falling Leaves
Meatless Monday: Provencal Inspired Quiche
@Home This Weekend: Buzy Bee Activity Chart

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...