WARNING: THESE ARE ADDICTIVE!
I based them off of Oh She Glows's (www.ohsheglow.com
Even Mr. Boyfriend and my dad enjoyed these (Father's sans-chocolate). I'd say that is a success.
Lovely Peanut Butter Cups
(Makes Approx. 11)
* 1/4 cup coconut oil
* 1/3 cup coconut oil (not a typo---divide your coconut oil into these amounts)
* 3/4 cup natural peanut butter (I used smooth)
* 3/4 cup naturally sweetened graham cracker crumbs
* 1/4 cup brown rice syrup
* 1/3 cup brown rice syrup (not a typo---divide into these amounts)
* 5 heaping tablespoons of cocoa powder
1. Place 1/4 cup of the coconut oil, 1/4 cup brown rice syrup, peanut butter, and graham cracker crumbs in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir until the coconut oil is melted. Remove from the heat.
2. In a muffin tin with liners, pour in this mixture.
3. In a saucepan over medium heat, melt the remaining coconut oil and brown rice syrup. Stir in the cocoa powder.
4. Pour over the peanut butter mixture.
5. Place in the freezer for about an hour.
6. Remove from the freezer, remove the liners, and store in the fridge. The cups can be stored in the freezer, individually wrapped, and then thawed for 5-10 minutes before serving.
More pics and a recipe for the sugar free graham crackers on le blog:http://positiveponderings.blogspot.com/2011/11/lovely-peanut-butter-cups.htmlIf you try these, please let me know what you think!