At a recent family garage sale, I was digging through my MIL's box and found 11 Sonic t-shirts that had once belonged to my SIL, Megan. She worked there for a year or two, and met her husband there as well. These were good, cotton t-shirts and for the most part they were in pretty good condition. As soon as I saw them I thought of a t-shirt quilt, even though I am not a quilter. I finally finished it and now I have to sit on it for a month before giving it to them for Christmas. This is gonna be so hard!
Here is the whole thing. I was so afraid of it not being big enough that I think I may have made it too big, lol! It is close to a queen size.
Just a close up of some of the inside blocks. With only 11 shirts to work with I had to get creative, so I used the sleeves and bottom parts of the shirts to create 9 patches. I think that I literally used every single bit of material from those shirts.
To quilt it I simply ran a line of stitching along each row of black and down each column of black. I wanted to do more but, quite frankly, I got tired of quilting very quickly and it was so hard to fit all of it in the machine.
For the back, binding, and sashing, I knew I wanted to go with a simple black and white. I just happened to have the crazy wavy fabric and the solid black in my stash, ao all I had to buy was the black w/white dots. Makes for a bit of a busy back and binding, but I think that may be my favorite part.
Well, thanks for looking!!