A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 300,850
Currently Running With Scissors:
685 Guests and 24 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 436
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 50 Projects 2012--Join here and post your lists !  (Read 488242 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Gspinn

Crafting a girl's best friend

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1010 on: January 24, 2012 05:10:12 PM »

Thanks everyone for the kind comments about my rainbow hat and the pink RAoK hat too. It really made me feel good to come back and read the comments after a terrible day yesterday. I came home from work to find my house broken into and my tv, xbox, and video games gone. Also gone are a nintendo wii and DS that were in my mom's room. I stayed home from work today looking for rental properties so I can finally move out of mom's house and crocheting a new hat for myself as I find crocheting is some of the best personal stress relief and therapy for me.

This hat was inspired by the color card scarf on Caron's website
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rlynn
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1011 on: January 24, 2012 05:12:35 PM »

Thanks everyone for the kind comments about my rainbow hat and the pink RAoK hat too. It really made me feel good to come back and read the comments after a terrible day yesterday. I came home from work to find my house broken into and my tv, xbox, and video games gone. Also gone are a nintendo wii and DS that were in my mom's room. I stayed home from work today looking for rental properties so I can finally move out of mom's house and crocheting a new hat for myself as I find crocheting is some of the best personal stress relief and therapy for me.

(((Hugs))) I am so sorry.  Sad

I love the newest hat.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rottenlittleboys

Inspiration without application is moot.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1012 on: January 24, 2012 05:24:25 PM »

/crochet/DSCN0091.jpg[/img]

Oh that stinks Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged

noooitaremybirthday
Tutorial Contributor

You don't have to type the whole thing...Call me Nooo :D

I've gone through like 5 gluesticks this week...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1013 on: January 24, 2012 05:33:00 PM »

Hang in there ffrogg, you make us happy by hanging around here Smiley
Gspinn, that's a huge bummer... So many colors on your 2nd hat.... I love them.

Made another canvas board notebook... I have been procrastinating some other projects and making these instead Tongue I need to do some sewing or something!

I used some stuff I got at Michael's on crazy-clearance Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

trinalocakary
Arts and Crafts keep me sane

Crafting 'cause I can't help myself

« Reply #1014 on: January 24, 2012 05:47:49 PM »

I've heard that eating walnuts and other things rich in omega 3s really help.

DEPRESSION especially winter based is also helped by LARGE doses of vitamin D... like 1000 to 5000 which is 10X what is officially suggested but my dr says to try 5,000 a day during the winter so I am giving it a go and staying busy.
I will have photos of some stuff up soon I hope.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2012 05:59:51 PM by trinalocakary » THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Blog http://artinmybag.wordpress.com/
50 projects for 2013 ... 15/50  (Individual items finished 15) http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=418274.msg4952976#msg4952976
50 projects for 2012 ... 85/50  (Individual items finished 200+)
trinalocakary
Arts and Crafts keep me sane

Crafting 'cause I can't help myself

« Reply #1015 on: January 24, 2012 05:49:44 PM »

....I came home from work to find my house broken into......[/img]

That is horrible (((HUGS)))
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Blog http://artinmybag.wordpress.com/
50 projects for 2013 ... 15/50  (Individual items finished 15) http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=418274.msg4952976#msg4952976
50 projects for 2012 ... 85/50  (Individual items finished 200+)
mama24boyz

AND1GIRL!!

« Reply #1016 on: January 24, 2012 06:21:59 PM »

nooooo, everything you make is amazing with the colours.  Sorry to hear about everyone feeling down and Gspinn, getting your house broken into, that stinks!

I've finally got some pics to share!!!  One of my swap partners recieved, so i can post lots of pics.

First is the white infinty scarf that was supposed to be for Christmas, and even worse is I haven't seen Nat for 2 weeks so its even later!!!!  Oh well, I figure it can now be an early Valentines gift  Grin

Then I made these owl hats for my partners (missmlissa) son and soon to be born baby.  They're from the same pattern I used for Daysies

I also made her son this angry bird hat (pattern from Ravelry) and some angry birds to go with it (also from Ravelry)

Then I made her baby a rainbow star blanket. I picked rainbow cuz she doesn't yet know what shes having and I thought it was bright and neutral.  The last row is actually purple but it looks almost black in the pic.

I also made the baby a cute little owl ribbon toy.  Pattern found here http://therubberpunkin.blogspot.com/2010/01/owl-softie-ribbon-teether.html

And, remember I was asking you guys for help with felt?? Well, it was for this!!!!!

And thanks for your suggestions!  I sewed the felt on and it wasn't as hard as I thought it would be and it looks so nice.  But next time I'm gonna get bigger pieces of felt cuz some pieces weren't whole, like the blue part. I only used the small pieces you get at the craft store.  But I'm so proud of it.  I found this easy tutorial online, I thought itw as genius to use a large tshirt so you don't have to worry about the neck!!  AND it came with a tute for the mask too!!!
http://seecatecreate.wordpress.com/2010/12/18/how-to-make-a-no-sew-super-hero-cape-and-mask/
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I absolutely love love quilts, do you think an afghan is a fair trade for a quilt? I'd love to swap!
Etsy
Pinterest
Mamas Creations on Facebook
bookstorebabe

Girl Genius! Kaja&Phil Foglio

« Reply #1017 on: January 24, 2012 07:13:01 PM »

Gspinn, I'm sorry about the break in. Scary! Good luck with finding a new place! Fingers are crossed.
mama24boyz, great stuff! Thanks for posting the link to the superhero cape-even with my  non existent sewing skills, I could  probably make this. My great nephew will be 5 this June, just the right age!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"If you're going to go for tech that doesn't exist,think Willy Wonka,not Hoover!" Firefairy@ craftster
http://StudioLTD@etsy.com. Coupon code craftster,10%
http://www.pinterest.com/studioltd60/
Koreena

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1018 on: January 25, 2012 04:50:44 AM »

So sorry to hear about the winter downers & the break-in...  Stay strong, ladies!  Trinalocakary~ You're so right about the vitamin D, it works wonders even in non-wintery seasons.  Another bonus to taking it is that it's said to help fight 'women's cancers' too.  I have found that taking Omega oils really helps me feel calm, too.  When I know I have a stressful day ahead, I even take 2! 

As for the crafting progress...  LOVE all of these projects!  I'm going to have to edit my list AGAIN to add the awesome superhero costume...  I have a cousin with a little boy who would absolutely freak out if I surprised him with one of those...  Thanks so much for sharing!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kookaloo_Starr

the best things in life aren't things!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1019 on: January 25, 2012 05:07:41 AM »

Super hero cape - fantastic! My "Dangerous K-Man" could do with one of those  Grin

Rainbow+Star+Crochet= super awesome  Grin Grin Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Use what talent you possess - the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best"

50 in '14
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 436 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Apply Iron on Transfers
How to Tie Dye a Bikini
How to Do Stitches on the Sewing Machine
How to Use Dye on Garments
How to Apply Tie Dye
Latest Blog Articles
Mr X Stitch Presents: The Cutting (& Stitching) Edge - Jose Romussi
Tute Tuesday: Imprinting on Concrete
Mmm, Bacon!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...