A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 296,633
Currently Running With Scissors:
451 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 145 146 [147] 148 149 ... 436
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 50 Projects 2012--Join here and post your lists !  (Read 527054 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

smashu
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

punk rock meets saturday morning cartoons..

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1460 on: February 12, 2012 10:21:59 PM »

Tonight I finished a project I have been working on for the past month and a half! This is the skirt for my upcoming C.A. Cupid cosplay (new character from Monster High!). I'm proud of it because it's the first repeating pattern (and only second time) using my YUDU. I also had to draw the graphics myself in Illustrator for the heart pattern. I dip dyed a light pink gradient on the bottom half of the skirt as well although it is pretty light. It was my first time dyeing anything since I was little and I was totally freaked out by leaving it any longer lol The white peau de soi and lining were both upcycled from a vintage missies Easter dress, the gathered tulle trim was from my stash (and I've had it for.. ten years? lol)

I need to make a crinoline so it has more of a cupcake shape Smiley

KLKing: 50 bras! Wow! If they cost anything like mine that is crazy! (I'm totally jealous lol) I will try to get a photo of me wearing the corset when I'm out some time. I need a total closet overhaul so maybe a skirt should be an upcoming project Wink lol

rlynn: Thank you!! I don't have time to cosplay now but I have a bucket list of costumes for this year and I'm slowly working my way through them Smiley By the time the summer comes I plan on going to San Diego Comic Con and then I will be able to pick and choose what I bring! And there is more time to do photoshoots at my leisure, something I usually am too rushed to do and makes me feel sad because I have no evidence of my work. I haven't read the Abhorsen trilogy but I'm adding it to my list! I think using a literary source for cosplay inspiration is a great idea! Your daughter sounds like me when I was little Smiley (clearly things haven't changed much lol) Those wings you made Aria is so cute!

dreadfullydivine: I approve of you learning to sew! Especially if it is with the ultimate goal of sewing corsets Cheesy

Smeddley: Thanks!! The great thing is that you can always take them apart if you don't like what you've done or you want to cannibalize the boning for another project Smiley You should try it! And spiral steel boning is really not very expensive in the grand scheme of things.

Gspinn: HOBBES!! Oh my god. You reminded me how much I loved Calvin and Hobbes when I was younger by the awesomeness of him!! Great job!

zombiecazz: That hat is fabulous! I had a little cuteness meltdown when I saw the tails are actually 3d Cheesy

SilverMoon: What a sweet picture and hat!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

-Smashu :[    ♥   My blog! http://smashworks.blogspot.com/    ♥   Pinterest   ♥   Projects 2012(114)

In progress:   ♥   50+ Projects 2013(Cool
kriSmith
« Reply #1461 on: February 13, 2012 05:33:55 AM »

smashu  - That skirt is awesome! Great job.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://pinterest.com/krismith/

Would love to do personal swaps - collection items for my Duck's Unlimited women's raffle
cursive_queen
« Reply #1462 on: February 13, 2012 06:34:13 AM »

Smashu - I am in Awe, that totally looks like cupid's!  We're going to have to meet up at SDCC (that's assuming they ever put the tix on sale) because I would love (and my kiddo) to see your creations in person!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
meleriffic
Global Moderator
Clothing Moderator
Toys, Dolls, & Playthings Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1463 on: February 13, 2012 07:10:48 AM »

Smashu- The skirt is amazing. You are so talented!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
rlynn
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1464 on: February 13, 2012 08:41:54 AM »

Smashu, that skirt is glorious! 

You should definitely read the Abhorsen triology.  They are so good.  Garth Nix is working on another Abhorsen book set way before the triology; its supposed be released next year. Cheesy

My daughter (I'm sure every parent feels this way) is a brilliant little creature.  I absolutely adore her creative little mind.  She is so unique and loves what she loves without a care in the world if others like it.  I hope she holds onto that forever and ever. 

I finished up 1 swap package last night, 2 hoops for the pinterest swap.  I also finished up a small giveaway package for the pinterest swap.  We've taken a page from alwaysinmyroom and have decided that giveaways make everything more fun.  I have two birthday presents to try to finish before the week is up as well.  And then I seriously need to start working on Aria's rainbow birthday.  Luckily I have some delightful craftsters helping me out with that one.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

QueenNinjaMonkey

Write that down in your pirate pad.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1465 on: February 13, 2012 11:35:43 AM »

I made cupcakes today from a recipe I saw on Pinterest. You mix 12oz diet 7-Up with a box of strawberry cake mix (do not add any other ingredients), the cupcakes only have around 80 or 90 calories.

« Last Edit: February 13, 2012 11:37:00 AM by QueenNinjaMonkey » THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pinterest

150 Projects In 2014
8/150
My List
MeganCrafts

I can't stop swapping! I think I have a problem.

View Profile
« Reply #1466 on: February 13, 2012 11:44:08 AM »

Those cupcakes look awesome.  If only I could consume anything diet without it making me feel like death.  Stupid fake sugar intolerance.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/megancrafts

Swaps:
Taking a break. Would consider small personal swaps.
cursive_queen
« Reply #1467 on: February 13, 2012 12:08:48 PM »

big question... how do they taste?!  Do you use the whole bottle and bake for the same amount of time?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Kookaloo_Starr

the best things in life aren't things!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1468 on: February 13, 2012 12:29:00 PM »

More questions:
 Does it have to be diet?
 What weight is the box of cake mix?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Use what talent you possess - the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best"

50 in '14
QueenNinjaMonkey

Write that down in your pirate pad.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1469 on: February 13, 2012 12:36:43 PM »

The cupcakes taste amazing, they are maybe a little bit denser than regular cupcakes, but that seems to be the only difference.

You only use 12oz of 7 Up and then bake for the regular time.

I don't think you have to use diet, I'm just trying to eat a little better.  Smiley

The weight of the cake mix is 18.25oz
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pinterest

150 Projects In 2014
8/150
My List
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 145 146 [147] 148 149 ... 436 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
More Women Ditching Hair Dye To Go Gray
3 Ways to Clean Your Makeup Brushes With Household Products
Best Face Cleansing Wipes
Luxury Summer Makeup at a Price You Can Afford
A Look Inside the NewBeauty TestTube for Summer-Fall 2013
Latest Blog Articles
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...