A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 297,052
Currently Running With Scissors:
590 Guests and 30 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 132 133 [134] 135 136 ... 436
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 50 Projects 2012--Join here and post your lists !  (Read 538520 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

jillybeans
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1330 on: February 07, 2012 07:35:04 AM »

mmmmm chocolate!  They look good to me, too!  Great job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest

I've moved in May 2013!  Contact me for my new address!
Kookaloo_Starr

the best things in life aren't things!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1331 on: February 07, 2012 07:47:19 AM »

Adding a FB link for this one as its for a swap in progress  Wink Pics don't really do it justice if I do say so myself!

1. Color: Red family--pinks, rose, burgandy, red, purpley red...!
and
3. Swap items...yep, if you swap with another member

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150532497646130&l=0cd4d1bf00
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Use what talent you possess - the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best"

50 in '14
dreadlocklove
« Reply #1332 on: February 07, 2012 08:50:03 AM »

You can't really see it in the photo but there are small beads of separated cocoa butter on the top.  And I'm not sure why the batch on the right as a swirly effect to it.  So I'm going to try freezing next time and see if it makes a difference.  And I'm going to have to look into chocolate molds now because I think I'm going to be hooked on this for a little while!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

How pleased can one sun setting make you, if you humble yourself to it?  -Ani DiFranco

Dreadlocklove on Etsy:
http://www.dreadlocklove.etsy.com

50 CRAFTS IN 2014
cinnamon teal
« Reply #1333 on: February 07, 2012 09:36:58 AM »

dreadlocklove: your chocolate looks delicious! The bee pollen ones sound interesting. Does that give a honey-ish flavor?
Kookaloo_Starr: Love the socks! They look so cozy!
ZombieLili: I love your drawings! Especially the illustrations of the little girls.
Eclectic Dreamer: Your roller derby patches are wonderful!

I finished a pair of socks and a swap item. Pics will be up soon. The last few days I've been sanding away at my dresser. I bought a palm sander, which is so great for the big flat areas, but now I'm just working on the carvings. Under the gunky top layer, I discovered that the veneer on the drawers is really pretty but it's chipping away on the edges, so I think I'm going to have to paint over it. Poop.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Eclectic Dreamer

There's power in an unwritten page.

View Profile
« Reply #1334 on: February 07, 2012 10:03:33 AM »

cinnamon teal: Thanks! I didn't expect it, but I'm in love with how they turned out and want to make more. Lots more.

Do we have to mention in our post that we hit one of the entry marks? ie: my last post had 4 items on it, so would could for #4: 3 items = 1 entry.
Also #3: they were for a swap partner (though no bonus)
and would the patches count as #1: red family? It's tenuous at best so I'm not expecting them to count. Smiley
« Last Edit: February 07, 2012 10:07:42 AM by Eclectic Dreamer » THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.etsy.com/people/ShahanaKhan/favorites
http://pinterest.com/3pomegranates

Writing Magic - NaNoWriMo 2013 Swap: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=426706.0#axzz2cCRJhOrK

My new motto/mantra: "Eat. Rest. Be well of heart. Keep breathing."
redstar13
"Setting a goal is not the main thing. It is deciding how you will go about achieving it and staying with that plan. " -Tom Landrey

« Reply #1335 on: February 07, 2012 10:23:47 AM »

I made a Buffy the Vampire Slayer themed hoop for the Ongoing hoopla swap and It arrived!!
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=401523.msg4746911#msg4746911

It seemed to take forever, but when i sat down in a controlled environment (a flight;) ) it worked up REALLY fast Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jillybeans
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #1336 on: February 07, 2012 10:39:56 AM »

I made a Buffy the Vampire Slayer themed hoop for the Ongoing hoopla swap and It arrived!!
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=401523.msg4746911#msg4746911

It seemed to take forever, but when i sat down in a controlled environment (a flight;) ) it worked up REALLY fast Cheesy

Wow, that looks like it would have taken forever!  You did an amazing job on it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest

I've moved in May 2013!  Contact me for my new address!
dreadlocklove
« Reply #1337 on: February 07, 2012 10:57:57 AM »

dreadlocklove: your chocolate looks delicious! The bee pollen ones sound interesting. Does that give a honey-ish flavor?

Bee pollen has more of a bitter taste to it but it's considered a superfood and I consume it regularly so I'm used to it.  Maca tastes worse, in my opinion, a cross between dirty old cupboard and rotten marshmallow.  =)  But I'm used to its taste too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

How pleased can one sun setting make you, if you humble yourself to it?  -Ani DiFranco

Dreadlocklove on Etsy:
http://www.dreadlocklove.etsy.com

50 CRAFTS IN 2014
rottenlittleboys

Inspiration without application is moot.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1338 on: February 07, 2012 11:59:21 AM »

Bee pollen has more of a bitter taste to it but it's considered a superfood and I consume it regularly so I'm used to it.  Maca tastes worse, in my opinion, a cross between dirty old cupboard and rotten marshmallow.  =)  But I'm used to its taste too.

It used to be considered if a plant was bitter it most likely had medicinal qualities.

If I remember correctly, they were right.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

smashu
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

punk rock meets saturday morning cartoons..

« Reply #1339 on: February 07, 2012 12:00:36 PM »

kwiltykate: Thank you! I'm a bit corset obsessed and have taught myself how to make them which is.. dangerous lol My friends run a rep theatre here that has a burlesque event every few months! Past ones were Holy Boobies Batman (all batman themed) and Marvelesque (all Marvel characters). The next one is Simpsons themed and I can't wait! I thought a donut accessory would be fitting Smiley

Maybe a fascinator with little donuts?

Thank you KLKing and cursive_queen (also congrats on the win!)! I love that this board is so active Smiley I find it hard to sleep lately so I'm on here just lurking and working on projects all night and day. It's nice to see everybody around here!

redstar13: That Buffy hoop is amazing!

Here is my first finished project I'm posting images for! I have a ton of allergies which make eating things like donuts impossible.. But I found a recipe I could modify to accommodate all my allergies! I present mini chocolate donuts that taste really amazing and are also free of corn, wheat, dairy, yeast, and other things that don't like me! I didn't make a glaze for these but I did try sprinkling powdered sugar on them and they were lovely that was as well.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

-Smashu :[    ♥   My blog! http://smashworks.blogspot.com/    ♥   Pinterest   ♥   Projects 2012(114)

In progress:   ♥   50+ Projects 2013(Cool
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 132 133 [134] 135 136 ... 436 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Our 2011 Oscars Winner Picks
Unknown Premiere
John Turturro on Acting Out an Orgasm
John Turturro on Playing Jesus Quintana in The Big Lebowski
Akira Kurosawa and Individualism
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Decoupaged Table Top
August 20, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...