A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 296,390
Currently Running With Scissors:
786 Guests and 46 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: A t-shirt quilt courtesy of Sonic  (Read 693 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

atmomma
« on: November 16, 2011 08:21:21 AM »

At a recent family garage sale, I was digging through my MIL's box and found 11 Sonic t-shirts that had once belonged to my SIL, Megan. She worked there for a year or two, and met her husband there as well. These were good, cotton t-shirts and for the most part they were in pretty good condition. As soon as I saw them I thought of a t-shirt quilt, even though I am not a quilter. I finally finished it and now I have to sit on it for a month before giving it to them for Christmas. This is gonna be so hard!

Here is the whole thing. I was so afraid of it not being big enough that I think I may have made it too big, lol! It is close to a queen size.

Just a close up of some of the inside blocks. With only 11 shirts to work with I had to get creative, so I used the sleeves and bottom parts of the shirts to create 9 patches. I think that I literally used every single bit of material from those shirts.
To quilt it I simply ran a line of stitching along each row of black and down each column of black. I wanted to do more but, quite frankly, I got tired of quilting very quickly and it was so hard to fit all of it in the machine.

For the back, binding, and sashing, I knew I wanted to go with a simple black and white. I just happened to have the crazy wavy fabric and the solid black in my stash, ao all I had to buy was the black w/white dots. Makes for a bit of a busy back and binding, but I think that may be my favorite part.

Well, thanks for looking!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

amalgam
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2011 09:02:40 AM »

Looks great! I guess that's the catch-22 of finishing a Christmas gift ahead of time. You don't have to rush for a gift, but you also have to wait before you can give it to them.Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Have an UFO(Unfinished Object) that you want to see get done? Join the Finish My UFO Swap! http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=433415.0#axzz31MVlWM80

http://www.wists.com/liko_2000
http://pinterest.com/liko_2000
Brackish Potato
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2011 10:41:56 AM »

Great job! They're going to love it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wists.

"Oh, the thinks you can think up if only you try!" -Dr. Seuss
Maddys Mum
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2011 11:09:16 AM »

So cool! Love it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mama to 2 little pickles!

www.bubbachic.typep ad.com
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Cut Your Man’s Hair
How to Cut a Girl’s Hair
How to Avoid a Bad Hair Day
Blow Dry Curly Hair Tutorial
How to Blow Dry Hair to Create Volume
Latest Blog Articles
DIY Summer
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...